Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any new years resolutions?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s a horrible feeling, it was affecting my work life, i quit on the friday and after the friday/saturday/sunday & monday nights of the comedown i was so tired and drained that i wasnt fit to work or drive. That’s when i bought the vape and got my nicotine craving sorted out. I no longer crave cigs but im still puffing my vape like a heavy smoker and have full strength liquid. It’s nothing less than having a devil on your shoulder

I'm on patches at the mo, thats how I did it last time. I've got an e-cig but i've only used it twice, not a fan. It feels like trying to cure hunger with a drink of water!

I'm on patches at the mo, thats how I did it last time. I've got an e-cig but i've only used it twice, not a fan. It feels like trying to cure hunger with a drink of water!
Yeah a lot of people don’t get on with them, they reckon only 1/4 of people who use them actually manage to quit real cigs, so i’m happy to be one of the few

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Good on you. Keep it up.

Im gonna proper get back into playing football. I got quite depressed over the last year, and completely stopped exercising despite buying a fancy bike last year ?

played football news day afternoon and got injured lol

*new years day

So to the original question:

Yes, I plan to do 3hrs of either running, football or cycling a week.
I honestly think window cleaning isn't a very good job for your mental health I've been doing it's 8 years and I suffer a bit of depression and a lot of it is to do with our profession, we work all day on our own with no one to speak too or motivate us, we only have our own thoughts which makes it worse when you have a problem you have no one to talk about it too so I find it's all you think about all day. We work on our own all day in the cold,dark,damp conditions for half the year. I can sometimes go a few days with out even speaking to someone at work all day which isn't good. My new years resolution is to try and be more positive at work as I've found the last few months I've not really been enjoying my job due to having too much work and feeling knackered every day lol maybe it's time to have a bit of a cull. I've had 10 days off been back for 2 and back to feeling like I'm falling apart due to a RSI. I know everyone moans about there job but I like mine just think sometimes it's a very lonely job!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think window cleaning isn't a very good job for your mental health I've been doing it's 8 years and I suffer a bit of depression and a lot of it is to do with our profession, we work all day on our own with no one to speak too or motivate us, we only have our own thoughts which makes it worse when you have a problem you have no one to talk about it too so I find it's all you think about all day. We work on our own all day in the cold,dark,damp conditions for half the year. I can sometimes go a few days with out even speaking to someone at work all day which isn't good. My new years resolution is to try and be more positive at work as I've found the last few months I've not really been enjoying my job due to having too much work and feeling knackered every day lol maybe it's time to have a bit of a cull. I've had 10 days off been back for 2 and back to feeling like I'm falling apart due to a RSI. I know everyone moans about there job but I like mine just think sometimes it's a very lonely job!! 
Yeh I agree actually at times. I also live live on my own. So some days are very lonely, as you say we can go a whole work day without talking to anyone. 

Sorry to hear about your struggles with mental health, it’s becoming more & more common (or at least more people are talking about it) 

But some days, if the sun is warm & shining and it’s been a good week, few quid in my pocket, I actually really enjoy the job. 

Work 

2 or 3 more vans but not fussed as comfortable and content now. 

Work less on the tools.

Steam line as much as possible and implement new ideas/make my inventions.

Personal

Lose weight.

Get rid of time leeches. 
More gaming and other hobbies I enjoy.

2qdgwx.jpg

Yeh I agree actually at times. I also live live on my own. So some days are very lonely, as you say we can go a whole work day without talking to anyone. 

Sorry to hear about your struggles with mental health, it’s becoming more & more common (or at least more people are talking about it) 

But some days, if the sun is warm & shining and it’s been a good week, few quid in my pocket, I actually really enjoy the job. 
Few of the window cleaners I know will call each other on handsfree while out working. Did it a few times myself. Maybe a shout for some. Can always call other windys from the forums. 

Welcome to van life, Den. I use a Vito campervan for sea kayaking weekends. Careful it can be addictive. ☺ 
I have a few kayaks

perception Carolina 

perception kiwi 3 

perception sundance not the uk version its a American import only a couple came into the country apparently 12’ instead of 9’ 

bad photo they are sitting on my dog kennel only used them once this year as been too busy to get out 

08A0C464-277C-4471-A875-24D075A69756.jpeg

D10EDD5D-97D6-4AF8-8E3A-1FA306CCA59C.jpeg

I have only one New Years resolution.

To carry on exactly how I am.

A rich man will not be happier than a content man!

Pub time ??

Happy new year ?

Well done Den. Nordkapp Rm and Polyform Skyros are my boats. I paddle year round. Mostly local lake for training and Dorset coast for sea trips. ⚓?

I have the opposite problem, I talk to much to my customers. Today I was cleaning the sheltered housing complex and must have lost an hour if I added it all up but we are all from the same scheme so we know the same folk. As for new years resolution, my aim is to get a few new customers each month by explaining what I do. 

Well done Den. Nordkapp Rm and Polyform Skyros are my boats. I paddle year round. Mostly local lake for training and Dorset coast for sea trips. ⚓?
Nice boats wouldn’t really fancy mine for sea can get away with inshore rivers I generally do the local canals the grandchildren love it. 

Dorset coast sound great, would fancy that myself ?

My resolution this year is to be more decisive with the business and try and earn more and on a personal note to try and lose a bit of weight,

going great so far, can't make my mind up whether to cut back or employ and eaten so much junk food the last few days lol 

Focus on my health and happinessssssssssss.

Workwise, implement processes and procedures to allow me more time to annoy the wife and kids.

Good luck guys!

Back