Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deadly effective leaflets!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep. Be glad when i don't have to do anymore advertising.

Its always good to advertise even if your rounds are full as you get natural wastage and some areas change, In recent years they have built and are building 100's of houses in my work area , So I keep myself visible with vehicle signage and a few leaflet drops to continually compact work and this can take a good while still plodding on after 17 years

Its always good to advertise even if your rounds are full as you get natural wastage and some areas change, In recent years they have built and are building 100's of houses in my work area , So I keep myself visible with vehicle signage and a few leaflet drops to continually compact work and this can take a good while still plodding on after 17 years

Yeh I understand that but will be nice to just keep the round topped up rather than building.

I have posted this as part of another thread but figured it ought to be here anyway as this is the system I used to build a £60k business in 12 months.
This is copied and pasted from the other thread!
_______________________________________________________________________________________

But as a wise man once said ask and you shall receive, now be warned, this has been a closely guarded secret by me for 8 years and using it could seriously improve your income and you attractiveness to the opposite sex (That previous statement excludes Smurf, you might still have a chance with the Blue People of Montana however [emoji14])

Last time I printed 10'000 of these at a cost of £150 - 10'000 may sound like a lot but if you consider an average street around here is 100 houses, you can leaflet 5 streets a day EASY - by day 20 that's directly hit 10'000 targeted customers.

Do not be stingy, hit EVERY HOME, and ask for top dollar in your area too, you will get it. If their windows look clean, give em a leaflet, I have heard many times, oh great I just god rid of the last asshole!
If the sign on the door says no leaflets, put it in anyway, out of 10'000 I had one guy ream me out for it. I get loads from houses saying no leaflets cause no one else drops in those houses.

I havn't carded in six months and I am still getting calls from people that have held onto my card.

You are welcome to copy this but MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE the phone number, I aint going to dumfries to clean windows.

This is similar to Dirwachs leaflet but the key difference here is you will have interaction with the client prior to cleaning their windows. With Dirwachs card they put it up on the day and Im guessing you just clean them anyhow weather they are home or not.

The only way this fails is if you are a total tool when you go see the customer. -- Also remember that that the price you put on the card is assuming the front and back of the property are the same - if you learn of a conservatory when you talk to them CHARGE MORE!

Green what size are these leaflets? I'm thinking A5 and card. I'm going to give them a try.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You're in the wrong business Green - you should come and work as a consultant for my canvassing operation!  You've definitely got some damned good ideas

I always thought door knocking was the best idea
This system could be more effective plus cover bigger area more quickly gd idea

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

re: " Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

I have posted this as part of another thread but figured it ought to be here anyway as this is the system I used to build a £60k business in 12 months."

Thats cracking, do u have any employees, to help u make £60k 12 months?

Seems this popped back up. I'v got a marketing campaign coming up and thought about the strategy green used. Has anyone else had sucess using this method? Would it not be better instead of adding the price straight away and just put "at competitive prices. To book our service, or recieve a quote, give us a call on (phone number).

Could keep the add card to window etc. Which would mean I'd be able to give the customer a face and sell the service.

Only thing I dont like is the amount of people who would be interested but chapping the door to find there not interested in the price you want.

I tried using this method a while ago.

I put out about 2k leaflets, with the "put on your window to book"

I found on the whole it was easier to just use normal leaflets. 

Here's why.

In order for these to work you have to go round and check on them. But when do you check? The next day, a few days, weeks? You have to check on them half a dozen times as there is no telling when people might stick them up. Its very time consuming. Secondly you really have to check by walking the route or what I did do it on my bike as driving it was easy to miss them.

I never did spot any in windows but I did get a couple of calls from people saying I've had that card up for weeks and no one has called round. 

Imo it would be better to use that extra time spent checking to stick out more leaflets of the normal type. Less hassle.

But having said that I would try it before dismissing it as sometimes it seems a lot of us get conflicting results from advertising.  Some people seem to get work thrown at them everyday others seem to try everything under the sun and still struggle, a lot may be down to area or luck but there must be an element of B.S involved as well.

Do you own experiments and take what you read here with a pinch of salt. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back