Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any tradders wear gloves?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

2b81e1c1313f719296c639c5881ba93f.jpg

I use these gloves from selco. Waterproof, thin and keep your hands warm

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Have you got a link for them tobyswindowcleaning

No I haven't unfortunately, my mum works in selco and she got them for me the other week. Been a god send this weeks! Once they're gone, they're gone

Think these are the same ones they look pretty good might order a pair before my hands fall off

Years ago I worked in real cold environments.

The practice is to plunge your hands into a bucket of ice and water for as long as you can tollerate first thing in the morning.

Once you can stand no more take them out. The blood rushes to the hands and almost 'super heats' them and keeps them that way the rest of the day.

Another of my top tips for you is fill a cooler box with hot water in the morning. Keep the lid on and the water will stay hot into the afternoon. Perfect shape for fitting an applicator in and you can't beat tradding with hot. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have never used gloves. I once was cleaning a window in near zero tempeature, when I noticed blood on the sill. I had cut my hand and never felt it with the cold.

Anyone wear gloves when cleaning trad? Today was the first time I really felt the cold this Autumn/winter. Is there any glove out there that is water proof and thin enough that you can still work?

Hi Sean

Here some one already said about The blue vinyl dispossal gloves.

But i do use those with white cotton gloves inside.

I get two benefits

Warmer hands and vinyl gloves last much longer even all day long.[emoji3]

The practice is to plunge your hands into a bucket of ice and water for as long as you can tollerate first thing in the morning.

Once you can stand no more take them out. The blood rushes to the hands and almost 'super heats' them and keeps them that way the rest of the day.

Another of my top tips for you is fill a cooler box with hot water in the morning. Keep the lid on and the water will stay hot into the afternoon. Perfect shape for fitting an applicator in and you can't beat tradding with hot. /emoticons/biggrin.png
I'm usually cheeky and ask custys for a kettle of boiling water to top up the bucket, 99% of the time they offer me a brew as well!

I'm usually cheeky and ask custys for a kettle of boiling water to top up the bucket, 99% of the time they offer me a brew as well!

I've been using a spray bottle of daves magic mix solution instead of a bucket the last week

No cold hands or cracked skin

Dirty frames/sills get a quick squirt and wipe

Anyone wear gloves when cleaning trad? Today was the first time I really felt the cold this Autumn/winter. Is there any glove out there that is water proof and thin enough that you can still work?

I've found two that I alternate between depending on just how cold it is.

Sealskinz stretchdry and POW (snowboarding ones). The Seals are more flexible and have good grip but anything less than 2 degrees and they're more or less useless (doesn't help I have poor circulation to be fair). The POW are awesome and super warm but you lose some of the 'feel' on the handle or pole.

Pic of both below.

View attachment 8962

Back