Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Brush for Snail Trails

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mx19

Hi all!

After having snail trails on pretty much every window I cleaned today I'm thinking I need to do some research into other brushes!! I'm currently using the Ultimate medium soft mixed brush from Gardiner but can't help but think they do a better one! 

Any tips or preferences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Hi all!

After having snail trails on pretty much every window I cleaned today I'm thinking I need to do some research into other brushes!! I'm currently using the Ultimate medium soft mixed brush from Gardiner but can't help but think they do a better one! 

Any tips or preferences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Max

That's harsh, I had them on 3 windows on 1 job yesterday and it probably added 5 minutes and tonnes of elbow grease  to the job, would be a nightmare if every job was like that.  

I found that if I quickly go over it, then do another window and come back to it, it makes it a little easier, but only a little bit easier it still takes a lot of passes with the brush and moving the brush in circles clockwise anticlockwise side to side up and and down diagonally top left to bottom right top right to bottom left like a madman with anger issues with a piece of glass and a brush with water   :delusional:

If they are on the downstairs windows and accessible, I rub over the trail with a magic sponge in the left hand and its gone is seconds then one pass with the wpf and move on. Had about a dozen of them to do today. If upstairs, as Part Timer said really although I am investing in a bronze wool pad next week, the one that will attach to the other side of the gooseneck. 

Thanks a lot everyone! I have been using the scraper pads from gardiner in my hand on the lower windows... I guess i'll stick with that! Thanks again!!

These snail trails have been a pain and I think this is the result of a mild winter last  year, and a damp summer this year.

I suppose we could do with a cold snap to get rid of the blighters. 

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Thus to conquer; think like a snail. BE the snail! 

So... go slow, I guess??

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Thus to conquer; think like a snail. BE the snail! 

So... go slow, I guess??
I thought that by removing the shell off my racing snail it would make it faster.

It just made it more sluggish ?

Latest Posts

Back