Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Entertainment when on ur own

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do they still sell MP4's,  I use my phone I have Youtube music and have albums and dj sets downloaded on the app I wear one bluetooth ear bud at a time and I can answer calls as well, if need a morale boost now you're in for a long ride ?

smartphone and one bluetooth earbud.....im usually listening to music from my apple music library but will listen to audio books sometimes...its really handy when im learning a new song with my band .its easy to get familiar with the drum parts and arrangement!??

also as already been said i can answer and make calls while im working.....

I use my phone and listen to podcasts with the Stitcher app, and ebooks with Audible. 

I've used these for the last few years. I've had three sets, but have all been cheap, surprisingly reliable and easy to use with unparalleled play time. The only reason I keep having to buy new ones is because I keep losing them! 

They work for around 7hrs but will charge a few times when replaced in the case. You can use one at a time also and extend the time to 14hrs.

I've never understood how they are so cheap, they barely have any reviews either so it was a gamble buying the first pair. 

They're comfier than they look, too. 

Screenshot_20210930_091124_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of music device do u use when working something that will last all day mp4 player or something else that will last 6 hours that plays okay for work what do u guys use please 
Nothing at all, can't stand distractions and not being able to hear things around me 

Do they still sell MP4's,  I use my phone I have Youtube music and have albums and dj sets downloaded on the app I wear one bluetooth ear bud at a time and I can answer calls as well, if need a morale boost now you're in for a long ride ?
What DJ's do you like ?

Apple still sell the iPod touch, but it’s more targeted towards children (for folk who understandably don’t want to fork out £800 on a phone for a child) or business that need a cheap & reliable in store payment device, etc. 

smartphone and one bluetooth earbud.....im usually listening to music from my apple music library but will listen to audio books sometimes...its really handy when im learning a new song with my band .its easy to get familiar with the drum parts and arrangement!??

also as already been said i can answer and make calls while im working.....
Audio books are the bomb! It feels like they cut my day in half when I find a good one! I’m cleaning windows but my brain is in a galaxy far, far away ? (other audio books are available)

I have been using these AfterShokz OpenMove Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones  They sit just in front of your ears so still allow you to hear your surroundings which has plusses and minuses as if on a busy road you still get traffic noise but you can hear when someone asks you something. They have a band that goes round you neck  The sound is amazing for something that doesn't block your ears but they are not  good at bass as if you turn bass up too high you feel the vibrations. They are bluetooth so just use phone and they have noise cancelling mic so are quite good as headset for phone calls. Battery wise they last about 6 hrs and need usbC to charge. They have a Titanium neck band so cant really fall off and lose them and have 2 year warranty.

I am really impressed with mine, I even use them round the house to listen to music.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nothing at all, can't stand distractions and not being able to hear things around me 

What DJ's do you like ?
The reason I only wear one ear bud so I can hear things around me.

Dj Hype, Rap, Metrik, Mickey Finn, Andy C, Shy FX, Blade Runner I like a bit of Congo Natty as well

The reason I only wear one ear bud so I can hear things around .

Dj Hype, Rap, Metrik, Mickey Finn, Andy C, Shy FX, Blade Runner I like a bit of Congo Natty as well
Good taste, I've been friends with Mark Archer (Altern8) for years, Dj Rap is a legend and Mickey Finn & Hype are the True playerz 

The Mixcloud app has some really good old jungle and D&B stuff on there from the old days as well as new stuff from all the above dj's.
A fellow Junglist, I haven't tried the Mixcloud app is it free and can you download sets to play offline as I am paying £10 a month for Youtube Music 

I have a small Sony radio with a built in speaker so no need for earphones.

Talksport on up to half 10, then it’s over to radio 2 for pop master.

I listen to podcast on my phone. The Peter Crouch podcast and the film review with Simon Mayo are good.

I also have a 64 gig old school i pod in my van so sometimes bang on some Trojan or Two Tone ska ?

A fellow Junglist, I haven't tried the Mixcloud app is it free and can you download sets to play offline as I am paying £10 a month for Youtube Music 
I don't pay for mixcloud I believe you can but the free version is fine .

You can't download mixes because that is how they get round the copyright protection.

People uploads old tapes and sets from raves or clubs as well a radio shows. Type in a dj or club night and it pulls up loads of bits.

Soundcloud is another good one again you can pay or have the free version most dj's have a soundcloud page they will upload mixes to for example dj zinc has loads of free mixes from 88-98 on his page.

message me if you need any info or help looking for mixes.

From all the replies looks like I am the odd one out I dint listen to music whilst working . 

On a side point one of our largest commercial contracts  Anchor/ Hannover state in their terms that we arnt allowed to use earphones and listen to music or anything else whilst working on the premises as they state it’s a H&S issue that we might walk into someone as we cannot hear properly or might be distracted, not saying I agree or disagree with it but that’s in there terms and conditions ???

From all the replies looks like I am the odd one out I dint listen to music whilst working . 

On a side point one of our largest commercial contracts  Anchor/ Hannover state in their terms that we arnt allowed to use earphones and listen to music or anything else whilst working on the premises as they state it’s a H&S issue that we might walk into someone as we cannot hear properly or might be distracted, not saying I agree or disagree with it but that’s in there terms and conditions ???
Think your phone is playing up. It keeps adding laughing emojis ?

Back