Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice Greatly Appreciated

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely though trad window cleaners could just stick their kit on a pole?! wagtail!

H&S is really a load of ****, its there to do a good thing but it just causes so much trouble!

They could do, but they don't have to.

Personally I wfp upstairs & trad down as I only have a 175l tank (plus shoulder gives me grief). Couldn't trad everything off a ladder where I am as too many slopes for my liking!

I don't care if they're banned or not, I've stopped taking on jobs where I'll have to use a ladder. They're a pain in the ****, I don't need it. It's pole / WFP for me, only bungalows have the option of trad. If they want to go back to trad from wfp I drop them, plenty of trad cleaners out there who'll take the work and plenty of wfp customers I can pick up to replace them. It's not a war, there are lots of customers, wfp and trad both have their place in our industry!

Never had a ladder accident yet only a couple of weeks ago whilst pole-ing a window over a sloping roof, I tripped over a raised manhole cover and hurt my ankle. Only a minor inccident but, still one more than I've had in three years of ladder work.

The only thing that needs banning is the RO system, 3x 4x or even more the amount of water down the drain to produce 1x pure water is shocking and I can only imagine that the authorities haven't caught on yet. Rain harvesting and/or DI-ing should be mandatory for wfp imo.

As for cleaning better, why do people think soap was invented ? Would you take a bath in water only...would you tell the missus to forget her fairy and fill her sink up with pure water....would you pipe your washing machine up to your DI, leave out the powder and expect your clothes to come out clean oh and....stay cleaner for longer lol.

Some of you guys need to remember that there's a difference between the bs you feed your customers and what you try to feed to fellow pro's.

Mart.

Never had a ladder accident yet only a couple of weeks ago whilst pole-ing a window over a sloping roof, I tripped over a raised manhole cover and hurt my ankle. Only a minor inccident but, still one more than I've had in three years of ladder work.

The only thing that needs banning is the RO system, 3x 4x or even more the amount of water down the drain to produce 1x pure water is shocking and I can only imagine that the authorities haven't caught on yet. Rain harvesting and/or DI-ing should be mandatory for wfp imo.

As for cleaning better, why do people think soap was invented ? Would you take a bath in water only...would you tell the missus to forget her fairy and fill her sink up with pure water....would you pipe your washing machine up to your DI, leave out the powder and expect your clothes to come out clean oh and....stay cleaner for longer lol.

Some of you guys need to remember that there's a difference between the bs you feed your customers and what you try to feed to fellow pro's.

Mart.
Were talking about cleaning windows here not washing pots or having a bath/shower.
Pure water more less sterile so strips the window of soap and dirt!

You find this out when you convert!

Btw i used to think like yourself! Most trad wc also think the same.

Pure water more less sterile so strips the window of soap and dirt!
Wow...it actually 'strips' the dirt from the glass does it ? :Image3: I wish my squeegee would strip dirt....."hey come here you pesky lil spec of dirt you, I'm not just gonna remove you but, I'm gonna strip you of everything you stand for" :Image15:Could you explain the difference between removing the dirt and stripping the dirt please ?

I put it to you that it rinses the dirt onto the brickwork via the window sill. Myself, I take the dirt home on my scrim where I string it up and interrogate the hell out of it about where it came from and how it got there....then I lock it in a round steel room with a glass door, push number 6 and let mr fairy loose on it before thanking it for making itself available and reminding it to be in the same place in 4 weeks time.

Btw, there's alot of people that think like you, you can often spot them in the wfp section asking questions like 'I cleaned the windows today and they are all streaky, please help :Image1: '. Most trad wc's know it's inferior, some wfp wc's know it's nothing more than a work around and 80% of customers would pick trad given the choice. :Image9:

Mart.

Wow...it actually 'strips' the dirt from the glass does it ? :Image3: I wish my squeegee would strip dirt....."hey come here you pesky lil spec of dirt you, I'm not just gonna remove you but, I'm gonna strip you of everything you stand for" :Image15:

Could you explain the difference between removing the dirt and stripping the dirt please ?

I put it to you that it rinses the dirt onto the brickwork via the window sill. Myself, I take the dirt home on my scrim where I string it up and interrogate the hell out of it about where it came from and how it got there....then I lock it in a round steel room with a glass door, push number 6 and let mr fairy loose on it before thanking it for making itself available and reminding it to be in the same place in 4 weeks time.

Btw, there's alot of people that think like you, you can often spot them in the wfp section asking questions like 'I cleaned the windows today and they are all streaky, please help :Image1: '. Most trad wc's know it's inferior, some wfp wc's know it's nothing more than a work around and 80% of customers would pick trad given the choice. :Image9:

Mart.
Bit over the top Mart but I think we got your thoughts on wfp pretty clear lol.
Now I'm closing the thread, I asked for no wfp vs trad wars it's not what the topic is about and the OP has been answered.

Goodnight and thanks for coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back