Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deadly effective leaflets!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If anyone here wants a a chunk of work in their local area check out my introduction in a forum I started called 'I am new to forums look what I offer' :)

I have 1 pub at £25 - 1 Photo Studio £10 (2 windows) and the rest is all domestic.
I really avoided commercial like plague as they always want to screw you on the price and then dont want to pay for 90 days.

I will take on commercial work but only on my terms. Payment within 7 days.

Mate of mine is a London plumber, he does all sorts of commercial stuff, puts in a bill for say £400 with a note saying £200 if payed within 14 days.

It never takes him long to get paid, perhaps I should try that.
Iv heard if people doing the same thing with 90 term payments it usually gets payed in time then

is that designed to be a A5 flyer if so i think you will find looking at that latout it wont fit
I have been printing them myself on paper, 2 to a sheet on A4 paper, but I want to get them professionally printed on card, thanks to that man on the vista print advert sayin 'if you get a scrap bit of paper your gona get a scrappy service' im paranoid lol

Now Andy, I'm not beating you up here just stating my point of view. You're currently printing your own on an inkjet at home? That's costing you a fortune in ink and paper as well as time. 10'000 A5 from Vista Print delivered are only £175

You also advertise your canvassing service, £3000 for £1000 of monthly business, seriously?

Up here I can buy established work for 3x cleans would never consider paying 3x for new canvassed work.

My staff also canvass (admittedly they are on hourly rate whilst doing so) during their working day, when they get a customer they need name, phone number and address and they do the first clean there and then and they only get that first clean as a bonus.

I think your rates are rather steep for fresh new custies that have never been done before.

Remember just my opinion.

cheapest i could find 10k a5 full colour was 197 with your own artwork and thats on 300 GSM so pretty thick if its just a leaflet look at 130 gsm silk

I have been printing them myself on paper, 2 to a sheet on A4 paper, but I want to get them professionally printed on card, thanks to that man on the vista print advert sayin 'if you get a scrap bit of paper your gona get a scrappy service' im paranoid lol
I always laugh whenever I see that jockey on the vista ad. Its like hes making out that the mark of a good tradesman is whether he has professionally printed business cards. As if everyone thats ever had a load of business cards made is a pro in there field.lol

green you got the wrong guy i dont print my own thats superclear. I was just saying looking at the way that is spread out on a square sheet cant see how that will fit straite on to a sheet of A5

I have posted this as part of another thread but figured it ought to be here anyway as this is the system I used to build a £60k business in 12 months.This is copied and pasted from the other thread!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

But as a wise man once said ask and you shall receive, now be warned, this has been a closely guarded secret by me for 8 years and using it could seriously improve your income and you attractiveness to the opposite sex (That previous statement excludes Smurf, you might still have a chance with the Blue People of Montana however /emoticons/tongue.png)

Last time I printed 10'000 of these at a cost of £150 - 10'000 may sound like a lot but if you consider an average street around here is 100 houses, you can leaflet 5 streets a day EASY - by day 20 that's directly hit 10'000 targeted customers.

Do not be stingy, hit EVERY HOME, and ask for top dollar in your area too, you will get it. If their windows look clean, give em a leaflet, I have heard many times, oh great I just god rid of the last asshole!

If the sign on the door says no leaflets, put it in anyway, out of 10'000 I had one guy ream me out for it. I get loads from houses saying no leaflets cause no one else drops in those houses.

I havn't carded in six months and I am still getting calls from people that have held onto my card.

You are welcome to copy this but MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE the phone number, I aint going to dumfries to clean windows.

This is similar to Dirwachs leaflet but the key difference here is you will have interaction with the client prior to cleaning their windows. With Dirwachs card they put it up on the day and Im guessing you just clean them anyhow weather they are home or not.

The only way this fails is if you are a total tool when you go see the customer. -- Also remember that that the price you put on the card is assuming the front and back of the property are the same - if you learn of a conservatory when you talk to them CHARGE MORE!

Interesting, being profoundly deaf and finding door knocking not the easiest thing to do I will give a this ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
i cleaned show homes for a cleaning contractor for a housing builder, she says i have to wait 60 days for my money,

they say they get paid every 60 days of storey builders, never would have done them if i knew, they said they would pay after weekly cleans.

twaty i thought

ill see what happens on 2, may. if they pay

Thank for this info Green, you showed me these a while ago, i came up with something similar and they arrived yesterday, mine are just one sided would have preferred two but just £34 delivered for 5000.
I have left a space for a quote to be written on.

I am going to target terraced houses first with mine becasue i will be able to get more out faster, also when it comes back to checking it will be quicker and easier.

Will see how these go
@adamangler

i'm looking to get my flyer designed/worded - just wondering did you ever gets yours delivered?

if so what sort of response did you get? cheers!

@adamangler
i'm looking to get my flyer designed/worded - just wondering did you ever gets yours delivered?

if so what sort of response did you get? cheers!
Never really got many out before. Quickly realised it's quite an effort to do them on your own.

Im supposed to be getting 5k out this week just waiting for the delivery guy to pick them up.

No superclear you arent likely to get any printer to do 10'000 A5 for £150.
That price was 10'000 A7 And just two tone not multi colored.

BH Midland Melton Mowbray.
Just found helloprint 10,000 A5, full colour, 250 gms nice quality double sided printing, 5 days delivery for £122

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your return on these Adam?

Few weeks ago I delivered approx 100 got around got roughly 10 regulars out of it.

Then over two different Sundays morning I did a couple of roads approx 250 and have had nothing as of yet.

Mad trying to work out an average with leaflets alone.

What was your return on these Adam?
Few weeks ago I delivered approx 100 got around got roughly 10 regulars out of it.

Then over two different Sundays morning I did a couple of roads approx 250 and have had nothing as of yet.

Mad trying to work out an average with leaflets alone.
Well, apparently i got 8000 delivered

But i suspect 7000 went in a bush

5 Jobs form it was all i had

when ive done it myself i tend to average about 3 per 1000

New pair of walking shoes would have been more profitable,

Leaflet dropping defo seems hit and miss that's for sure.

Back