Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any other tin foil hat wearers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Calling someone a simpleton would be likely to entail a follow up visit to the dentist  anywhere I've ever lived. I'd be interested to hear what alternative reaction was expected? Totally unnecessary.
I personally wouldn't resort to that behaviour unless it was absolutely necessary, given what the potential repercussions could be with striking someone in the head. Maybe I've just got more control over myself than to behave like an animal ? 

I personally wouldn't resort to that behaviour unless it was absolutely necessary, given what the potential repercussions could be with striking someone in the head. Maybe I've just got more control over myself than to behave like an animal ? 
You've demonstrated your level of self control very well on the forum. Thank you.

I would though, be interested to witness your insulting behaviour when not behind a keyboard.

You've demonstrated your level of self control very well on the forum. Thank you.

I would though, be interested to witness your insulting behaviour when not behind a keyboard.
You're equating engaging in physical violence to calling someone a simpleton? Let's not forget the bloke was spreading nonsense lies about a disease that's killing many thousands of people per week. Untold amounts of misery is being caused to the families of the deceased and the healthcare workers dealing with the ill. I don't take people trying to downplay that misery and suffering lightly.

There's a big difference in giving out your own opinions as gospel and actually listening to what people with genuine expertise are saying. Nobody in their right mind can think the covid death statistics are wrong by up to 50% as has been said by a simpleton in a previous post. 
And who are these experts you're going on about?

Let's not forget the bloke was spreading nonsense lies about a disease that's killing many thousands of people per week.
Pease stop misquoting me to justify your foul language and utter contempt for anyone that dares have a different opinion to yours.

I said,  personally I don't believe the figures are as high but as I couldn't prove it didn't mean I had to believe them. Now if this is spreading nonsense please explain how as. I stated a personal opinion and acknowledged I couldn't prove it was true.

Now obviously you disagree and have every right to do so and I wouldn't insult you for your opinion. You state this pandemic as if it's something like the Spanish Flu. Yes every death is a tragedy but the average age of the poor people that have died is over 82 which is over the average life expectancy of people living in the UK.

Pease stop misquoting me to justify your foul language and utter contempt for anyone that dares have a different opinion to yours.

I said,  personally I don't believe the figures are as high but as I couldn't prove it didn't mean I had to believe them. Now if this is spreading nonsense please explain how as. I stated a personal opinion and acknowledged I couldn't prove it was true.

Now obviously you disagree and have every right to do so and I wouldn't insult you for your opinion. You state this pandemic as if it's something like the Spanish Flu. Yes every death is a tragedy but the average age of the poor people that have died is over 82 which is over the average life expectancy of people living in the UK.
You're claiming that somehow over 50,000 people have had their death mislabeled as covid. You're treating the experts that have trained for years in diagnosing disease and death with contempt. I do agree that the majority of people that die with the disease are of an advanced age, however the admissions to ICU show it isn't only those people that develop serious illness. 

I'm finished with this now, I don't wish you any ill health and yes I probably was harsh with my usage of words earlier so I apologise for that. 

_116402530_roxby_01_v7-nc.png

And who are these experts you're going on about?
Well here's an example, a guy earlier was claiming masks don't work and sent me some random, unverifiable, conspiracy theory video as proof. I reply with this link which contains the CDC's reasoning for recommending mask use within the community along with 45 studies studies backing that up. I'm a window cleaner, I don't claim to be anything else but at least I get my information from actual verified sources and not some crank online. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

There were over 40,000 non covid excess deaths in peoples homes.  To say that all the 100,000+ excess deaths were down to covid is not factual.  The truth will never come out but the figures have been exaggerated.

A nurse customer of mine who works on a major coronavirus department said earlier this week that they're not telling the full truth when they're telling you these figures.  He said many of the patients have underlying health problems and many would die of something else anyway.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2021/01/12/more-than-40000-extra-deaths-at-home-in-england-and-wales-since-pandemic-began/

Personally I've said it before, I think there are more people dieing as a result of the lockdown due to being thrown to the back of the queue for other causes.  I think the article below is where you need to look to explain most of the excess deaths.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/covid-calamitous-impact-nhs-care-waiting-list-england-4-5-million-830064

Well here's an example, a guy earlier was claiming masks don't work and sent me some random, unverifiable, conspiracy theory video as proof. I reply with this link which contains the CDC's reasoning for recommending mask use within the community along with 45 studies studies backing that up. I'm a window cleaner, I don't claim to be anything else but at least I get my information from actual verified sources and not some crank online. 

Did you actually watch the video? It's quotes from all your 'experts' on the evidence around the effectiveness of masks pre July.  

You're claiming that somehow over 50,000 people have had their death mislabeled as covid. You're treating the experts that have trained for years in diagnosing disease and death with contempt. I do agree that the majority of people that die with the disease are of an advanced age, however the admissions to ICU show it isn't only those people that develop serious illness. 

I'm finished with this now, I don't wish you any ill health and yes I probably was harsh with my usage of words earlier so I apologise for that. 

View attachment 23386
That looks like a fairly typical year. Do you have a twenty year average for comparison?

What's your thoughts on the Great Barrington Declaration? There's a huge weight of very learned professionals that have signed that document. I'd take their credentials over Whitty, Van Tam and Valance all day long. For every expert you can find I can give you half a dozen equally qualified that'll say the opposite.

