Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

please help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sam walton

Hi lads,

brand new to the business, in fact this is why i'm posting this.

Is there anybody out there in the Newcastle (tyne) area who will let me come out with them for a few days just to learn the ropes (i'm an ex shipyard worker who is sick of being in and out of work) i'm planning on setting up my own business doing commercial work.

If anyone can give me a leg up I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sam Walton.

Im down the road from you i live in Middlesbrough /emoticons/sad.png

I been at it for 4 weeks tomorrow ! I think you should go on yell.com and look at the window cleaners around you... phone a few and explain yourself and a few of them will not mind /emoticons/sad.png

And your planning on your business to do commercial work ?

I would concentrate on domestic work.... get some experience get a good built up round for yourself... then start going for the commercial workyou can go for small commercials jobs such as ....... Cleaning shop fronts. E.G - Conveniance Stores. Takeaways & Taxi offices....

Then in a years time you can start cleaning hopspitals etc /emoticons/biggrin.png

Start from small then go bigger and bigger mate,

Thats what im doing at the moment /emoticons/biggrin.png Im just concentrating on domestic work. I got 34 customers in 27 days ! /emoticons/biggrin.png 1 job is a commercial job and thats a taxi office the rest are houses which are going to be my bread and butter /emoticons/smile.png

When i get over 100 customers then i will be going for the commercial jobs /emoticons/smile.png

Also commercial jobs are not all that to be honest.... most commercials jobs see the window cleaner as a last resort and people have trouble getting them to pay.

You will spend more time chasing them then working !

Go knocking on doors and you will get loads of customers

Get some business cards/flyers printed and post them through a load of doors /emoticons/smile.png

Are you going to be Traditional ? or WFP ?

Thanks for advice Harunh, but I have tried phoning a few companies and they all say the same (we are not insured for non-staff) what i'm really looking for is a one man band who is prepared to take me out on a small scale.

I'm planning on trad to start with, then if it's a success maybe investing in WFP.

dont phone big cleaning companies.... phone someone that just works for his self.... their will be a load of people in Newcastle doing it their selfs with noi staff

Just keep phoninh and u will hit the jackpot soon mate

And that sounds decent /emoticons/smile.png

good luck with it all!

one thing to think about really is it will be hard to start straight into commercial work without and years behind you. not saying it cant be done, just be very hard. a lot of commercial work will require the right paper work and any training. plus if you are working off ladders that will only be good for shop fronts and upto first floor only!

I'm sure somebody from that area would help mate I would hope so anyways, good luck hope all works out for you

Targeting domestic is the first step i believe... once you gain over 100 csutomers then look at the commercial /emoticons/wink.png thats the way i see it /emoticons/tongue.png

Welcome to the forum Sam sorry mate i would help no problems but i live down in Dorset i think it is a bit to far for you

I been at it for 4 weeks tomorrow !
No, you started on the 20th of May didn't you?

-------------------------

Look at the date i posted that mate /emoticons/tongue.png june the 6th lool /emoticons/tongue.png

This thread is old /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png lmaoo

Latest Posts

Back