Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A BAD DAY!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Unfortunately, for me, I think I've topped your bad day today. On my way to last job, changed down a gear approaching a roundabout and the gearbox went bang. Did last job and limped to mechanics who told me I need a new gearbox   :1f622: £900 for a recon and????  for clutch, flywheel and fitting. Also touch and go if I get it back by Sunday so might need to hire Van for next week. 

That happened to me about a year ago.

Driving along and everything seized up.

Recon box, new clutch and flywheel. £900 quid ish

Gearbox oil seal was the culprit on mine. No oil left. 

That happened to me about a year ago.

Driving along and everything seized up.

Recon box, new clutch and flywheel. £900 quid ish

Gearbox oil seal was the culprit on mine. No oil left. 
Mine is £900 for the gearbox alone, £120 back if my gearbox isn't holed. Just hired a van for £230 so I can do gutters down south next week. Then I've got clutch etc. Hoping £1500 covers it, at least it's happened up here. If it had gone on the way down south it would've been a nightmare. 

Mine is £900 for the gearbox alone, £120 back if my gearbox isn't holed. Just hired a van for £230 so I can do gutters down south next week. Then I've got clutch etc. Hoping £1500 covers it, at least it's happened up here. If it had gone on the way down south it would've been a nightmare. 

thats a nasty bill

mine van was 10 years old with 120k on

not long after that the turbo was on its way out so i got rid of it and got a newer van on finance, couldnt be doing with that again, its a nightmare with no van.

yeh i hired a van for the week too, ballache

thats a nasty bill

mine van was 10 years old with 120k on

not long after that the turbo was on its way out so i got rid of it and got a newer van on finance, couldnt be doing with that again, its a nightmare with no van.

yeh i hired a van for the week too, ballache
As I said I'm fortunate in that I'm doing gutters next week so only losing a days work. Just means I'm working next week and not making any money. 

Would be devastating for a newbie. 

Back