Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carpet Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ashbys make the machines to order so you say what spec you want and they build it. You can go and watch them do it. But they will always upgrade the machine for you later when you get a bit more money so you can get a fairly basic model to start. You can discuss all these option with them.
They are only a small family firm in Dartford, East London. I have been there a few times. I used to buy window cleaning gear off them years ago.
i wonder how many people have tried this machine

i wonder how many people have tried this machine
Their Ninja is their most popular model and uses all the same pumps and things. In fact no matter whatever make you buy they all use the same pumps etc inside. Its like the chemicals I believe, they all have their own names and labels but they don't produce them, its somebody else's with a different label on.
This is a business that attracts a lot of new startups from people with their redundancy money who then can't hack it. So lots of machines of all makes end up on ebay. If you can run a window cleaning business you are probably already experienced in getting work and dealing with customers. Try and find somebody's nearly new machine for half the price.

I prefer alltec mate,used lots of them over the years.although I'm half hour from head office and good service on machines and great courses.avoid cheap steam cleaners.

Portable alltec machines great for window cleaners,got one 18 months ago and done £600 last week so took pressure out of window cleaning.I've over 350 odd domestic customers and a school that do windows on and still haven't let them all know I got one.managed to get carpets on school,£500 two days easy work,nice 1 bruvver.

Today I cleaned my purples carpet at home using a hot bowl of ecover/water mix and it was quicker than the handheld steam cleaner and certainly made the carpet more colour full, although It didn't give the fluff back like the steam cleaner does.

I understand this is no competition for proper equipment, just though someone might find it helpful if their equipment goes down or something.

Anyway, I found this....is it what I'm/ neil is looking for??

http://bit.ly/WvcmvJ

Im going to buy a new one mate I'm going for the steam pro max . Heard some good things about it plus the main office is in chessington not far from me /emoticons/smile.png

Just make sure its a hot water extraction system that leaves carpets as dry as possible.

Get altec ot prochem and your never look back.

Altec is that the name of the machine mate? Ive got my course booked up for 5th and 6th feb with prochem im looking forward to it

might have spelt it wrong but yes mate,I've used both and preferred them and I live only 45 minutes away to get it serviced.the thing with prochem no counter coz you need things changing and I've had prochem pack up on me when I used erm on firms alltec do great coursed,I've done a few and goes down well with customers.

That spec machine in your link is what I used 20 odd years ago and is probably nearly as old

Todays pro type extractor machines use twin or triple lamb motors to maximise cfm and water lift so to help with drying times. Pumps are generaly much larger too as you can get them anything from 100 - upto 1200 variable psi for all types of surface cleaning now.

From my understanding todays chems like micro splitter are used insted of detergents by a lot of carpet cleaners now so to get a better understanding of the process methods used today this vid might help

How things have changed :rolleyes:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vdwgrguugcThat

Today I cleaned my purples carpet at home using a hot bowl of ecover/water mix and it was quicker than the handheld steam cleaner and certainly made the carpet more colour full' date=' although It didn't give the fluff back like the steam cleaner does. I understand this is no competition for proper equipment, just though someone might find it helpful if their equipment goes down or something. Anyway, I found this....is it what I'm/ neil is looking for?? http://bit.ly/WvcmvJ

might have spelt it wrong but yes mate,I've used both and preferred them and I live only 45 minutes away to get it serviced.the thing with prochem no counter coz you need things changing and I've had prochem pack up on me when I used erm on firms alltec do great coursed,I've done a few and goes down well with customers.
where you from ady?

Buying the right hardware even good used kit from the likes of ebay can still cost thousands to get set up properly.

There seems also plenty of **** being sold on the likes of ebay so be careful what you bid on.

Good luck :rolleyes:

Varies on size and how dirty.standard living room for about £60 odd quid.you have to be carful you don't go to low as every time you fire up machine it's costing.I go in roughly £50 and hour but don't include set up.some firms round my way charge more.if you got customers send them letters mate and I guarantee you'll get some.it all depends on number of factors Neil.

Got caught out on pub one,but I've earnt £300-£400 in day ,try to book carpet cleaning when raining to keep money rolling in,just need bigger van as have reach n wash in a combo!!! Any questions or help mate happy to help.

Thanks mate, I'm in the process of getting my van sign writing changed so i can put carpet cleaning on there do you think i should have that on my van ? I will definately tell my my window customers that i am carpet cleaning as well (when i have done my training) it will mostly be for end of tenancy carpet cleaning as i do end of tenancy cleaning for a company at the mo , they want me to do the carpets now as well .

Brilliant mate you done well.I'd stick it on van,good thing is compared to just carpet cleaning firms you can go bit cheaper as we've got the windows as they seem to pressure sell.one firm round my way has a minimum £120 spend!!!!

Got website done but still got to do sign writing.if your do empty houses you can knock them out in know time.if really filthy may take longer,try alltec ultimate master,stick it in machine and use it as pre spray then rinse up,emulsifies in carpet then suck it up,lovely!!!!

Back