Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Only Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Hello guys and maybe girls.

Looking at putting a commercial only van on the road to basically clean commercial and high end clients £100 + Houses. We've landed some decent work this year through networking etc so decided to have the commercial work and high end clients on a separate van/round.

I've made a small list of what i think the layout/equipment will be but just wondered if i had missed anything off.

RO System with fast fill with the possibility of a small generator to power booster pump,

1000L tank split into 2x 500L Grippa tank systems. One diesel hot and one cold. 

Barriers and cones (5 - 15) of each.

Barrier tape.

NON electric reels as i feel these could be pointless. The guy will be doing maybe 1 - 4 jobs a day so i think an electric reel will be useless.

Modular Gardiner pole and ultimate pole/extreme pole.

Led Hazard lights on front and rear.

Hi Viz graphics on the rear and possible sides.

High level internal glass cleaning setup. Unger pads, pure water spray system and stingray.

Selection of commercial brush heads. IE various lengths, and spray jets/rinse bars to make the job as easy as possible

Necprotec - For the high work (50ft plus)

I think it will be setup as a two man system but primarily he will be on his own.

Anything i've missed or could be added....

TIA

Don't understand the two tanks, even if you have 2 men working you can have one using hot and one cold. If he's doing big jobs he might need to pull out a full reel and talking from experience reeling in 100 metres once a day is enough. Can you not get a van now where you can plug in so generator, very noisy, wouldn't be needed to run booster pump. 

I would also have an ID badge so they can see their name. Unless you're working in areas where you have a risk of something falling don't see the point in tape.  As long as they properly cone their work area, not putting cone beside the van, then that is adequate. 

Don't understand the two tanks, even if you have 2 men working you can have one using hot and one cold. If he's doing big jobs he might need to pull out a full reel and talking from experience reeling in 100 metres once a day is enough. Can you not get a van now where you can plug in so generator, very noisy, wouldn't be needed to run booster pump. 

I would also have an ID badge so they can see their name. Unless you're working in areas where you have a risk of something falling don't see the point in tape.  As long as they properly cone their work area, not putting cone beside the van, then that is adequate. 

Grippa tank don’t do a 1000L system. It’s made up of two tanks, also it gives me the option to use one for tap water if I wanted. 

Tape is for marking out areas so cars don’t park there so the van or man can work there. 

We do one job where there’s a live lane of traffic on site and we need to use tape around the area we’re working in. 

Got ID if needed but good shout. 

Hi vis vests 

bucket, mop and blade ,scraper , soap 

spares for day to day repairs hose fittings , 

personaly I would have two hot hoses rather than one especially if you are going to be doing longer frequency work and if you have two in the van .

we have a 1000 ltr hot system , but if you are going to have two 500 ltr tanks might be useful to have a connecting tap so you can draw from both if you want and isolate one of you put tap water in it .

we also have a high capacity booster pump fitted by Grippatank when the put the boiler system in booster pump will fill the tank from empty in 2 hours it’s really good , the booster pump is only 375 watts so can be run off a small suitcase type genie like the Honda they are expensive to buy but cheap to run and very quite have a chat to Oliver he will sort it all out to you , we sometimes use mains power and sometimes use a genie to fill when on site , hope this is of use , good luck with the new van 

Perfect thanks for the advice and yes they would be linked together. It’s mainly going to be used a one man setup but with the option of having two. 

Basics like hi biz, spares etc come

standard with the vans I do 

Back