Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best UPVC Cleaning Fluid Recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LXW

Hi All - any recommendations on the best UPVC cleaning fluid for builders cleans - i.e removing paint/cement/mortar stains?

Really appreciate the help as always.

TY

google wurth type 10 solvent cleaner, its far far better than what the window fitters use but you have to be carefull with it, you have to be quick to remove the stains and only use outside never indoors, it will remove 99% of marks use a scrim or white paper towel to apply. i remember a product called cement off which i've heard i good, i think @Dave Bhas used it although i could be wrong on that?.

google wurth type 10 solvent cleaner, its far far better than what the window fitters use but you have to be carefull with it, you have to be quick to remove the stains and only use outside never indoors, it will remove 99% of marks use a scrim or white paper towel to apply. i remember a product called cement off which i've heard i good, i think @Dave Bhas used it although i could be wrong on that?.
I've used it.. it's easy to use as well.

Spray on..wait..wipe off.

Hi All - any recommendations on the best UPVC cleaning fluid for builders cleans - i.e removing paint/cement/mortar stains?

TY
It having a load of chemicals is useless unless you know how to use each and everyone correctly 

I turn down builders cleans, waste of time and reputation 

When you use a solvent cleaner, does it make the pvc look like new for long?  Like when you use pink stuff or something like that the effects are instant but it very quickly starts picking up dirt like it did before as the surface just hasn't got that new pvc shine.  Does a solvent pvc cleaner have a longer lasting effect?

When you use a solvent cleaner, does it make the pvc look like new for long?  Like when you use pink stuff or something like that the effects are instant but it very quickly starts picking up dirt like it did before as the surface just hasn't got that new pvc shine.  Does a solvent pvc cleaner have a longer lasting effect?
PVC is affected and aged via UV light from the sun and heat. Depending on it's orientation towards the sun

It's not worth trying to offer a restoration service as time spent won't make you a Fortune 

It sort  of dissolves the surface of the plastic removing anything that has stained or is stuck to it it’s ideal for  removing sticky labels , and generally ingrained dirt , it will obviously get dirty again but with road grime not stuff that causes staining , get some and try a bit think it costs  around £3-5 for 1 ltr bottle 

It sort  of dissolves the surface of the plastic removing anything that has stained or is stuck to it it’s ideal for  removing sticky labels , and generally ingrained dirt , it will obviously get dirty again but with road grime not stuff that causes staining , get some and try a bit think it costs  around £3-5 for 1 ltr bottle 
I've got some but never used it, was just wondering whether it restores the plastic back to like new and whether it kept that way.  I got a tin 2 years ago but have never bothered using it.  Probably give it a whirl when the weather warms up a touch.

PVC is affected and aged via UV light from the sun and heat. Depending on it's orientation towards the sun

It's not worth trying to offer a restoration service as time spent won't make you a Fortune 
actually its not, when formulated, pvcu will have the correct amount of titanium dioxide in relation to our position on the hemisphere,

long gone are the days of premier pink- maybe @steve garwoodwould remember them.

everything post the 90's is stable and does not degrade or age from sunlight or uv a,b,or c.

TY
Taking the job on means they might try and blame you for scratches. More hassle involved with the little money one makes. I don't do them. ?

actually its not, when formulated, pvcu will have the correct amount of titanium dioxide in relation to our position on the hemisphere,

long gone are the days of premier pink- maybe @steve garwoodwould remember them.

everything post the 90's is stable and does not degrade or age from sunlight or uv a,b,or c.
I always thought they used zinc oxide as well as it keeps it white.

They don’t call modern cladding etc UPVC anymore because of the way it’s now made.

The modern stuff is called PVCU and is far more stable against sunlight etc.

Don’t ask me why, I’ve been out that game for 28 years and things move so fast nowadays ?

Back