Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any new years resolutions?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you want an honest answer on 'resolutions' o don't have any.  However the business plan for 2019 is to grow the main business five fold, grow the franchise operation two and a half fold and acquire commercial premises for the business before the end of the year and to ensure the company shows zero profits by the year end but asset of £200k minimum.  

And I plan to do so without having to go out and clean windows. ?

My resolution this year is to be more decisive with the business and try and earn more and on a personal note to try and lose a bit of weight,

going great so far, can't make my mind up whether to cut back or employ and eaten so much junk food the last few days lol 
I used to be indecisive, now i'm not so sure ?

If you want an honest answer on 'resolutions' o don't have any.  However the business plan for 2019 is to grow the main business five fold, grow the franchise operation two and a half fold and acquire commercial premises for the business before the end of the year and to ensure the company shows zero profits by the year end but asset of £200k minimum.  

And I plan to do so without having to go out and clean windows. ?
Thats's great but what you gonna do with the other 10 months ???

I honestly think window cleaning isn't a very good job for your mental health I've been doing it's 8 years and I suffer a bit of depression and a lot of it is to do with our profession, we work all day on our own with no one to speak too or motivate us, we only have our own thoughts which makes it worse when you have a problem you have no one to talk about it too so I find it's all you think about all day. We work on our own all day in the cold,dark,damp conditions for half the year. I can sometimes go a few days with out even speaking to someone at work all day which isn't good. My new years resolution is to try and be more positive at work as I've found the last few months I've not really been enjoying my job due to having too much work and feeling knackered every day lol maybe it's time to have a bit of a cull. I've had 10 days off been back for 2 and back to feeling like I'm falling apart due to a RSI. I know everyone moans about there job but I like mine just think sometimes it's a very lonely job!! 

Yes it can get very depressing bring out solo especially getting up.in the dark and going out in the cold. Customers make it worse when they moan about you cleaning in the rain or not unlocking gates or paying etc.

To be honest I really enjoyed window cleaning when I was 3 - 4 easy days a week. Now I'm 5 days on my own and almost full it's not fun, it's an obligation and a chord to keep going. 

That's why I want to grow the round, I enjoy picking up new work and I enjoy the business in general but cleaning glass all day every day forever no thanks. 

I have decided with a heavy heart to cancel my weekly UK Lottery playing. I counted up how much I spent last month so if I save the money I could afford an exotic holiday. Should have done it years ago and I would have anew van by now.

I have decided with a heavy heart to cancel my weekly UK Lottery playing. I counted up how much I spent last month so if I save the money I could afford an exotic holiday. Should have done it years ago and I would have anew van by now.

But you have to remember if your not in you can’t win ?

ive a weekly subscription I started a few months ago. I live in hope I’ll wake up some day with an email saying winner lol

My plans for this year are to strip the business back to a more mangable round

Create a price structure for all services 

price increase for all jobs 

condense my work area

Have a great basis sothat if I were to ever grow the business in the future I could 

Personally

create some savings after spending all that I had over the last 2 years on a wedding and a house

wanted a new van but gonna have to settle for a new car due to starting a family

try and get a better lifestyle and lose some of the weight I gained over the last few years

Back