Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Entertainment when on ur own

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Borrow box is a great App for audio books and free to boot!
daily routine Radio 2 untill ken Bruce show is over podcast or two on Deezer music afternoons audiobooks and if I start lagging some upbeat music.

I have over ear bluetooth  headphones one charge lasts 20 + hours and can take calls etc, have probably missed out on hundreds of customers calling me and not hearing them ?

From all the replies looks like I am the odd one out I dint listen to music whilst working . 

On a side point one of our largest commercial contracts  Anchor/ Hannover state in their terms that we arnt allowed to use earphones and listen to music or anything else whilst working on the premises as they state it’s a H&S issue that we might walk into someone as we cannot hear properly or might be distracted, not saying I agree or disagree with it but that’s in there terms and conditions ???
They also say you can't use ladders on their sites and yet I watched along with the area manager a window cleaner clean trad of a ladder.AN old lady nearly knocked him off as she came out of a door.

I used to work with a deaf window cleaner in London when I first started.What would we do with him now if we had work for them?Tell him to take a day off?

Not that it's you that makes these rules up pjj but Hanover are one of the biggest jokes of a company I have come across in terms of health and safety.

They also say you can't use ladders on their sites and yet I watched along with the area manager a window cleaner clean trad of a ladder.AN old lady nearly knocked him off as she came out of a door.

I used to work with a deaf window cleaner in London when I first started.What would we do with him now if we had work for them?Tell him to take a day off?

Not that it's you that makes these rules up pjj but Hanover are one of the biggest jokes of a company I have come across in terms of health and safety.
I agree , the paper work I have is from anchor before their  takeover  of Hannover , we do around 30 schemes  all over the country for them and I have always found them very strict with H &S  I have regular meetings with their H&S staff and spot check site visits when we are there working they talk to staff asking them questions and have they read the anchor H&S policy , luckily all my guys have read it and signed documents that I keep on record stating that . But like you say I don’t set the rules .

I don't pay for mixcloud I believe you can but the free version is fine .

You can't download mixes because that is how they get round the copyright protection.

People uploads old tapes and sets from raves or clubs as well a radio shows. Type in a dj or club night and it pulls up loads of bits.

Soundcloud is another good one again you can pay or have the free version most dj's have a soundcloud page they will upload mixes to for example dj zinc has loads of free mixes from 88-98 on his page.

message me if you need any info or help looking for mixes.
I don't have unlimited data usage on my phone to do so would cost the same as the YouTube monthly fee, I'll try it out over the weekend, I did use to listen to Soundcloud years ago though and there was some decent uploads on there. 

I dont have anything n wonder why I'm bored out of my brain working n say to my myself I could do with a bit of music in my life, oh I should get myself some of those ear bud thingys.

Next day goldfish moment, I'm bored I could do with some music or something to listen too.

Next day why am I so bored, I could do with listening to something other than myself counting up in my head how much I've made n how much I'm going to try n make, how much have I spent on fuel n food today, take that away from the total I've made today, yawn yawn yawn.

I dont have anything n wonder why I'm bored out of my brain working n say to my myself I could do with a bit of music in my life, oh I should get myself some of those ear bud thingys.

Next day goldfish moment, I'm bored I could do with some music or something to listen too.

Next day why am I so bored, I could do with listening to something other than myself counting up in my head how much I've made n how much I'm going to try n make, how much have I spent on fuel n food today, take that away from the total I've made today, yawn yawn yawn.
Then get Spotify and bang on the greatest album of all time and you won’t want the day to end.

The self titled album ‘The Specials’ ?

Get some today go on eBay and make a promise to get them u work hard so make it enjoyable just put one ear bud in I’m doing that so I can still hear around me

I use my phone and listen to podcasts with the Stitcher app, and ebooks with Audible. 

I've used these for the last few years. I've had three sets, but have all been cheap, surprisingly reliable and easy to use with unparalleled play time. The only reason I keep having to buy new ones is because I keep losing them! 

They work for around 7hrs but will charge a few times when replaced in the case. You can use one at a time also and extend the time to 14hrs.

I've never understood how they are so cheap, they barely have any reviews either so it was a gamble buying the first pair. 

They're comfier than they look, too. 

View attachment 25709
Tried looking for them, the ones I found were out of stock, maybe you started a craze n everyone has bought them, toilet paper, fuel n now earbud shortages, I only needed one as well.

Thats my wife got them ordered for me, thank you. Need to download some music now with a bit of get up n go, maybe a bit of John Denver,  " I'm leaving on a jetplane, don't know when I'll be back again", pure banging:)

Thats my wife got them ordered for me, thank you. Need to download some music now with a bit of get up n go, maybe a bit of John Denver,  " I'm leaving on a jetplane, don't know when I'll be back again", pure banging:)
Funny you mention that tune. I went to see UB40 in Southend a couple of weeks ago, and the the group supporting them, a local band from Bromley called The Dualers, did a reggae version of country road that’s not bad.

Good band The Dualers, well worth a search on Spotify ???‍?

Back