Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are times really that tough right now ??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The Bren was alot of fun aswell. Let's swap the barrel boys it's starting to curve 
I hated picking up all the spent cartridges afterwards ?

The range declaration was always fun after.

"I have no live rounds, empty cartridges or pyrotechnics in my possession sir"

Shermuly (big flares) in my bergen for fireworks night?

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all, hope you are all keeping well.

As the title quotes " Are times really tough right now" 

After spending 2 mins flicking through the dreaded Facebook marketplace with a broad country search I have noticed there is absolutely stacks of Water fed pole window cleaning equipment for sale.

Some old tatty formally cheap but now overpriced rubbish for sale, lots of new failed starter kit and some second hand full on van mounted systems.

I was under the impression that times were good for the window cleaner and it doesn't make sense why there's so much equipment for sale, Really quite odd.

If you are starting out i suggest you have a quick search, you may find a gem in the rough.

View attachment 22361
times are defo good for us older,established window cleaners for sure but starting out is hard...........and keeping your round serviced and up to date never ends.......on the other hand it could just be a successful window cleaner upgrading to a  GRIPPATANK 9KW HOT SYSTEM......?

I hated picking up all the spent cartridges afterwards ?

The range declaration was always fun after.

"I have no live rounds, empty cartridges or pyrotechnics in my possession sir"

Shermuly (big flares) in my bergen for fireworks night?
I have no squeegees van mount systems or parts there of in my possession Sir. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all, hope you are all keeping well.

As the title quotes " Are times really tough right now" 

After spending 2 mins flicking through the dreaded Facebook marketplace with a broad country search I have noticed there is absolutely stacks of Water fed pole window cleaning equipment for sale.

Some old tatty formally cheap but now overpriced rubbish for sale, lots of new failed starter kit and some second hand full on van mounted systems.

I was under the impression that times were good for the window cleaner and it doesn't make sense why there's so much equipment for sale, Really quite odd.

If you are starting out i suggest you have a quick search, you may find a gem in the rough.

View attachment 22361
Went to the mechanic the other day to leave the car with him for repairs. He said his friend round the corner had a tank for sale so took me to see it.

Sure enough there was a bloody great tank there, no idea of capacity... but with it was two poles, two bottles (presumably resin?), large hose reel, two spring controllers, two shurflos..

The CLX-18 was buggered. Literally so far gone it wouldn't extend. Only bit on it that was salvageable was the scraper. The brush was dead too. The X-Treme caught my eye.. asked if i could open it up, did so and it was completely fubar. Not a good section left on it. Literally had to tighten the clamps right up for a couple of sections to still slide down...

The two shurflo's he'd broken while removing it from the van (then claiming he could extract the busted john guest threaded nuts from the female threads - that being the case why hasn't he already done so? Also couldn't see the pumps run and they looked old.

Hoses looked absolutely knackered - along with the hose reel.

The two bottles.. no idea about. Tank looked like a PITA to fit into any van and all the john guest pipework was knackered. The only two bits that looked visibly okay were the two spring controllers.

For that lot he wanted £200 but said it was already sold to someone collecting at 6pm - but he wanted to give the the "chance" to buy it before him. I walked. Genuine tat being sold at an over priced amount by an ex playground dinner money theif.

Back