Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diy Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i would say the weight is a big factor, especially when you are working with a 65ft pole, you do need a light brush for it to be safer and not top heavy!

what size are the pipes on the brushes??

i would say the weight is a big factor, especially when you are working with a 65ft pole, you do need a light brush for it to be safer and not top heavy!

what size are the pipes on the brushes??

I agree the weigh of a brush is a big factor (if it’s heavy). Its all to easy to focus on the weight of the brush and forget the pole itself; a 65ft pole could easily have the top 15ft section with a weigh of 475g plus; so looking at it from the pole only perspective – you could say it’s a 50ft pole with an extra 475 grams of weight not including pole fitting or brush!

However you look at it brushes are not the only component 65ft of 8mmOD pole hose weighs aprox 750grams, then you have the weight of the water in the hose, so the real question is do you want to be holding/using that wfp longer than necessary ?

I Hope you can see why the efficiency of the brush makes it an important piece of equipment. The weigh is just one technical aspect, and once the weight is low enough its job is done.

The jets and jet hose supplied with the Aerial brushes should be able to give you up to 4lt a min at max setting, does depend on the condition and type of pump, this is based on the shurflow 100psi pump. So you can get more or less, depending, I will put on a quick release connector so its fits the standard 8mmOD pole hose.

Richard

cool, i'll have to get some diffrent connectoer then to fit onto it! as i make all my own poles and brushes up myself i use non standard sizes, my brush tubes are all 4mm! but dont worry i'll sort it out!

I have been using Richard's brushes for a while, I have a boars hair, black initial clean brush and a red monofilament, I'm happy with them. I do want to try the hybrid soon for a bit of extra scrub. His side track is great also, saves a lot of moving about.

Been thinking about the side track myself, most windows I use wfp for are over connies and have to work from side and it looks like it might make it so much easier.

Been thinking about the side track myself, most windows I use wfp for are over connies and have to work from side and it looks like it might make it so much easier.
you tried to use one of the pivoting squeegee's??

I have been using Richard's brushes for a while, I have a boars hair, black initial clean brush and a red monofilament, I'm happy with them. I do want to try the hybrid soon for a bit of extra scrub. His side track is great also, saves a lot of moving about.

Hi Andy, hope its all going well?

You only need the jetted brush stock, unless you want more brush head attachments, either way I will give you a great deal as you have already have brought a number of things.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Andy, hope its all going well?

You only need the jetted brush stock, unless you want more brush head attachments, either way I will give you a great deal as you have already have brought a number of things.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard, I'm doing ok thanks, I will be in touch very soon.

have u used one?
No mate, couldn't get on with dogearing so never bothered getting one but just ordered some pulex hard rubber to see if I can get on with it better. Found it gave me too much drag with unger soft and couldn't fan, if I can do it with harder rubber i'll consider it again.

Think the trial brush is still being made??

Although I would have liked to give it a trial a couple of days wouldn't be long enough so I just ordered my own that I will hopefully have next week. will let you guys know how it is

Back