Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customer letter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Where in the country do they use the word "docket" ? never heard of that before...

Just text her back, "Recieved your letter today, sorry about the docket i forgot to post, however unfortunately i dont accept cheques, if you wish for me to continue cleaning your windows you will need to sign up to go cardless before the next clean date to avoid any further issues. (insert link) Merry xmas"

Mind you depending on my mood when i received the letter i might have just told her to shove her windows and explained to her how much of a coont she is
You serious Lol? Have you not even heard it used in the term a Bookie docket?

She states in the letter she is paying  £5 per clean?  And you're pondering what to do about it?  

Which area is this for £5? 1985? 

If you feel the need to retort I would simply text.  'Thank you for the payment. With immediate effect you will need to make arrangements elsewhere to have your windows cleaned as we are no longer able to provide services to you. Thank you for your past custom. Window cleaner.'

People like her love to feel they can tell the little man what to do.... send her a text dropping her and she will be livid... how dare you, a window cleaner, drop me!  

Moreover she will be we livid when she gets the next quote in at 2017 prices. 

Bin. I had a shop that requested every time l do their window and a door to leave a message stating l was there. All of this for a 5er. And then hard to get paid. I bin them. l do all shops on this street and gives me a pleasure to see their shop being the only dirty shop.

Drop them without a doubt snooty cow..

one thing I have learned quite recently is always send a txt say that they are dropped like part timers, answer, had a customer I dropped approx 4 months ago she kept cancelling  I didn't inform her but I do another 7 in the cul-de-sac, only last she asked if I was doing hers when I missed her house she took it really bad when I told her the reason.

For me it wouldn't even mean a fiver, because as soon as it's banked I'm charged £1.50 handling charge and a 6% fee.

I never leave a docket either. All are texted and most are emailed an invoice, it's up to them to check they're happy with them.

Our rounds are forever changing, it's time to say goodbye to this one

For me it wouldn't even mean a fiver, because as soon as it's banked I'm charged £1.50 handling charge and a 6% fee.

I never leave a docket either. All are texted and most are emailed an invoice, it's up to them to check they're happy with them.

Our rounds are forever changing, it's time to say goodbye to this one

i think you need to change your bank

you get charged 1.50 plus 6% on bank transfers?

I'd write a letter back saying you won't be cleaning in future blah blah blah but leave the stamp off. She'll have to pay a surcharge of a quid or so to Royal Mail if she wants the letter. That'll p155 on her chips ?

FWIW, you and most of the respondents are overreacting, (some because it is only a £5 job admittedly), The relevant facts are you texted and she cancelled in December ,Ok so that’s what happens,

In November, you had forgot to put a "windows cleaned" docket in and she did not know you had been, not many are comfortable paying when this is the case!! She then gives you notice that if you forget again then she can't be held responsible, leaving the docket is your responsibility!!!

She has written a letter saying you have upset her but still paying the requested amount from November which makes you straight, also adding that having the door cleaned is a problem due to speckling, I am presuming you charge her for the door clean and in her opinion she is paying for a service which makes her front door less attractive, don’t think she is being unreasonable here.

If its good work and even at a fiver per job the moneys right, then you should just carry on earning the fiver a month and keep remembering to leave the docket.

FWIW, you and most of the respondents are overreacting, (some because it is only a £5 job admittedly), The relevant facts are you texted and she cancelled in December ,Ok so that’s what happens,

In November, you had forgot to put a "windows cleaned" docket in and she did not know you had been, not many are comfortable paying when this is the case!! She then gives you notice that if you forget again then she can't be held responsible, leaving the docket is your responsibility!!!

She has written a letter saying you have upset her but still paying the requested amount from November which makes you straight, also adding that having the door cleaned is a problem due to speckling, I am presuming you charge her for the door clean and in her opinion she is paying for a service which makes her front door less attractive, don’t think she is being unreasonable here.

If its good work and even at a fiver per job the moneys right, then you should just carry on earning the fiver a month and keep remembering to leave the docket.
You might think it's over reacting, however she cancelled because it was frosty. He sends her a text the night before but if she forgets to pay he has to leave a note saying he's been!!! If he doesn't she won't pay him!! I think even if it's a £10 job, with cancellations etc there are to many hoops to jump through and a customer that isn't worthwhile running after, in my opinion. 

you obviously dont know this women and her attitude ,btw her door is done FOC . Personally I don't have to take that **** off anyone wether its £5 or £50

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AT LEAST YOU GOT PAID FOR NOV.   that was a bonus.    i usually forget if i put a note in    so i go back and put another one in,     ive had one custy say ,  did you clean them 3 times on wednesday..     you left 3 notes in.     hahaha  i say ,  i just forget.      ive actually said , ok my fault      no charge.   start crying. myself.          that is because if someone came to my house and said you owe me window cleaning money,      you think from when,   you dont know when they have been cleaned .  would you yourself be happy paying.     this then makes the trust between custy and windy gone.    But to send you a letter,    telling you off .       Either dump or put an increase of £1.   let her decide then.    hold your head up high.

Theres a few i dont text b4  because i know they will say leave them this month.      if they do it this year again without a reason either holliday etc   im going to dismiss them from my services.

£5 a front only is a good price here.   lets see a pic of the front.

Back