Do You Use Twitter For Your Window Cleaning Business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Squeak and Bubbles, Jan 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squeak and Bubbles

and if so and you have a website do you link it to your site?

I have just joined, and when my new website gets launched I'm going to put the Twitter feed on my website...

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Been on twitter for a long long time and never got it so no can't stand it.

3. Iain

Iain Guru

Twitter doesn't work so well for local businesses but there is a neat little trick you can pull...

Set up your profile, add some pictures, get a few followers from friends, family, etc.

Once your profile looks a bit more established, find local businesses (or people but they're harder to find) and Follow them. The default setting is that these people will receive an email telling them that someone new is following them. This email will contain your profile description, web link, etc.

This is a slightly targeted approach so you need to actively look for businesses that you want to do business with. This will also get you some extra exposure across Twitter!

I'd recommend totally exhausting Facebook before you focus too hard on Twitter though.

4. Iain

Iain Guru

A twitter feed is the best thing you can get on your website but it has to be integrated correctly to make the most from it. For example, don't embed it using an iframe as this wont help your SEO. Lots of WordPress plugins do this so try to avoid them. The twitter API is really good if you want to get knee deep in code!

5. A.K WINDOWS

tried both facespaz and twitter waste of time for me not 1 job lol

6. Squeak and Bubbles

Sounds good..

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Love twitter, picked up 2 commercial jobs, 3-4 domestic, couple of gutters, and domestic cleaning jobs for my misses, just having the right connections to share it with and for them to share it to!

8. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Facebook has given me my latest 4 customer out of the 5 I have, twitter gives me nowt :(

9. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Ive linked my facebook and twitter up together so when I update facebook it does my twitter automatically, quite handy. I also find everyone finds me on twitter but not always on facebook.

Ive also put f.b and twitter on my web page and glad I did as people would never of found that otherwise, so its worked for me.

10. Iain

Iain Guru

That's exactly what I tell my clients to do. It saves having to post on Facebook and then tweeting it as well!

Advertisement