Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Average membrane lifespan GPD450

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Is your tds meter reading accurately?

I don't know what else to think of unless @doug atkinsonhas any ideas.
Yes I have two meters both reading the same, 

I know it's not impossible but the likely hood of all three membranes being faulty and and reading the same is very slim. 

My son read on another forum that it's best to change the flow restrictor when changing membranes can only think that is the cause?

I bought them from link below as I know a couple of other cleaners that get theirs from there and recommended them.

https://www.wrekinwatersofteners.co.uk/wrekinwatersofteners/final.asp?id=838

will wait for new flow restrictor to turn up to see if that helps.

The company above is a drop ship company with a guy sat at home taking in orders and making very little money on the items. Have had a look at his price and I cannot compete at that price and we stock these items here.

What I see happening a lot is websites and main suppliers as well, advertising Axeon membranes and I know for a fact they do not purchase them. You then purchase them and a alternative is sent or copy as all they are doing is drawing traffic to their site.

There is one company I keep an eye on and have never been in the window cleaning industry. They do Purchase these products but are selling them at a big loss then you start seeing cheaper products appearing on their website and targeting the window cleaning industry.

Genuine companies like us that spend thousands of pounds in stock and the main dealer of these products knows what is going on but is not willing to do anything about it. This then makes it hard for us to carry on stocking these parts which is a shame as they are very good quality.

You will need to sort this direct with Wrekin and they should know straight away what is wrong. If you wish me to check the serial numbers on the membrane feel free to message me.

The company above is a drop ship company with a guy sat at home taking in orders and making very little money on the items. Have had a look at his price and I cannot compete at that price and we stock these items here.

What I see happening a lot is websites and main suppliers as well, advertising Axeon membranes and I know for a fact they do not purchase them. You then purchase them and a alternative is sent or copy as all they are doing is drawing traffic to their site.

There is one company I keep an eye on and have never been in the window cleaning industry. They do Purchase these products but are selling them at a big loss then you start seeing cheaper products appearing on their website and targeting the window cleaning industry.

Genuine companies like us that spend thousands of pounds in stock and the main dealer of these products knows what is going on but is not willing to do anything about it. This then makes it hard for us to carry on stocking these parts which is a shame as they are very good quality.

You will need to sort this direct with Wrekin and they should know straight away what is wrong. If you wish me to check the serial numbers on the membrane feel free to message me.

This is why I say; only buy from recognised, honest, wfp suppliers.

This is why I say; only buy from recognised, honest, wfp suppliers.
Yes couldn't agree more just about everything I have bought is by recommendation, including this company from a couple of others that's why I ordered them for there. 

Thank you Doug, in hindsight I probably should have order from yourself but thought I would give these a try as they were recommended by a couple of other cleaners I know and both have used them in the past,  on the packaging it states

TF-1812-150 AXEON MEMBRANE 150GPD 

IM producing water ATM but will take a membrane out this week and post serial. 

I do have one question even if these were copies, and lower end membranes should they not be producing better  Tds than I'm getting 021

also would U/S a flow restrictor cause these problems.

thanks 

Den.

Thank you Doug, in hindsight I probably should have order from yourself but thought I would give these a try as they were recommended by a couple of other cleaners I know and both have used them in the past,  on the packaging it states

TF-1812-150 AXEON MEMBRANE 150GPD 

IM producing water ATM but will take a membrane out this week and post serial. 

I do have one question even if these were copies, and lower end membranes should they not be producing better  Tds than I'm getting 021

also would U/S a flow restrictor cause these problems.

thanks 

Den.

When we build and test systems we get around 97% rejection with tap pressure of 30 psi.

When flushing it normally takes an hour to get it down to 96% and then will settle down after a couple of days to 97% and with increased pressure 98%.

You will get the odd membrane read slightly higher than the others before it settles down but I would have expected yours to have settled by now.

Let's say the product is genuine what could be affecting the ppm. It could be the pre-filters wrong micron and restricting pressure to the membrane so try for about 5 mins without them and see if it improves.

Faulty flow restrictor which you can check if you have a flush valve (in line tap). Remove the flow restrictor and use your valve to create the back pressure. Set the flow to around 60 waste 40 pure and see if the ppm drops after a while.

If it does not then the membranes may be suspect which you will need to discuss with your supplier. 

When we build and test systems we get around 97% rejection with tap pressure of 30 psi.

When flushing it normally takes an hour to get it down to 96% and then will settle down after a couple of days to 97% and with increased pressure 98%.

You will get the odd membrane read slightly higher than the others before it settles down but I would have expected yours to have settled by now.

Let's say the product is genuine what could be affecting the ppm. It could be the pre-filters wrong micron and restricting pressure to the membrane so try for about 5 mins without them and see if it improves.

Faulty flow restrictor which you can check if you have a flush valve (in line tap). Remove the flow restrictor and use your valve to create the back pressure. Set the flow to around 60 waste 40 pure and see if the ppm drops after a while.

If it does not then the membranes may be suspect which you will need to discuss with your supplier. 
Great info will check the flow restrictor tomorrow as I’m out till late tonight,  really do appreciate all your input especially as I didn’t buy them from you, one thing for sure it’s quite clear you are very helpful and will definitely have my business in future.

many thanks again Den.

Got my new flow restrictor today still the same when in production mode tds 035

When set to 3l waste 1l pure 021

psi 69

load of ****

put old 2.5 year old original membranes back in ( my son had the foresight to put them in a bowl of water) I fought they were thrown.

production mode tds 014

set 2l waste to 1l pure 009 

spoke to Wrekin water they are being returned tomorrow said they 100% axeon buys direct from them and sells 100’s and never had a return.

im not going to say what discussions  I had with them but Their technical support said I will get a full refund, so I will be happy to get money back.

have taken photos of the three membranes serial numbers.

Doug I’m going to hammer these membranes just to see how much I can get out of them and then buy from you In the near future ?

Doug again I also put a new fiberdyne and prefilter in again this week as you suggested even though the last change was approx 3 weeks ago.

never going to stray from reputable And honest WFP suppliers again lesson learned. 

So thank to to all for your help.

He will not be buying direct from Axeon but through their Distributor in Europe or US.

i get the odd failure but very small percentage 1 in probably 10,000 so 3 in a row is odd.

It’s good they have accepted them back as they will get their money back as well.

After this week you'll be back on it again ?
Tell me about it 4 new clients today alone that’s without three new cleans and my regular work,, in the lazy spa at 8.00pm only got out for a quick slash and refill lol not getting out now until bedtime haha.

Tell me about it 4 new clients today alone that’s without three new cleans and my regular work,, in the lazy spa at 8.00pm only got out for a quick slash and refill lol not getting out now until bedtime haha.
Maybe the price you are quoting is too low. ?

Back