Belts/pouches/bags.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Bingo, Nov 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Been looking about for a belt, bag/pouch, BOAB etc.
    The WinSpray looks like a good belt, but can you fit other makes of pouches, bags etc on the belt as the WinSpray is wider than other belts.
    Some of these bags look huge, do they hinder/get in the way while working?

What does everyone use/prefer.........do I need a pouch AND a bag?
    Would a BOAB be better than just a holster for squeegy's......(BOAB looks a bit clumsy to me, but what do I know :wacko:).

I don't want to end up looking like that guy in the Unger advert for the 'Ergo Tec Belt System' thingy :D :D :D .

Advertisement
  2. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I'm not long started, I have a ettiore boab,unger pouch holds scrim and microfibre, scraper, mobile, I have a ted Hardy belt this all fits onto,oh the pouch has a loop at the bottom I hang my 6 inch squeegee through it

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Unger belt, grey ergotec bag, standard green bag and boab. All Unger and well handy!

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I got an old belt and put on my own clasps, made my own pockets out of old denim and lined both with waterproofing (old nightclub banner lol). Also made a holster for my litre bottle. Works for me and added bonus I can make em exact size I like.

6. ljgwindows

ljgwindows Newcomer

i have had the winspray pouch and belt for the last 4 years very good the belts last 6 months and the pouch 1 year if you use it every day like it did

7. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I wear these scruffs trousers when I work - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scruffs-Trade-Trousers-Graphite-Cordura-Work-Pants-NEW-/170669932547?pt=UK_Men_s_Trousers&var=470034026464&hash=item27bcb88003&_uhb=1 - and I just put an unger microfibre in my right pocket and an unger sill cloth microfibre in the other, clip on an ettore BOAB and away I go, that's it. Nice and simple. Used to use all the pouches and etc etc but have managed to cut it all back and this is all I need now..

8. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Cheers guys.

With all these things hanging off a belt, does anyone find that they get in the way while working....or do you just get used to it.
    I think I'd feel a bit clumsy with so much attached to me working in confined spaces :huh: .

9. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

You get used to it :)

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Don't know about anyone else but I got a lot on mine, boab, soab, holster for litre bottle and 2 pouches but they at side and back so no not clumsy at all. Kips got it goin on though.

Advertisement