Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on build your own system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£500 I nearly spat my coffee out that I made in my £15 cafetiere, Its the quality of the product not the trash they put in it at these coffee places, tastes like swamp water ?
Agreed mate. At my last job they used to get rounds of Costa coffee every day. I never joined in, told them straight I don't appreciate the coffee enough to let someone spend £3/4 on it for me.... Also if you join in on rounds at some point you have to spend over £20 on coffee, that would break me!! My neighbour has an expensive professional one, saw them taking it into the house (lottery winner ?) I'm not a fan of cafetiere coffee, too much faffing for me, i'm happy with boring instant where a whole jar costs £4 haha

We also don't know who @justmyhouse1982 really is. I've taken his enquiry at face value as a person genuinely interested in where to buy equipment to clean his own windows. Over the years I've had a few people ask me where they can buy a pole like that so they can clean their own windows.

But could he be a potential window cleaner looking to start up who went about asking the wrong way?

Or could he be a trad cleaner looking for the cheapest setup to go wfp?

Or could he be just an internet troll who has wound some of us up by his last comment?

We probably won't hear from him again. If we don't the hole he (if he is indeed a he) leaves behind is the same hole you leave behind when you pull your hand out of a bucket of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed mate. At my last job they used to get rounds of Costa coffee every day. I never joined in, told them straight I don't appreciate the coffee enough to let someone spend £3/4 on it for me.... Also if you join in on rounds at some point you have to spend over £20 on coffee, that would break me!! My neighbour has an expensive professional one, saw them taking it into the house (lottery winner ?) I'm not a fan of cafetiere coffee, too much faffing for me, i'm happy with boring instant where a whole jar costs £4 haha

We decided that a nice cup of coffee would be in order after a hard days graft on Tuesday. We drove past a garden center with a coffee shop. A small piece of cake was £2.80 and coffee £3.20. I walked straight back out again. Wasn't paying that amount for a cup of coffee x 2. Funnily enough, the place was full.

Last edited by a moderator:
We decided that a nice cup of coffee would be in order after a hard days graft on Tuesday. We drove past a garden center with a coffee shop. A small piece of cake was £2.80 and coffee £3.20. I walked straight back out again. Wasn't paying that amount for a cup of coffee x 2. Funnily enough, the place was full.
But could you have gone home and made a cake as nice

It's all about the wetherspoons 99p coffee mate haha. Coffee and a cake is probably about £2 ?

But could you have gone home and made a cake as nice
That's true. Tbh the cake didn't look up to much either. We ended up at home with coffee @P4dstar style.

There is a little coffee shop in Boosbeck that makes a good cup of coffee Costa style and a decent slice of cake. It costs the same amount as 1 cuppa at that coffee shop.

It's all about the wetherspoons 99p coffee mate haha. Coffee and a cake is probably about £2 ?
The one near us is difficult parking (residents only). Son says you can buy a never ending coffee cup. I like the sound of that but my bladder doesn't. ?

Many people here in the Faroe islands just rinse their windows with the garden hose. Those with taller houses use a cheap Vikan car wash brush with an extension pole on. We have very low tds here, and the windows come out just fine. At least way better than with no cleaning at all.

When people say they can't afford my service, i just tell them to use the garden hose instead.

Perfect results? Not at all. But probably better than what could be done with a cheap squeegee from the local supermarket.

I was in a garden centre yesterday and saw Michael j Fox!

Well i think it was him, he had his back to the fuchsias ?

Many people here in the Faroe islands just rinse their windows with the garden hose. Those with taller houses use a cheap Vikan car wash brush with an extension pole on. We have very low tds here, and the windows come out just fine. At least way better than with no cleaning at all.

When people say they can't afford my service, i just tell them to use the garden hose instead.

Perfect results? Not at all. But probably better than what could be done with a cheap squeegee from the local supermarket.

You can get away with doing that in some places in New Zealand as well.

Back