Anyone done inside of conny roof before?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Jake, Jul 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

If so did you wagtail it?

Glass roof, not plastic

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Mop and blade off step ladders.

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Might be what I do, but was thinking of using a Vikan easy shine kit...

4. Steven

Steven Member

It depends how many awkward angles there are and how dirty it is.

The last time I cleaned the inside of a conservatory roof, it was a huge one and part of a restaurant.

I just used the correct size applicator + squeegee and poled it.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

suggest you get one of these short tele poles by Anza [ sold in BnQ } These are a perfect fit for a wagtail and the exact correct length for inside conservatories anza 001.jpg anza 002.jpg

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I've got an Unger telescopic pole that I reckon is about that size when not extended boarcity

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Get an unger 0° swiveloc so you can squeegee any angle on a pole
    Cover the floor where you are working with some towels and jobs a good un
    Just be carefull dripping dirty water on porous painted walls as it stains

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I do a few, try and get in and out every time if I can. I get up there cos I always do frames as well (magic sponge best for that), trad it when I can OR karcher window vac if too much electrical stuff etc or just feel like it. I always cover everything but better safe than sorry.

Yep people knock the karcher I used to but absolutely great bit of kit but only for this job anything else they're ****.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

how i do inside roofs is i usually have 2 of my lads paired up. one is soaping up about 2 roof panels at a go with a 14 inch scrubber ,the other lad follows quickly behind with a squeezed out 14 inch scrubber with a clean scrim draped over it .

10. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Karcher vac ain't bad, but the rubber seems to hold alot more dirt more than a normal squeegee as it has a doubled rubber. Be prepared to buff a fair bit afterwards as due to the heft of the machine its not always easy to get to the edges of the glass, but it does keep the area dry. I also have the vikan easy shine kit, which is ok, but stuggles a little if the windows are filthy, get alot of pads, the thicker unger indoor pad is better for that. The thin vikan microfibre cloths that come with the kit are awesome though and bring up a real shine! If its got a tiled floor and you can trad it I reckon that might be quicker I reckon, if its carpeted or not too filthy then karcher/vikan have worked fine for me, they did struggle on a few dirty veluxs though, but they were very high up so it was difficult to get enough pressure to scrub them at that height.

Advertisement