Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any people changed their mind

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thank you for your replies, I took abit of time to have a think and called some family for a whine . I decided at the least to post the leaflets and then play it by ear knowing I'd made contact and could always say I'd re considered if I decided to stop again. On my way round I ended up speaking to 3 or 4 of the next 10 customers I went too and all of them were happy to see me and encouraging me to be out working also saw another windy who has been out the whole time everyone was positive.  I have just put it down to really poor timing and bad luck. Iv made a start with the windows now and am pleased Iv been out and met a few of my customers on the way round .
personally ive just carried on as normal from the start of this lockdown.....ive took each job as it comes...if they want to skip or suspend my services for now thats been fine too but ive only had a handful in the last 5 weeks and even picked up 8 new jobs(3 of them add ons and 5 regular jobs)....

It's been a consistently clear msg from Gov - can you work safely? If so please do carry on and save us having to give you a pay out - the money we save on you can go to another biz which it's impossible to carry on.

I know we all want to do the right thing - but safely working - taking all the precautions - unless you or your custy wishes not to - is the right thing! Not personal opinion but the direct guidance from Gov.

No one should feel bad about following  it - just  take a little time and read what's on the Gov's website re working...it will give you the confidence to ….keep calm and carry on

image.png

I'm still out of action, car with a busted gearbox isn't helping matters. Can't find another set of wheels until lockie goes away so i'm stuffered.

I think i'm gonna empty the tank in the garage soon, got about 220L in it that's been sat there for weeks now. Black garage door, sunlight heating it all up in there.. The water smells ok but i'n not sure it's worth the chance.

Ash 87

Sorry to hear about the ambulance one. Probably best leave that one for now. If you are posting letters stating you’re back and explaining your policy about social distancing/no face to face/no coffee/no cash etc make sure you clearly state your contact details, when you intend to clean, and for them to contact you if they don’t wish you to carry on, and give them a couple of days notice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back