Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Microlite standoff

K

kahoona

Just arrived today, £50 off ebay (incl p&p) , looks a good bit of kit, can't wait to try it out tomorrow :)

That's a good deal for a microlite mate. You won't regret it. Are you using it for gutter work or just a regular stand off?

cheers guys, Tolish I have a gutter job to do, but will keep on the van day to day, as i have a few houses on my round where this will come in handy.

sorry guys I should clarify its a used one, not band new, I have given it a good look over and all looks good.

just out of interest i'm thinking using it to give me safer reach to corners of window frames, as at the moment I'm struggling to reach these when positioning the ladder tops central just under the sill, I end up going up twice, once from each side, and sod all that putting the ladder top on the sill and reaching out from there :thumbsdown:

View attachment 2727

a quick question, I was looking at getting a foot the ladder or ladder spurs, the foot looks good but I'm not sure how well it would cope with a swing to the side, spurs look much better for this, but then I'm not sure how good they would be to prevent ladder sliding out from under you, any one have any thoughts on this?

just out of interest i'm thinking using it to give me safer reach to corners of window frames, as at the moment I'm struggling to reach these when positioning the ladder tops central just under the sill, I end up going up twice, once from each side, and sod all that putting the ladder top on the sill and reaching out from there :thumbsdown:
View attachment 4604
Yeah stuff like this, you will wander how you managed or why you managed without it before.

I would put it three rungs down so when the wheels are just below the sill you still have three rungs to go so reaching those two top corners will be easier and you will feel safe as houses :thumbsup: But squeeging the middle window might get awkward whilst finishing off, but i reckon the ladder will still be far enough away from the glass

No I don't, I was a bit concerned about them chivving up those pressed concrete drives and getting complaints, so was looking for alternative anti slip devices.

Just arrived today, £50 off ebay (incl p&p) , looks a good bit of kit, can't wait to try it out tomorrow /emoticons/smile.png
good gear mate :thumbsup:

spikes dont dig in to concrete , mine dont even leave a mark on decking- i absolutely swear by spikes . on greasey decking the spikes locate perfectly in the groove between the boards [as long as the boards are laid parallel to the house ]

i always place my ladders ON the sill ,have never had a problem doing it that way

This was the sort of surface (lethal when wet) i'm worried about causing damage to e.g. chips scratches etc?

DSC02725_000.JPG

spikes sit perfectly in the grooves on that sort of surface . iv used spikes for about 3 yrs now , including icy days on a surface such as above . they dont chip the surface because the spike edge is not razor sharp

View attachment 2728

I have a large rubber footer that hasn't let me down yet but I have heard they can also be lethal on a wet surface. When the grass is wet I use them in conjunction with a pair of metal decking anti slip gizmos that I tread into the grass. This also stops ladder marks on softish lawns. If I was worried about a wet patio or concrete I might use a piece of old carpet under the footer, that seems to work pretty well, the pain is carrying everything and the footers pretty heavy.

that would be good in the wet / ice / snow :eek:

ladderm8 good for this type of thing if ya dont what spikes on ya ladder , but these use dozens of spikes to grip

rubber isnt safe grip in wet as i think boarcity found out falling after a slide

I have used spikes for my 10 years on ladders, wfp now. But i still use my ladders a couple of times a week. I would never go up a set of ladders without spikes,.....never! As boar says on that printed concrete they just sit in the grooves, i have never chipped or damaged that type of concrete and i have a few. The only thing about spikes is in summer they do damage tarmac, so on custys driveways etc i would get them to leave a bit of 4x1 just the width of my ladders if it bothered them.

[quote="boarcity, post: 176306, member: 5300"

I always place my ladders ON the sill ,have never had a problem doing it that way

I took the yellow caps out a few years ago and replaced them with wooden inserts that once wedged in then extend about 6 inch with an angle on, this gives excellent grip on the sills and leaves no damage/aluminium marks on the sills

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock