Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kellyKleen

kellyKleen Newcomer

Been canvassing in Chippenham wiltshire and gone really well £300 of new work in 2 days. But I have changed from telling people I call 4 weekly and say 6 weekly. Reason for this was when I started my first round back 20 years ago most would go for 4 weekly with some asking for 8 weekly. But last 2 years that has changed to the point that 75% asked for 8 weekly. So now I do 6 weekly cleans and if some one says that is too often I tell them I keep windows clean not clean dirty windows so if they want 12 weekly cleans it will be an extra £5. It so far so good.

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

50% of mine is 6 weekly. 45% 8 weekly & only 5% 4 weekly. I also find 4 weekly is to quick & like you a lot of people after a while change it.

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I have one lady who likes her windows done weekly......I only manage to do them fortnightly though. I think 6 weekly is fine but when it stretches to 8 weeks then I think it means more work....muckier windows and frames. I have mainly monthly customers, but because I am constantly behind, they end up being 6 weekly. I do have an hardcore group of monthly custies who get really uptight if I dont get theirs done within the month. To save myself receiving hassling texts and phone calls and moans I always ensure this group get theirs done within the month and I do find that these are the easiest and quicker cleans. Easier than 6 weekly and much easier than 8 weekly.

4. Posh

Posh Hero

My 5% 4 weekly are the same. I have to give them the next date I'm coming & do on that day. If for some reason I can't I do it as close as possible but have to tex or ring them to let them know. I think in 4 years I've only missed it 3 times coz of weather.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I just say monthly now and if the want them doing every two months that's fine too.

6. shazzy692002

I really don't mind if people want 4/6/8/or even 12. There always clean even after 12 weeks, Maybe is the area I live in.

7. cheapncheerful

yep mine be floating custys in the most....but the storm damage is a lot worse on dirty windows....just done one yesterday aft what seems like six months.....and all the storm ones were in direct sunlight ....his house and garden were immac but he says he doesnt bother much with the windows....still gave me a tip as they were bad so cant be too bad...

8. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

6 weeks is the best frequency for wfp I think, 4 weeks too soon and dont get too dirty and your always in their pocket, and 8 weeks too long the customer forgets about you.

9. cheapncheerful

yeh me not too bothered....the only time i got sacked off the person wrote me a really nice letter and said 13 weeks was just too long.....well i was younger and had to get rid of two rounds a year(always the worst work as you do) i am paying the price now though with the storm damage taking me a lot longer, i kinda like the idea of never knowing where i will end up... but hey it soon be summer:)

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

6 weeks is ok, but 8 weeks means more work as the frames, sills and glass are muckier. I can understand why some cleaners charge more for 8 weeklys as it normally will take a bit more time. Must admit, I havent seen any shift in customer preference from monthly to 6 weeks or 2 monthly. The vast majority of mine want monthly....just wish I could manage to do them all on time.

Advertisement