Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bucket or trolley: which is better for a shop run? (& why)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cool, thanks for posting. That's a long applicator!  Does the fact that you can't soak the whole applicator affect how effective it is?

Is there anything you would like to do to improve upon your trolley setup?

Thanks Daniel
Yeah applicator 36 inch, I have a sponge in bucket that I use to soak it in the centre and just dip both ends in as per usual.

I deeper bucket would be nice and improve on the wheels. It has served me so well these last few years though and has proved well worth the outlay.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah applicator 36 inch, I have a sponge in bucket that I use to soak it in the centre and just dip both ends in as per usual.

I deeper bucket would be nice and improve on the wheels. It has served me so well these last few years though and has proved well worth the outlay.

May I ask how much the outlay was?

In your opinion, Does the 36' applicator save you alot of time compared to an 18'?

Are you always on the lookout for better trolley solution, or are you content with the one you have?

May I ask how much the outlay was?
In your opinion, Does the 36' applicator save you alot of time compared to an 18'?

Are you always on the lookout for better trolley solution, or are you content with the one you have?
Ooh I had to order it from the states at the time so got battered on the shipping. About 100 quid at the time for the actual quadropod and bucket itself and shipping was about 50 quid which was not fun. 
The 36 inch was and is the best thing I have ever bought for the type of big commercial panes of glass I do. I can give more competitive prices and do the job 3 times quicker than most others. Less strain on the back too. You have to watch that bit more closely for burn out on rubber though.

Takes some time to get used to it and I do carry a 14 inch around aswell for small panes but I could never go back to the standard 18 inch... Would feel tiny.

To be honest I'm always on the look out for any new equipment that can make work more efficient and make life easier for me.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry I am late to respond.

I think you said it best, every window cleaner I have ever spoken to always says they are looking for easier and better ways to do the job.

If you had a wishlist of things that would make your cart setup better, what would it be? ie; you mentioned having a deeper bucket

PS: this question goes out to everyone on this post.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments, I've been away for a while, sorry for not posting sooner.

I know that back injuries are one thing that I've had to watch out for in my time window cleaning

It inspires me down a path to create a product that would reduce long-term back injuries for Window Cleaners, especially those doing store runs.

At present, I'm researching the idea to see if it's marketable

I'm reaching out to see if anyone can help me with my research. The link has more information http://www.lp1.smclean.me

Cheers

Hey Nude,

Right now the focus is on defining whether certain problems actually exist within the window cleaning industry and whether people want those problems to be solved right now!

You would be surprised how many window cleaners adapt to certain problems, don't think something is a problem or simply don't care to solve it.

This, in turn, affects whether someone is willing to pay real hard cash for a product or not. 

It would be easy for me to post pictures and descriptions of the product, have everyone give feedback and say how great they think it is, I spend the time and money to mass produce it,  and then no one buys it

Also depending on these answers and level of interest, the product could change dramatically. 

Finally, the ideas have yet to be patent protected, so we don't want to risk exposure to our ideas that could be copied 

So this is why I guess you could say I'm being vague. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bingo,

Everything I mentioned in my opening comment is true. 

My idea has stemmed from my own problems I faced window cleaning, this is what lead me down this path to innovate.

I wanted to find out if other people share the same views and issues as I do.

Has my post caused offence?

Thanks, Daniel, 

Appreciate the well wishes. Was my answer to forthcoming?

No, it turns out that your sole purpose of joining this Forum was to gain info from members to manufacture a product for your own financial gain, which wasn't mentioned in your original post.....hence all the question you've asking since

I've already given you an example of what I use to alleviate lower back problems....It's not rocket science to make a trolley with a pivoting bucket .

Bingo,

Nope, it's not rocket science.  if I have caused you or anyone any offence, Sorry,  none was meant.

I am hoping to bring a new product to market. Will it make me money, yes. Will it also be a useful tool that other window cleaners can benefit from, yes.

This is the first time I am attempting to commercialize an idea, and believe me when I tell you, its dam hard! 

You read some things, talk to some people and try it out. If it doesn't work one way, you try another way... that's all I can hope to do

cheers

Back