Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best ladders for WFP guys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i dont think standing at the side of that conservatory in the picture would be suitable thanks for the advice ill take a look at the ladders you sugested ?
I am 5ft and could easily manage that with my 22ft Xtreme I do a few similar and they are easy, only the odd one I need to add an extension

5521_EWH3617_IMG_07_0000_max_656x437.jpg
hello everyone what are the best ladders for wfp guys when you have a big conservatory in the way like this one? what size/number of steps on a stepladder should i get and would a multi purpose ladder be best to keep in the van or just a stepladder? thanks very much for any answers you may have
I didn't go WFP to use ladders I did get a telescopic set at first but now ditched I'd rather get rid of the job it's given me room to put a battery powered pressure washer on the van for first cleans.

I have a 25 and it reaches everything I do even veluxes.
lucky you i need to use some sort of steps on to clean above that conservatory as there is no access on one side it has a huge apex that comes to the very bottom of the upper windows if you include the finials and is about 3m x 3m.  That is great that you can reach veluxes with a 25 I haven't had the pleasure of doing any veluxes yet although most flip round so you could say they are only included with a internal clean.

lucky you i need to use some sort of steps on to clean above that conservatory as there is no access on one side it has a huge apex that comes to the very bottom of the upper windows if you include the finials and is about 3m x 3m.  That is great that you can reach veluxes with a 25 I haven't had the pleasure of doing any veluxes yet although most flip round so you could say they are only included with a internal clean.

You can fit a swivel at the top of your pole so the brush can move about. 

I didn't go WFP to use ladders I did get a telescopic set at first but now ditched I'd rather get rid of the job it's given me room to put a battery powered pressure washer on the van for first cleans.
i was thinking of buying a gardiners doodlebug for first cleans as i already have a super scraper and the pads for it but i think the super scrapers a bit pants

You can fit a swivel at the top of your pole so the brush can move about. 
already got the swivel and i like it ?

For first cleans there is no better way than to get up on a ladder and use a 150mm Unger scraper and just trad it. Its a breeze after that. I could clean that window from the patio doors but a swivel would make it easier.

Are you the you tuber trad man by any chance

No, only been going 2yrs window cleaning. Last year I bought a hotwater wfp system and dived in. Upset some customers when I used a contaminated brush so reverted back to trad. Now I just do both but mainly wfp. I like trading first cleans so I can use a scraper and get up close to see what they are like. I'm expensive and I still get new customers but I usually do a good job. I have a fire service pension so I'm in a good position and also a joiner. 

No, only been going 2yrs window cleaning. Last year I bought a hotwater wfp system and dived in. Upset some customers when I used a contaminated brush so reverted back to trad. Now I just do both but mainly wfp. I like trading first cleans so I can use a scraper and get up close to see what they are like. I'm expensive and I still get new customers but I usually do a good job. I have a fire service pension so I'm in a good position and also a joiner. 
there is nothing better than getting up close to the glass so you know you've done a great job. my dad taught me window cleaning years ago but i couldn't stand working with him. So i went back to the day job but after years of doing **** jobs and wanting to work for myself i find myself window cleaning my only regret is not doing it sooner. 

there is nothing better than getting up close to the glass so you know you've done a great job. my dad taught me window cleaning years ago but i couldn't stand working with him. So i went back to the day job but after years of doing **** jobs and wanting to work for myself i find myself window cleaning my only regret is not doing it sooner. 

We all say the same but wfp is just in its infancy so all the knowledge is out there. Just read the old posts on the forum and it will all come together. Your first 2yrs will be all spend, spend and spend but after that the money comes in, that's what I have found out. fwiw

Back