Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best add on alongside wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just looking for some views on the best add on for a wfp round, opinions please on gutter vac or pressure washing, I understand that the gutter vac maybe better for the winter months & pressure washing for spring/ summer, but.. what am I likely to get extra work with the most
both quite big investments, so would like some views please?

Without knowing your area it’s hard to say but I’ve always looked to add on either those jobs the customer can’t or doesn’t want to do or those I repeatedly get asked about. The easiest thing would be gutters, cladding, facias etc as you already have the kit to do it. I always keep an eye out for dirty garage doors which tend to get overlooked and casually mention it to the customer and more often than not I get an extra £10 for the 5-10 mins it takes to wash it down. Just be observant when out working and play to your strengths.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The vac you are considering has got a 38mm hose, that will clog up quite quickly with full gutters, go for 51mm.

Check out the gutter cleaning forum here, there’s loads of information on machines.

Thanks Moor, I’ve changed my mind on that machine, if they can’t be bothered to reply to any of my numerous emails...they don’t deserve my dollar!

im now looking at a Karcher model, but again hose & inlet will need alterations, but yes I’ll check out the Gutter forum, thanks!

Thanks Moor, I’ve changed my mind on that machine, if they can’t be bothered to reply to any of my numerous emails...they don’t deserve my dollar!

im now looking at a Karcher model, but again hose & inlet will need alterations, but yes I’ll check out the Gutter forum, thanks!

Sounds very similar to the company I got mine from, it’s not that hard to respond to potential customers!

There’s a thread I did in the gutter forum about the system I got, good machine, stunningly awful company that supplied it, seems to be the standard unfortunately.

Yea, we are talking over a grand, two questions asked re.. if poles were 100% Carbon fibre, and to confirm the machine had the air flow stated, I suppose trivial questions like that don’t need answering, not to worry!

i shall now search for your thread, have a read.

Moor.. I know the company, I can tell by the pimped vac, yes they are bad to deal with, won some carbon poles on eBay from them, won them cheap cheap cheap, guess what..when they didn’t turn up on time I opened a not received case on eBay, had choice of refund or still want item, yes I ticked still want item... oh yes..they refunded me, why? Because I won them so cheap, no chance were they gonna honour that purchase, absolute wasters despite their new look website, ya can’t polish a turd!

Moor.. I know the company, I can tell by the pimped vac, yes they are bad to deal with, won some carbon poles on eBay from them, won them cheap cheap cheap, guess what..when they didn’t turn up on time I opened a not received case on eBay, had choice of refund or still want item, yes I ticked still want item... oh yes..they refunded me, why? Because I won them so cheap, no chance were they gonna honour that purchase, absolute wasters despite their new look website, ya can’t polish a turd!

Sounds his style, he should be wearing spurs and Stetson! 

I have a wheelie bin cleaning service that i do alongside my windows, work the same way , do the bins on the day there emptied, far better than powerwashing which i find a chore lol

Personally I wouldn’t shell out anymore cash than you need to if you’re just getting going. Knock doors, update social media and do a good job. Establish yourself in one area and concentrate on getting a good reputation. You can look at gutter cleaning (a great little sideline) after.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks donny & Parky, loving that logo parky, cool!

Personally I wouldn’t shell out anymore cash than you need to if you’re just getting going. Knock doors, update social media and do a good job. Establish yourself in one area and concentrate on getting a good reputation. You can look at gutter cleaning (a great little sideline) after.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Re conservatories, what are the main tools required, I’ve seen so many vids of propper con ladders/pressure washers etc being used, just wondering what technique others use, those ladders don’t come cheap?

Re conservatories, what are the main tools required, I’ve seen so many vids of propper con ladders/pressure washers etc being used, just wondering what technique others use, those ladders don’t come cheap?
Chem of choice (ubik, no nonsense degreaser etc) diluted 10:1, cheap sprayer, wfp. Wet roof, spray chems, agitate with brush, leave 5-10 mins then rinse and go over any missed bits. Do 2-3 panels at a time and don't let chems dry. Easy as that

Chem of choice (ubik, no nonsense degreaser etc) diluted 10:1, cheap sprayer, wfp. Wet roof, spray chems, agitate with brush, leave 5-10 mins then rinse and go over any missed bits. Do 2-3 panels at a time and don't let chems dry. Easy as that
That’s great clisty, what ladders do you use, do you need to get up close & personal for the top fancy pieces or can these be reached from regular step ladders without conny ladders, just wonder why some choose to get on the roof & do...what seems a up close thorough job.

So can I get away with not purchasing those pricey ladders & still achieve a proper job?

That’s great clisty, what ladders do you use, do you need to get up close & personal for the top fancy pieces or can these be reached from regular step ladders without conny ladders, just wonder why some choose to get on the roof & do...what seems a up close thorough job.

So can I get away with not purchasing those pricey ladders & still achieve a proper job?
You can get it from floor with wfp, I do use a single 2m A frame if it is a larger Conny roof, the chems do 99% of the work, @Green Pro Clean Ltd did a video about it a while back, only difference is he uses a pump to distribute chemicals.

You can get it from floor with wfp, I do use a single 2m A frame if it is a larger Conny roof, the chems do 99% of the work, @Green Pro Clean Ltd did a video about it a while back, only difference is he uses a pump to distribute chemicals.

Question answered! Thanks Clisty, appreciate the advice, not as much involved as I previously thought, thanks mate ?

Back