Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Other Bikers Out There?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Its funny.....the old rival of mods and rockers! Well these days, we all seem to get on. Its the super bike rider that seems to have the problem with other riders. Not saying all, just mine and many other people i know experience. And i know people who ride Rat bikes, choppers and harleys.

I think the difference is that most see the fact that we are all on two wheels, not what you are riding. Weather you like the other style bike or not.

Dont know, just an observation

Makes me laugh how because someone rides something different to your chosen ride, people think there bikes or style of bikes are better than another. There are some great bikes, scooters, choppers out there. The fact that the rider gives a nod, to me is a respect for the other rider. We are all on two wheels, all at the mercy of the other d**ks on the roads.

Many are in clubs and help raise thousands a year for charity.

The other week i took part in the most emotional ride of my life. You might of seen on the news about the poor 16 year old girl killed in hampshire on he 50cc scoot. Knocked off and then the driver left the scene (thankfully caught now)

Anyway, hundreds of local clubs, solo riders came from miles. All riding different bikes, harleys, choppers, scooters, trikes. All there for same reason. To pay respect to Jade Clarke and raise awareness of people on two wheels. We can all mix and did, not one of us are better than the other because we have a fast or expensive bike etc.

If we hit the deck, we will all get hurt

Just find the " I wont nod to them coz they are on a harley or scooter " a bit childish.

Sorry if this offends. Just think life is to short to think that way.

Two wheels should stick together.
yep!! when you put it into context like that then you are bang on..........i'll give 'em the nod from now on................i know when i used to ring'a'ding about on my dt 50 i would of literally p*ssed my pants in excitment if a big thou' rider had give us the nod
i think in my case i just thought it was a pecking order thing cause i'd always see big bikes nodding at each other but blank me and my mates on our 50's. so when i worked my way upto the thou's thought i had been promoted if you will

Its funny.....the old rival of mods and rockers! Well these days, we all seem to get on. Its the super bike rider that seems to have the problem with other riders. Not saying all, just mine and many other people i know experience. And i know people who ride Rat bikes, choppers and harleys. I think the difference is that most see the fact that we are all on two wheels, not what you are riding. Weather you like the other style bike or not.

Dont know, just an observation
Ive owned nothing much but sportsbikes , i still give the lads on scooters a nod and every bike i pass if i can, its no issue too me, we are all on two wheels, lets stick together, so i agree with Richard

Very steady at the moment almost like driving miss daisy when I get out at the moment the bizzies love pulling the 1300 got six points last year pulled by the unmarked police bikes both times didn't expect the points hence why I pulled over they are becoming a pain in the butt and some speed limits on some of the roads are insanely slow when your on the bike feel like your tripping over the cars and as vespawho respect to all two wheelers except meandering cyclists

Like i say i hope that i didn't offend anyone, i was not saying it in that way. Just two wheels stick together and we can all hopefully educate the **** drivers out there.

This was a picture of the memorial ride the other day. You cant see the end, was about 400 riders and about another 150 came from Portsmouth direction.

Two lads on 50cc scoots rode from portsmouth because they wanted to pay respect. Because of the roads they had to go on to get to Ringwood, a few big bikes rode with them all the way at a max 30mph, just to keep the lads safe.

It took them a total of 7 hours that day. This to me was what biking is about, all looking out for each other. Stopping if you can to help another biker. Something that the scooter scene are really good at.

My daughter on her 50cc vespa, came, she hates riding in the rain having fallen off once. We all felt two wheels should stick together.

I'm not posting this to say we are all great for doing this or wanting a pat on the back.

Just that it was very emotional and shows what we can do if we stick together.

View attachment 1429

Done a few runs like that vespawho great days out egg runs to hospitals memorial runs great team spirit highly recommended

They are good rides, got a big easter egg ride to poole hospital on monday, always good.

The Isle of wight scooter rally ride out is the most impressive one, anything from 3000 to 5000 scooters!

But the memorial ride the other day was a tear jerker. And it was the fact it was a mix of all sorts of bikes which made it.

Anyway, lift the mood!!!

As much as i love the look of the sports bikes.....I would **** my pants doing 170mph even on a drag strip!! so fair play......just dont ask if i fancy a ride on the back, I'll stip to my 75mph top speed lol

motorbikes are to dangerous.. to many **** drivers out their that dont check their blindspots... and its easy to have motorbikes in the blindspot !

id rather have a nice lil fast car then a motorbike lol

motorbikes are to dangerous.. to many **** drivers out their that dont check their blindspots... and its easy to have motorbikes in the blindspot !
id rather have a nice lil fast car then a motorbike lol
both equally dangerous if things get out of control take a trip upto hart side cafe in the car h not too far from you see bad examples of both modes of transport even the waggon drivers get excited

It's at a place called Alston we go up from Penrith side its above the a66 on a road called the a686 you would probably travel from Durham to Carlisle on the a689 to Alston then follow the cars and bikes heading for the cafe get lots of cars and bikes up there from Teesside Middlesbrough and surrounding areas

whats hart side cafe ?

It's at a place called Alston we go up from Penrith side its above the a66 on a road called the a686 you would probably travel from Durham to Carlisle on the a689 to Alston then follow the cars and bikes heading for the cafe get lots of cars and bikes up there from Teesside Middlesbrough and surrounding areas
ive been a few times on my bike, i go over to darlington then barnard castle then middleston in teesdale then alston,
the road between middleston in teesdale and alston is a great road you do up the side of the valley then over the top down into alston.

h your right about it been dangerous been on a sports bike or any really BUT THERE IS NO GREATER FEELING..........ive had fast cars any there nothink like my bike

The links here www.transportcafe.co.uk/hartsidetop.html highest cafe in Britain about 1940 feet above sea level you need a warm day to venture up there though its cold in the height of summer met a few lads from teesdale at Darlington once good crack

+1 for hartside, i do pateley bridge/grassington/leyburn more nowadays the roads are quieter and narrower so i tend to ride slower nowadays, i used to treat the road from gisburn upto hawes like a race track!!! i look back now and think "what a d*ck i was" you live and learn and get older and realise you dont have to thrash the living **** out of them to have fun, well not all the time lol

i prefer to go on camping trips now rather than blasts

just started mine up today after being blizzarded on/gear freezin up, came home and thought i would have a tinker, gotta love the sound of a big twin,

vesp' them conditions look 'orrible in that photo.....credit to ya. i reckon it would have had me blubbing like a baby for the reasons you all got together, i bet their family were when seeing how you lads came together

It was a horrible day weather wise, i was soaked! And yes plenty of tears, but also a really quite calmness about it all. I really hope that i never have to do one again. What got me was her dad had stood in the rain at the entrance to the carpark and clapped and thanked everyone as we arrived. How he did that i dont know.

Keir...i think you are right as you grow up you see the danger a bit more, dont take such risks. Better to have a blast and get back home!

Camping trips are great, big downside to the vespa.....takes so bloody long to get anywhere! lol

I like the Gilera fuoco 500 twin wheel thing!.....its not normal i know, just like it coz it looks quirky. One day i hope!!

I would love a motorbike, I am with H on this, too many people that can't drive, I never trust anyone on the road but myself!

For me to ride a bike would be nigh on impossible, I have used a push bike all my life until two years ago when I passed driving test.

Now thing is I would more then likely get confused with the brakes and clutch on a motorbike, I would confuse both them handles for brakes!

Lol I cycled for years and didn't get confused, takes about 30 seconds and you know where it all is lol.

It's not that dangerous if

1) you have decent and proper gear and a helmet that fits

2) you ride 100% of the time with the attitude "I'm invisible"

Back