Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cant get any work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Depends on size of windows but would say 8 to 10 pound. Hi I'm martin i am with cleanforce we r in the area offering window conservatory and gutter cleaning. I was wondering if you are interested in any of these services. Usually with a leaflet in my hand 

Yeah simon we have before and looking at it again. We did use a mag called on your doorstep but it is quite expensive and only just paid for the ad 
Bit long winded i feel, you have about 5 seconds to make an impression before the potential custy makes they're mind up. Also you need to ooze confidence, and most importantly, smile! Dress for work (I usually wear my work belt with trad tools in, reassures people I'm not a beer token windy). Once you get a "how much" then your in. Ask to see round back, and whilst walking round make small talk, build a rapport. Then give the price, if you get a good rapport they'll 9\10 times say yes then book in for within 3 days. From the how much to the yes takes me between 2&20 mins, depends on how chatty I can get them. Even had a couple of brews whilst quoting before (cold, wet horrible days)

Depends on size of windows but would say 8 to 10 pound. Hi I'm martin i am with cleanforce we r in the area offering window conservatory and gutter cleaning. I was wondering if you are interested in any of these services. Usually with a leaflet in my hand

Pricing seems ok,

but all i say is

Hi sorry to bother you, we are starting a window cleaning round and wondering if you would be intersted?

you might be saying to mush and the people switch off, as they think you are a sales man

I,m the same as Daveyboy,chap the door ,short and sweet relaxed just ask if they are interested in getting there windows cleaned.If they are interested you give them more details, if not hayho  of you go another house.

If the windows are gleaming jump to next house.It is only going to be embarrassing for couple of minutes,once you get out that gate never see them again.I had great idea lastnight had this thought of canvassing this housing estate thirty miles away.There must of been 1000 houses anyway,my thought was all these houses even if I could get five it would be a winner.Before I went googled the area there was a window cleaner present with full website,oh no I though,t I would still get inwas my thoughts Went up lastnight 6pm ideal time.Had gd look around chapped 6 houses five covered with one possibe lof graft.There was loads of clean windows also,actually I had two maybe"s.I had gd walk around turned into this street haho there was the window cleaners van all parked up .The same van what I found on the web.Must say totally ****** off.

when you guys are out canvassing what s your target to earn per hour

this is so different throught out the country

Martin one thing I would change in your speech at the door is " we are in the area". It could make you sound like a fly by night outfit to some. Better to say something like Hi I'm the local window cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Not trying to teach anyone how to suck eggs but my door pitch is:

Hi .....my name's..........

How are you........

I'm extending my window cleaning round into your Road and I'm enquiring whether you'd like your windows cleaned on a regular basis .

Short and sweet ,let's people know you're already established.

Cheers Stephohank

Could be pricing issue....different areas different prices...or perceived prices.

3 bed semi in London different price to same size in Nottingham, different to same size in Alfreton. Same amount of windows,same amount of effort/time to do the job, but different prices.

Could be pricing issue....different areas different prices...or perceived prices.3 bed semi in London different price to same size in Nottingham, different to same size in Alfreton. Same amount of windows,same amount of effort/time to do the job, but different prices.
Yeah, my nan lives up north and her window cleaner does her windows twice a month £3.50 each time, WFP. Granted she only has like 6 windows but still.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I live a few mile outside Durham and charge a £5.00 minimum, but their is plenty doing windows cheaper same pricing structure as around 20 years ago
emoji33.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My Brother lives in Brandon, they're quite cheap round there as well  :1f61e:

prices do vary from area to area,its more supply and demand and how much the customers will pay.

if you took an average three bed semi then down south it could be 15-20 quid,

in scotland it could well be 7-8 quid,

middle of the uk maybe 12-15 quid,

london 20-25 plus.

martin cleanforce

there is something very wrong if you can't find any new work,(what happened to the old work?)

(i do come across as being a grumpy old git but i'm yorkshire so say it as it is)

i know the mods may well give me a rollicking over this but theres a facebook group called yorkshire window cleaners

on there they sell rounds or offer jobs that are too far from there rounds-that could be worth looking at mate.

i honestly think mate you need to look at the overall business plan because if your struggling for work at this time of year something is very wrong,i'm yorkshire too,turned my answerphone off a month ago because of the enquireys,i have a few enquireys on my e-mails from last week i need to get back too,

post your leaflet on here and lets help you getting more customers mate,were are here to help-you might not like some answers but we will help

The problem is when you have customers paying 3.50 then there not an advertisement for your business, if they tell there friends about the price then they going to expect to pay the same. When it comes to add on services there going to expect to pay next to nothing as well..

Just had a similar kind of person on the phone looking for there windows cleaned, they want me to come and clean them for next to nothing.. Anyway gave them my price and they have not called me back and I am happy about that.

There are a lot people who are used to paying very low rates and the best thing to do is leave them alone, let them find cheap labour.

If its not working out its not the end of the world just get a job for someone else or look to clean something else.. 

About 4 years ago I had a call from a woman that "needed" her windows cleaning because "they were covered in birds  :1f4a9: I said it would be £10 if it was going to be a regular job that î could do if î was on  my local schedule. If it was a one off I would charge £20, she then kicked off accusing me of ripping her off. When she calmed down I asked what she paid a carpet cleaner to clean her front room, she said £25, I told her it would take me longer to do her windows and my equipment cost me more money she put the phone down. 

Back