Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best winter gloves??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Results of my one day test are...........
Skytec argon - garbage!!
Site Siberian - garbage!!!
The Skytec gloves leak after half a days pole work (see picture).
My fingers were ice cold after 40 minutes of wearing the Site version.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Surprises me this. I’m still on a pair of Argons from last year.

Apparanly Showa are bringing out the first ever pair of 100% waterproof breathable gloves ?

I’ve been using the Showa 282 for over a month now, can’t rate them highly enough.
Get a pair, you won’t be disappointed
I’ve got the showa 377 pair.

Been using  them for quite a while.

Really like them, and although not breathable, my hands don’t get sweaty with these unlike marigolds 

Results of my one day test are...........
Skytec argon - garbage!!
Site Siberian - garbage!!!
The Skytec gloves leak after half a days pole work (see picture).
My fingers were ice cold after 40 minutes of wearing the Site version.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
You want the ones pictured below I've had mine 2 years now so going into their 3rd winter, they are a lot more durable than the standard argon gloves but you will need a ski glove liner like the ones below they are nice and smooth so don't pull the lining out of the outer glove 

skytec_argon_xtra_plain_1.png

Berghaus.jpg

My Mrs wants to buy a heater for the freeking shed. I kid you not.
Careful Tuffers, she's probably planning to send you to sleep in there if you p1ss her off mind ?

I use the Argon Extra ones, got a pair of the standard Argon ones too but i've never actually worn them. I throw them over the heater between jobs. They do get soaked when I ring out my cloth though, not ideal! Better than getting chilblains though.

I’ve been using the Showa 282 for over a month now, can’t rate them highly enough.
Get a pair, you won’t be disappointed

Just like to thank Oli for recommending Showa 282 gloves. I bought a pair from ebay for £15 and started using them last week. They keep your hands warm, don't leak and one can trad with them on. Well worth the money and will not be wearing anything else this winter. :1f609:

I bought some the other day and my son used his today. He really liked them and didn't have a problem using the clamps or connecting pole hose. Fully waterproof and fairly warm. Don't know how durable they are though. If you can wait 6 months will give you an update ?
Where did you get them from? 

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back