Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diy Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Seriously not an answer Richard and thats from someone that knows nothing about wfp brushes or sales, you keep saying your brush is faster, you keep saying you designed it yet you can't answer (or wont). Sorry mate you're either an incredibly bad salesman, it isn't faster or you don't actually know, the latter only leading to one obvious conclusion.

Dodger, Im a window cleaner first – advertising ,marketing and sales – come a distant second. Its just a brush used for wfp window cleaning, even if I didnt make and sell the brush I would still be using it.

I have answered the question: It wont matter how much or how long you talk about some things, the only way to know more or learn is to do it, because no amount of talking is going to do it.

Occasionally you will hear some window cleaners mention they can earn over £500 a day, this is true – but not for everybody, not matter how many years they window clean for. Its just never going to happen for them. Similarly a trad cleaner at the top of his game can earn over £45k working a 4 day week (not working a daft number of hours per week) again not everyone can do this (some like to blame their location) for example, in fact I know some wfp window cleaners earn less than trad cleaners and yet wfp is 30% quicker.

So I stand by what I say my brushes are capable of working faster and the window cleaner can phiscally move as fast as he can and my brushes will maintain performance – but for some they will never be fast enough.

Richard

Question was what makes it faster, not how much can a window cleaner earn Richard so no you didn't answer it. You're just avoiding the question!

Just to balance things out a bit, and not only sound harsh against window cleaners - im a one man window cleaning business who also manufactures wfp brushes I have to order material them then phiscally drill, cut, chop that material etc Unger who are a huge supplier of window cleaner equipment now sell wfp brushes and exhibited there new brush at the last trade show – They don’t make brushes – someone else does it for them.

Food for thought at least.

How many other suppliers do you know, who do what I do? Please feel free to post who they are.

Richard

Question was what makes it faster, not how much can a window cleaner earn Richard so no you didn't answer it. You're just avoiding the question!

I have answered this question in many different ways; look at it from my point of view how many times do I get asked these type of questions (per week) not just forums, emails, telephone etc

Think about it - a couple of days ago I was on the phone with a customer talking about brushes and window cleaning until my battery went dead. He goes on the forums!

Richard

I have answered this question in many different ways; look at it from my point of view how many times do I get asked these type of questions (per week) not just forums, emails, telephone etc

Think about it - a couple of days ago I was on the phone with a customer talking about brushes and window cleaning until my battery went dead. He goes on the forums!

Richard
That actually doesn't surprise me, was he asking why your brushes are faster. It doesn't matter how many times you've answered the question before Richard, if you design and sell something, when someone you see as a potential customer asked a specific question about your product like what makes it faster you should know and you should be telling them. Personally I think they look great but as you don't actually seem to know much about them but claim to be their designer my guess is they're a cheap import so wouldn't buy them on that assumption. If thats the wrong assumption I'm sorry but it's the feeling I get.

The amount you can earn dosent just depend on a brush.. When you are telling people your brush can earn whatever quicker than most competition.. Your a commercial window cleaner, and it's cleaning of commercial windows that will earn you more money quicker.. Plus you don't have to be as fussy with commercial windows... Every window cleaner is different, has different work, and has different skills... I don't even need a wfp to do any of my commercial work.. But would eventually like to gain some.

I just wanted to know the real reason why the brush 'could' be quicker than others..... Not telling me to try then realise... Lol! I have spent over £100 on 3 brushes so far, I need a damn good explanatation to fork out another £60 on your brush

That actually doesn't surprise me, was he asking why your brushes are faster. It doesn't matter how many times you've answered the question before Richard, if you design and sell something, when someone you see as a potential customer asked a specific question about your product like what makes it faster you should know and you should be telling them. Personally I think they look great but as you don't actually seem to know much about them but claim to be their designer my guess is they're a cheap import so wouldn't buy them on that assumption. If thats the wrong assumption I'm sorry but it's the feeling I get.

Thanks for the advice, but I don’t chase potential customers, Its their money they spend it where they want.

The brushes are easier to use and faster more eficient to clean, and the best quality you can buy and the best value for money.

I make the brushes and I am based in the UK again I cant get any straight forwards than that.

Richard

The amount you can earn dosent just depend on a brush.. When you are telling people your brush can earn whatever quicker than most competition.. Your a commercial window cleaner, and it's cleaning of commercial windows that will earn you more money quicker.. Plus you don't have to be as fussy with commercial windows... Every window cleaner is different, has different work, and has different skills... I don't even need a wfp to do any of my commercial work.. But would eventually like to gain some.

I just wanted to know the real reason why the brush 'could' be quicker than others..... Not telling me to try then realise... Lol! I have spent over £100 on 3 brushes so far, I need a damn good explanatation to fork out another £60 on your brush

Your right it dosent just depend on the brush, but take the brush of the wfp, see how much you will earn.

I take pride in my work both commercial & residential, customer satifaction is important.

I think I understand now, if I understand you correctly, you have spent £100 on 3 brushes that you are not satified with, (I here this every week from window cleaners). Its not my fault, you need to speak to the company you got them from. I have a 100% record with my brushes.

