Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua adaptor unscrewing itself

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Shaun,

Do you have a Mk2 or Mk3?

It's something we're aware of (working to solve), and is included in the "tips" on the fitting instructions:

If you find that the Aqua-dapter™ becomes loose on the screw thread, this is usually when you have a metal end screw. To prevent it coming loose, wind ordinary plastic electrical tape around the thread. 1 or 2 winds should be sufficient.Some people have tried using PTFE tape, but this is too soft to prevent loosening.

Another alternative for a semi-permanent fixing is Low Strength Thread Lock available from shops like Maplin, and online. Some customers report that it works well, although it does make removing the Aqua-dapter™ from the pole more difficult.
I also know that some have used Gorilla Glue as an alternative to Threadlock.

Hope this helps.

Paul

yep got the same thing on my gardiners clx 22, aqua adaptor keeps on unscrewing itself,and its a mark3? bugger.
Hi super mck,

The situation should be improved with the Mk3, the female thread was modified slightly to improve the bite. A few users have still reported it loosening, which is why we still include those suggestions in the instructions.

Have you tried any of those, electrical tape, threadlock, gorilla glue?

Paul

I had this on my mk2 drove me made ended up using loads of ptf tape which helped

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Latest Posts

Back