As for there being no additional mortality caused by the lockdowns, I don't know where the quote came from but, "no country has ever made its citizens healthier by making them poorer". 

We were told that the vaccine would return us to normal. The vulnerable groups have been vaccinated but more obstacles are being announced to keep prolonging the nonsense. This time next year when we're still under restrictions will you smell a rat then? How long is enough, one year, two years, five years?

Theres already talk about a booster jab needed to supplement the vaccine as it doesn't work to be rolled out in October. The new normal is an ongoing vaccination program.

Health passports for work and travel. Nigel Farage put a video up yesterday detailing Boris is pushing through new Police powers to have access to everyone's medical details.

Not much is debated by the MPs anymore, Boris and his team have the power to push through what they want thanks to the Covid Act.

Now we have to go into a hotel after returning from holiday at a cost of £1700 for ten nights and a 10k fine for lying about where you come from and ten years in prison.

And people wonder why some of us are questioning this and how we have lost our freedom...

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your thoughts on the Great Barrington Declaration? There's a huge weight of very learned professionals that have signed that document. I'd take their credentials over Whitty, Van Tam and Valance all day long. For every expert you can find I can give you half a dozen equally qualified that'll say the opposite.

As for there being no additional mortality caused by the lockdowns, I don't know where the quote came from but, "no country has ever made its citizens healthier by making them poorer". 

We were told that the vaccine would return us to normal. The vulnerable groups have been vaccinated but more obstacles are being announced to keep prolonging the nonsense. This time next year when we're still under restrictions will you smell a rat then? How long is enough, one year, two years, five years?
The GBD has been debunked countless times now because it's idealistic nonsense. Why hasn't it been implemented anywhere on earth? If you'd rather trust the cranks that signed that shite over the actual experts directing policy then you crack on but those of us with half decent judgement won't be following your lead. In terms of finding more experts than me to back up your point well you couldn't really could you because if you look around the world pretty much every country is either in a lockdown or has been in a lockdown. That would suggest the scientific consensus definitely doesn't agree with you unfortunately. 

A quote isn't going to be enough to prove lockdown is causing excess mortality. The data shows covid deaths aligning closely with total excess mortality. 

The vulnerable groups definitely haven't been vaccinated yet so god knows where you're getting that one from. We haven't even completed the top priority groups yet, never mind the lower priority groups. Remember you need two doses for full protection. 

Restrictions will be lifted once the pressure on hospitals is lower and vaccines are widely rolled out. Why would there be a "rat" as you say? Who does it benefit to keep the country in a perpetual shutdown? Literally nobody, and don't start with conspiracy shite please. 

Did you actually watch the video? It's quotes from all your 'experts' on the evidence around the effectiveness of masks pre July.  
It's a random YouTube video mate. Here's a decent article explaining the change in messaging around masks - https://www.wired.com/story/how-masks-went-from-dont-wear-to-must-have/ - basically the more we learned about the virus, the more it became clear masks would help. Add to that the point that's been said thousands of times now that early on governments didn't want the public competing with them for PPE. I don't get why you're so passionately against mask wearing, it really baffles me that you find it so intrusive wearing a mask for what 20 minutes in a shop? I've never once felt "controlled" whilst wearing a mask, maybe because those claiming that are talking nonsense? 

I don't get why you put so much weight behind outdated science yet you're willing to completely ignore all of the up to date research on masks which says they work? If you think there's some form of insidious conspiracy behind it all then I think it's pointless carrying on this conversation because you've made your mind up. 

Yeah I'm a window cleaner, why else would I be on here? Just coincidence that I've only commented on those topics, I rarely see a need to comment on the mundane window cleaning discussions. 

Why haven't you commented on Part Timer threatening me with physical violence if I continue to "insult" him? 
Because we get all kinds of people popping up on here, also members usually chip and help out other members where they can without question as a good many get valuable help and advice which is how this forum continues to exist and thrive. unfortunately some don't return the kindness. 

He didn't threaten you, he said you might get more than a slapped wrist if you continued to insult him, that could mean anything as he likes meeting strange men in car parks it could mean a tickle. 

images.png

Lack of control calling a complete stranger a simpleton a moron and an animal when you don't know the first thing about him, very civilised and grown up of you. 

Things have being said and have moved on, so we shall draw a line under it. 

Where is your cost benefit analysis for not implementing measures and not locking down when the NHS was on the brink of being overwhelmed? Have you forgotten what was happening before Christmas? Cases were doubling each week for **** sake. Do you really think NHS capacity just goes on forever and ever?

There seems to be a delusion amongst you lot thinking the choice is restrictions v normality when in reality the choice is restrictions v uncontrolled pandemic. We've already seen the effect tier 1 and 2 restrictions had on the new variant, it swept through unhindered, the lesser restrictions were useless. In that case would you just sit around and allow healthcare capacity to be overwhelmed? 
Why do the Government not produce the cost benefit analysis.....they are running this thing. And if they have not produced or do not have one they are criminally inept. And the government already had a strategy of what to do if there was a pandemic drawn up and did not use it and instead followed the strategy of a Chinese communist dictatorship. Remember the cabinet was selected of for their pro brexit views not their fantastic ability!!!. The likes of Hancock and the others are career politicions who are not up to it. Bad management can ruin a business....bad cabinet can ruin the Country.

Latest Posts

Back