Good luck

Richard

I totally get where your coming from Richard, with my last employer I used top quality brushes and the job was so much faster and a lot less rinsing and now with the **** I'm using now Its taking me twice the time to clean and loads more rinsing

I think folk are being a bit harsh on you Richard for what it's worth. I think you've said before on other threads some months back that your brushes tend to have a lot more bristles, and I'd assume ( wrongly perhaps!) that would interpret as having to move it about less and possibly (I'm really punting here) as the're more packed together you have more bristles cleaning from the end rather than the stem if you follow me (?) which could ( and I mean could) in theory move dirt better. I don't know if it would make a deal of difference on maintenance cleans, but could see the prospects on first cleans.

Yes a tecbuk brush is dearer, but if Richard isn't having them manufactured in a factory by the truckload and is making them himself it's inevitable. I don't have have one, but a while back I read a verdict from someone who is brush crazy and he said they were the best at the time, better than gardiners, but has since said gardiners have caught up with their latest ( don't know which one specifically)

At least someone answered it Chip, that was my point was trying to get an answer is all. I'm moving towards wfp and seriously liked the look of his brushes and may have bought one or more but not backing up his most important statement with facts, which was what makes yours faster would put many people off buying his product. Bare in mind Chip that you explained what you know about it in a few words but in several paragraphs over a good few posts all Richard can talk about is how much money it would make you. He hadn't answered the question properly, waffled on about nothing and sent me right back to Gardiners website.

Hey I hope he does well with them but blatantly avoiding that question on a forum full of potential customers, well work that one out.

I'll just add an apology Richard if I seem harsh as Chip says, not intentional.

Your right it dosent just depend on the brush, but take the brush of the wfp, see how much you will earn.

I take pride in my work both commercial & residential, customer satifaction is important.

I think I understand now, if I understand you correctly, you have spent £100 on 3 brushes that you are not satified with, (I here this every week from window cleaners). Its not my fault, you need to speak to the company you got them from. I have a 100% record with my brushes.

Good luck

Richard
Take the brush off?

Im not fully dis satisfied, they are the only brushes I have used, they do the job, I started with a stiff, and hated that it didn't splay onto the glass great, but the med mix I got seems a bit better ( to be honest they both feel the same ) . The bristles seem to be like a yard brush! .. I thought they would been a lot softer.. and the sill brush I only bought for PVC cleaning.. I love that brush lol.

I have a few other things I really need to finish me off before buying another brush, but I just wanted to know how and why it was a better brush as I don't want to spend that and be unhappy?

For a new person like myself, I'm probably scrubbing way too much but am paranoid that it won't be clean.. Then rinse.. Would yours give me any more confidence that a quick wipe over will be enough?

Suppose it's a matter of buying and testing rather than go on people's word as everyone will have their preferences.

Have we anyone on here that uses a tecbuk that can share their thoughts?

I'm away to brush my teeth

Paul can clearly see the difference between two brushes. Maybe not everyone can do this, others might need lots of brush reviews before they buy - this won't mean its any good -

Richard

And someone just keep saying their brush is faster doesn't mean it is Richard, hey it might be I don't know. Seems I never will.

I might use my sill brush for windows tomorrow see if that's any better. I seen a video on YouTube and the guy liked the red aerial over the gardiners.. So how much discount for VIP Richard? I was on eBay but couldn't find any aerials

Hey i dont know much about brushes but at the end of the day a brush is a brush and if your happy with it then keep using it /emoticons/smile.png

If its not picking up the dirt then get a new one... /emoticons/smile.png

And in my opinion i dont think a brush can be faster.. Its how u use the brush that counts /emoticons/smile.png
Totally agree with you H

I might use my sill brush for windows tomorrow see if that's any better. I seen a video on YouTube and the guy liked the red aerial over the gardiners.. So how much discount for VIP Richard? I was on eBay but couldn't find any aerials

Hi folks, this is my first post on this forum, could end up being my last depending on how people take this, but you should know that I have been around wfp for nearly ten years now and window cleaning for longer than that so I do know a thing or three, though I would never claim to know everything.

I see that Richard is up to his usual trick of dodging the issue like a slippery used car salesman, he has even claimed 100% satisfaction for his brushes, but if you look around the forums you will find guys who have used them and say they are nothing special, not exactly 100% eh Richard? As to why you would make your own brushes instead of having them made by a commercial brush maker, I can't figure that one out, by your own advice to not waste ones valuable time with mucking about with inferior brushes or making ones own, it just does not make any sense. You could save a shedload of your own time by having them made in a factory, which would give you more time to market and distribute your

product, added to which you can never hope to match the quality control consistency of a professional manufacturer. (I can't beleive this, am I actually giving advice to richard? I must be in a good mood!)

Brush design needs to take into account many factors, I have found over the years that too many bristles is counter productive, it may give extra scrub power but it will compromise the rinse, this is significant when you are being advised to rinse less. The reality is that no one brush can be perfect for every window type, or suit the preferrences of every individual window cleaner, this is why a good supplier has a wide range of products. We often times do scrub more than is needed and maybe rinse too much, but you need to bear in mind that what can appear to be a perfectly clean window from the outside may look a lot less satisfactory from the inside.

Remember that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Lets be careful out there folks.

I might use my sill brush for windows tomorrow see if that's any better. I seen a video on YouTube and the guy liked the red aerial over the gardiners.. So how much discount for VIP Richard? I was on eBay but couldn't find any

aerials
I should be able to give you deal or at least throw in something for free, i have lead time of a few weeks, you can reserv what you want and if you decide to change your mind, that's ok

Richard

Back