Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Eventually got started

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm almost 65. Only 67kg but I'm still well able to work with the SLX 22. Though I now only use it for gfs and conservatories. I use an Extreme 22 for maintenance washes.

It's not all about strength. Efficient technique, grit and determination is every bit as important.
I weigh the same as you I'm 50 and 5'10 I'd glad to know we all don't need to be built like Joe Marler

One thing i try to remember to do is swap hands so i can even out which side gets the most work. I do keep forgetting to do that though!

If you are leaving your van sat over a weekend and temps are below 0c then stuff will freeze.

Be prepared or prepare to fail!! 
After the big freeze down here in Kent that thawed out yesterday, I check everything was working and fortunately everything was okay except for a suspected air lock that auto calibration fixed.

I did manage to get a large duvet over the tank and an oil-filled radiator underneath it (but not touching) eventually and I brought the poles into the garage (which were frozen!).

Lesson heeded ?

Good hear, you just don't want to risk anything getting damaged, back end of last week it was -7 or lower overnight if I didn't have a oil rad in the van I wouldn't have got to work last Friday, 

It was a bit warmer over the weekend -3 with a wind chill of -9 the wind was up to 44mph, pleased I only had to walk or dog for a couple of hours each day. 

I only really started properly 5 years ago when I was 52 and can assure you once you start getting busy you'll build muscle, arms, shoulders and neck, and get sronger.
This is exactly right. Trouble with me is that all that upper body muscle slips down to my waist and I have to start over again. ?

Anybody who says it's easy to wiggle a brush around on a long pole and clean windows have no idea what they are talking about.

Good hear, you just don't want to risk anything getting damaged, back end of last week it was -7 or lower overnight if I didn't have a oil rad in the van I wouldn't have got to work last Friday, 

It was a bit warmer over the weekend -3 with a wind chill of -9 the wind was up to 44mph, pleased I only had to walk or dog for a couple of hours each day. 
Fortunately I made the decision not to work at all last week as we had a lot of snow here, hence not bothering to keep the vehicle warm. I didn't think about potential damage to anything! 

I understand warmer weather is round the corner so that's something to look forward to! 

I have plenty of relaxed muscle as well, I think it's the alcohol that relaxes it.
And old age ?

Back