Canvassing and getting in the customers

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by AshleyW, May 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AshleyW

AshleyW ATN Window cleaning

Been canvassing the last 2-3 weeks and had 4 customers how long does it normally take to start bringing up a good round ? I don't know if I am doing anything wrong when out, I hit one town at a time and get it all done in a day roughly. Is it better to knock on each door as you go along or come back in a few days ? Any tips would be great as am a newbie to window cleaning Tia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. AshleyW

I was also going to ask what's the best way people have found to promote their business I have 10000 leaflets and a Facebook page but that's even going a little slow thanks

3. Reach N Shine (Kent)

I personally knock on doors as I go and just start with 'hello, would you be interested in having a window cleaner' the main 3 responses you will get is. 1) no thank you, 2) already have a window cleaner. 3) actually yes (very rare). You can normally tell from the first 3 seconds if you can sell your company as the person on the door will pause and think, that's you key to ask 'how many windows have you got at the rear and I can give you a quick quote' people don't want to hear your life story. If no one answers the door they get a flyer. I find the best time to knock is 10am - 2pm and 4pm - 7pm. Good luck

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

4. AshleyW

Thanks that sounds a better way think I'll just start knocking instead of leaflet dropping atleast I know the leaflets are working all the local window cleaners are speaking about me anyways thanks mate

5. Reach N Shine (Kent)

I have a friend who started his business about 2 weeks before me and I have only been going 5 weeks on my own, he relies on a young lad leaflet dropping for him and his Facebook page. I actually get out and speak to people, I have a round hitting £700 a month and growing, my friend isn't even half that. You will only get out what you put in. Get out there and speak to people

6. AshleyW

Cheers reach and shine I've started just knocking on doors instead of posting the leaflets got me another two customers today, I'm normally out all day from 9 till 6 leaflet dropping if I have no Windows to clean and knocking on doors was better till one of the doors I knocked on was a trad window cleaner I laughed he got annoyed lol. Anyways thanks for the help

7. Reach N Shine (Kent)

He was only annoyed because he had no work hence why he was home

8. Max

Max Member

By far the best for me has been knocking on doors, but I am trying a new method next week. Leaflet drop first offering half price third clean when they respond to flyer within 7 days, then knock on doors that have been targeted with the flyer around 5-7 days later. by doing the flyer first I want to see whether the idea of having their windows cleaned sits in their mind and produces a better response when I door knock as they have been gently introduced to my name and my service. We shall see.

9. AshleyW

Let me know how it goes max I was gonna start doing this when I leaflet drop small towns I was just gonna go back and knock but I didn't think it would get anywhere

10. AshleyW

I think so was still in his dressing gown and his windows were filthy oh well I was expecting it to happen sooner or later

Advertisement