Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any female window cleaners on here?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It may not even be a she. It may be a he who wants to be a she. It may be a she who was a he, and now has she bits after having he bits removed. The physique would still be the same, so strength wise no problem. I have a customer, who is a she and a he, dependant on which side of the bed he/she gets up. As a he, he calls me mate, and looks like meatloaf. As a she, she calls me lovie, and loks like meatloaf with a ponytail and padded bra, with frilly blouse. It's all very confusing, but he/she is a good payer, and a very nice person...

It may not even be a she. It may be a he who wants to be a she. It may be a she who was a he, and now has she bits after having he bits removed. The physique would still be the same, so strength wise no problem. I have a customer, who is a she and a he, dependant on which side of the bed he/she gets up. As a he, he calls me mate, and looks like meatloaf. As a she, she calls me lovie, and loks like meatloaf with a ponytail and padded bra, with frilly blouse. It's all very confusing, but he/she is a good payer, and a very nice person...
I've just been listening to 'The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin' on audio book. Your post sounds like it could have been part of it.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to spread some laughter, and not take life too seriously ?
Very true. Maybe the original poster will enlighten us to the true facts in her, his, or other case. Though she? seems normal to me. ?

Edit: I just checked back.
My mistake, It's not the op, it's @MCWswho came into the conversation part way through. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone on here rememeber @shaz?, probably not but i think what damo is doing-if it comes to fruition would be very good for the franchisee, @Damo would provide the very best equipment available to his franchisee's its in his nature to do this, and i guess the help and back up would be the same, i think it could go well- nobody picked up on the gf in his comments so i take it they are living together as partners, women cleaning windows really does go down well if you find the right one, lets face it 90% of enquireys will come from the woman of the house so a female cleaner is more likely to get the job over a man, other than that there is the "time of the month thing" which may prove an issue ie changing pads etc or the need for a pee, being a woman the customers are much more likely to let them use the loo if the woman of the house is in, i'm sure the ladies reading this will understand that comment, amanda (my wife) used to work alongside me for a few years, the winter months were the hardest for her, cellulite goes rock hard and aches (so i'm told) when its cold and god she found that it did hurt damart underwear was the saviour though.

yes girls are built differently from the boys but, what damo is offering equipment wise is far better than what most most of the forum members have, ie extreme poles, hot water, electric reels, thats standard equipment for his franchisee's, so i honestly can't see why it would be a problem working with that set up.

does anyone on here rememeber @shaz?, probably not but i think what damo is doing-if it comes to fruition would be very good for the franchisee, @Damo would provide the very best equipment available to his franchisee's its in his nature to do this, and i guess the help and back up would be the same, i think it could go well- nobody picked up on the gf in his comments so i take it they are living together as partners, women cleaning windows really does go down well if you find the right one, lets face it 90% of enquireys will come from the woman of the house so a female cleaner is more likely to get the job over a man, other than that there is the "time of the month thing" which may prove an issue ie changing pads etc or the need for a pee, being a woman the customers are much more likely to let them use the loo if the woman of the house is in, i'm sure the ladies reading this will understand that comment, amanda (my wife) used to work alongside me for a few years, the winter months were the hardest for her, cellulite goes rock hard and aches (so i'm told) when its cold and god she found that it did hurt damart underwear was the saviour though.

yes girls are built differently from the boys but, what damo is offering equipment wise is far better than what most most of the forum members have, ie extreme poles, hot water, electric reels, thats standard equipment for his franchisee's, so i honestly can't see why it would be a problem working with that set up.
We boys don't know how lucky we are. I'd hate to have rock hard cellulite.....

Some very good points made there!

I tried to convince my partner to come clean with me as I think a good male/female team is unbeatable in my opinion, she does do the Admin now. 

I loose a small amount on the setup's I provide but at the moment I have a large volume of work coming in daily, so I don't put any real effort into building rounds (That effort part was done 10 years ago).

Some very good points made there!

I tried to convince my partner to come clean with me as I think a good male/female team is unbeatable in my opinion, she does do the Admin now. 

I loose a small amount on the setup's I provide but at the moment I have a large volume of work coming in daily, so I don't put any real effort into building rounds (That effort part was done 10 years ago).
All joking aside, you don't have to be big in stature to be strong. I know of a couple of women that do our job with no problems at all. If she wants it enough then she'll be fine.....

Hi Damo,

I realise I'm a bit late to this thread... I don't come on the forum much any more (too busy working full time and running a house/raising a child single handed!) but seeing as you've only had one other woman reply I thought I'd add my thoughts.

I've been cleaning windows full time for just over 8 years. I suppose I'm not your typical woman, in terms of not wanting to teeter around in high heels with a full face of makeup etc but I'm shorter and smaller framed than most men so I guess I don't look particularly strong/manly either ?

I'm fine working up to a good height and working full days, in fact now I've got a van it's significantly easier than the early years when I was operating WFP from a bike with a kid on the back!

IMG_20190114_101125.jpg

2017-01-15 11.28.52.jpg

I would imagine any woman considering stepping into a "man's" profession will have thought carefully about whether or not it's really for them. Probably moreso than most men... I've lost count of how many men I know who've started window cleaning and given up a few months later when it's harder than they expected. 

I hope it works out for you with this new person ?

Hi Damo,

I realise I'm a bit late to this thread... I don't come on the forum much any more (too busy working full time and running a house/raising a child single handed!) but seeing as you've only had one other woman reply I thought I'd add my thoughts.

I've been cleaning windows full time for just over 8 years. I suppose I'm not your typical woman, in terms of not wanting to teeter around in high heels with a full face of makeup etc but I'm shorter and smaller framed than most men so I guess I don't look particularly strong/manly either ?

I'm fine working up to a good height and working full days, in fact now I've got a van it's significantly easier than the early years when I was operating WFP from a bike with a kid on the back!

View attachment 25959

View attachment 25958

I would imagine any woman considering stepping into a "man's" profession will have thought carefully about whether or not it's really for them. Probably moreso than most men... I've lost count of how many men I know who've started window cleaning and given up a few months later when it's harder than they expected. 

The second picture should be an inspiration to anyone! 

Hi Damo,

View attachment 25959

View attachment 25958

That’s the best picture I’ve ever seen on this forum ?

Latest Posts

Back