Converting to hot water

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SMC CLEANING, Dec 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to convert my system to hot water as we are now going into January.

Am looking for some advice on how to do this and also what I will need, I have searched the internet but all I get is systems that cost an arm and a leg. I want to do it DIY if possible.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

mr green has covered this- very recently in a lot of detail.search for it on the search bar.

3. TolishAPurd

Do you work in Melbourn mate? I'm sure I saw your van there, 2 of you did a bungalow and a few other houses while I was having a lunch break.

4. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

No mate i don't i'm mainly in Hertfordshire or Essex!! must be someone copying me :))

5. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

It's easy mate will send you a link to my boiler on eBay

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Just buy a water heater (I use a fog wash) some half inch thermidor hose and the red bottle gas.
    Screw heater to the back door, job done. ( there's a picture of mine on the thread titled 'hot water for under a £100'

7. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Hot water won't keep you working unless the system recirculates the water and comes on and off via with a thermostat.
    A lot of people use the cheap shower heaters,but when you finish work and park up for the night if it's sub zero temperatures your system will be frozen in the morning.
    I had a demo of a webasto heater and while it was very good it's very expensive and I found no real need to add hot water.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

That's why many of us put a cheapo £20 oil filled radiator in the van at night to prevent freezing.

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

we might not even get weather cold enough to need it this winter if this weather keeps up

im hoping so because my van heater doesnt work lol

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

lol u insulate ur pipes in van and wrap ur tank in boiler insulation and put heater in van i use a halogen one from pundstrecher

if it falls over it turns of as pressure switch is relased not frozen water in my van

Advertisement