Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Elbow joint problems anyone??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Item saved! Thanks for this advice, my friend. I really appreciate that. 

Have yourself a fantastic weekend!

stay happy & healthy ??????
back went off pain in spine after lifting the reel back in the van this morning, as I had done another coat of Protecakote plus did the board I have it mounted on as it wasn't done since fitting 4 weeks ago. off for a cold water dip this morning so hopefully will get better, have yourself a good weekend as well 

No elbow trouble, but what ive been getting is certain fingers not going back into place, and I have to physically move them back with the other hand. Really strange, does seem to happen more in the cold.

No elbow trouble, but what ive been getting is certain fingers not going back into place, and I have to physically move them back with the other hand. Really strange, does seem to happen more in the cold.
Sounds like arthritis, how do your hands cope in the cold as in do they go ice cold and numb? my hands feel like I have been in the arctic when the temps dip and can take 10 minutes to regain normal feeling if I haven't wrapped up enough 

Please elaborate, what makes you think it's not?
It’s just too sudden.  It’s possible it even came from my martial arts practice, but probably work related, or both!  I’ve had arthritic pain in my right forefinger from the old scrimming days, and that’s practically gone now thanks goodness. This pain feels a bit too sharpe to be arthritis. To me anyway. Just don’t think it is. 

It’s just too sudden.  It’s possible it even came from my martial arts practice, but probably work related, or both!  I’ve had arthritic pain in my right forefinger from the old scrimming days, and that’s practically gone now thanks goodness. This pain feels a bit too sharpe to be arthritis. To me anyway. Just don’t think it is. 
I quoted @ks789 about the arthritis ?

Sounds like arthritis, how do your hands cope in the cold as in do they go ice cold and numb? my hands feel like I have been in the arctic when the temps dip and can take 10 minutes to regain normal feeling if I haven't wrapped up enough 
yes this winter def getting some decent quality waterproof gloves, that you can still work in ok.

Yeh my right thumb seems like I might get arthritis there sometime. I use it so much for texting and changing channel/volume on tv remote and utube. Now swollen bit at the thumb base. Price to pay for this modern age of button pressing. Be worse for the kids when they're older, what with their 16 hour days of screen watching.

I reckon my hands are in the early stages of arthritis, fingers achy and a bit stiff sometimes. 

Backs been knackered for years. The more i work the less painful it is. If i have longer than two days off i start getting in real trouble. My back seizes up and i either have to go swimming or do something physical. Any more than 2 hours on my backside watching telly and it starts aching to the point i either have to work or lie down. So i cant say i look forward to holidays or retirement lol i dread to think what its gonna be like. The last two Christmases and winters gave been agony with too little physical activity at times to keep the back lubricated. I doubt ill be able to be sedentary in retirement thats for sure. 

it gives me a good excuse to do more than my fair share of housework ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Big thing is Window Cleaning is a physically demanding job, whether Trad or using WFP, and your body suffers. Plus your past career and life has also put your body through it.

I have had physical jobs during the past, played Saturday and Sunday League football, Martial Arts, Half Marathons etc.And my body is now paying the price, I am not a cripple, but I do get aches and pains, I do not wake and jump out of bed like in a cornflake advert. I more or less hobble around for first minute or so till my body gets into mode. It is called ageing I think and if your using a pole all day or Tradding you have to accept there is a price to pay physically.

And am sure in years to come Windies  after having a career using WFP  will all suffer physically from it.

Big thing is Window Cleaning is a physically demanding job, whether Trad or using WFP, and your body suffers. Plus your past career and life has also put your body through it.

I have had physical jobs during the past, played Saturday and Sunday League football, Martial Arts, Half Marathons etc.And my body is now paying the price, I am not a cripple, but I do get aches and pains, I do not wake and jump out of bed like in a cornflake advert. I more or less hobble around for first minute or so till my body gets into mode. It is called ageing I think and if your using a pole all day or Tradding you have to accept there is a price to pay physically.

And am sure in years to come Windies  after having a career using WFP  will all suffer physically from it.
Great post Mike ?? Nail on the head. 

I have arthritis knees, hands, shoulder

Similar tale of woe here m8, knees and wrists in my case. Probably slowly getting me somewhere else too but at present my wrists are winding me up keep clicking away daily and the pain that goes with it at times after my weekend job means i can't do any windows on a monday - I do have one client that is monday only so i lose the will on that one but she's the only one i do that day. I'm trying to avoid tall places with a 2nd floor too - using the clx is a heavy job and i've noticed mild back problems for the first time in my life since using it. This has improved somewhat since the missus's father decided to give me a pat on the back,in june - old skool proper hard job. The guy has hands / fingers like rocks and as i barely shook his hand or spoke to him he decided not to lose face in front of the crowd and gave me a good whallop... I was livid at the time until i realised my back discomfort decreased dramatically...

Arthritis does do sharp pain though mate - I've both, rheumatoid and osteo. Both are evil when they get going. It can ease off dramatically if you rest the affected areas enough but it'll come back quicker once you start using them again. Key is finding the balance - that's what i've found.

Yeh my right thumb seems like I might get arthritis there sometime. I use it so much for texting and changing channel/volume on tv remote and utube. Now swollen bit at the thumb base. Price to pay for this modern age of button pressing. Be worse for the kids when they're older, what with their 16 hour days of screen watching.

and they say exercise is good for you?

I'm not planning on it.. small residential, small commercial (eg corner shop), nothing bigger for me.

Latest Posts

Back