Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best winter gloves??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Skytec Argon  gloves fully dipped durable and fully waterproof I do wear some Ski Glove Liners  with them as my hands get cold real fast and these are smooth so the outer glove can easily be removed as needed without pulling the lining out of the Skytec glove, I also have some cheap Aldi workwear gloves which ain't durable but are warm and also some Site Siberian Gloves they are good for the price but not durable and wear between the fore-finger and thumb and fingers all the Site branded gloves have basically ripped of other brands but the large fitting gloves which I bought last year are snug on my little hands so not sure if they have altered the sizing this year

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been using a pair of Showa 282 for the past week. It’s early days but I’m really happy with them so far

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Bought a pair for £15 from ebay and I was pleasantly surprised. Waterproof and fur inside them, ideal for WFP and Vac which I will be using tomorrow with the camera, will let you know how I get on. :1f609:

On 02/11/2018 at 07:02, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

I like these. Lasted 2 seasons so far. £20 from screwfix. Look and are bulky but deceptive as still give sensitive touch for fiddly things. 

Just bought a pair of these

On 02/11/2018 at 07:02, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

I like these. Lasted 2 seasons so far. £20 from screwfix. Look and are bulky but deceptive as still give sensitive touch for fiddly things. 

ARe they fully waterproof? 

They are water proof. All day I’ve been running my hand through the brush when you get bits & leaves stuck to it. Hands stayed completely dry 

They keep your hands dry but get very cold when wet.
I used them last winter.
As the dog ate one I'm going to try done others this year

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

skytek aworka,      around £5  £10    ebay
They don't exist ? Skytec Argon Xtra these are a fully dipped glove so fully waterproof , not the warmest for me , but a glove liner sorts that out but I do suffer from nerve damage so hands get cold fast typically, I was working in the rain on Tuesday and the wind chill made it feel like -1 but hands were warm and dry 

Last edited by a moderator:
Results of my one day test are...........
Skytec argon - garbage!!
Site Siberian - garbage!!!
The Skytec gloves leak after half a days pole work (see picture).
My fingers were ice cold after 40 minutes of wearing the Site version.
5f3ae38f645e9e09446149aec13b72f0.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've been using the usual disposable inspection gloves up until now. Minus 2 when I started this morning and ended up getting chilblains on the first job. Sat for a good 10 minutes defrosting my fingers on the van heater. I've got some skytec argons to try. It's getting warmer for a bit though so probably won't use them just yet.

Back