Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Excelerator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i guess yours is on the way dave mate? bob asked them to send me more sleeves and t bars for the combinator because i cut mine up to get them to work better, it works lovely as bob said, with the sleeve normal and just the t bar cut at the angle.

paul are you purely trad? got some awesome looking gear there!
yeah as dave said, hybrid, i do ladder a lot still though, im seriously considering using this on a pole for houses it may suit, ive done my own windows with it on a pole earlier and i really likeing it.

youre going to have to carry a bucket around with you cos i cant see this tool doing more than a window or 2 max before needing a dunk . thatll be a real downer if uv a lot of windows need doing . my buckets never leave the van ,we dunk once on leaving the van using typical Tbar

youre going to have to carry a bucket around with you cos i cant see this tool doing more than a window or 2 max before needing a dunk . thatll be a real downer if uv a lot of windows need doing . my buckets never leave the van ,we dunk once on leaving the van using typical Tbar
my round is so compacted and mature that i usually leave the car when i start work and dont go back until im done for the day so i need a bucket anyway, also im used to a bucket with the way i use my combinators. but i went years without a bucket before.

i cleaned my windows several times with one dunk last night, you can definitely clean more than 2 windows as u suggest.

not sure how many windows u can clean with one dunk though but at least half a house.

have you concidered this boar? (you must have more than 1 house together on your round) i used to use a 1.5 liter bottle of solution i would carry around and I just topped up water in my boab every now and then, I could do a good 5-6 houses this way. this is for spots with up to 5-6 houses, on the best spots, all day spots, i would have a bucket with a 1.5 liter bottle of solution in and a drink, sandwich spare cloths etc, not too much stuff but enough so i have everything i need for hours of solid work. i would simple top up the bottle from peoples taps and squirt some fairy in the bottle.

i guess yours is on the way dave mate? bob asked them to send me more sleeves and t bars for the combinator because i cut mine up to get them to work better, it works lovely as bob said, with the sleeve normal and just the t bar cut at the angle.
Yep that's exactly what I done glad you brought the combinator to my attention my son used it for the first time the other day and loved it.

No idea mate..not heard anything although i was told i was on the list to get one

I'll speak to Bob later as off to work now

Paul when I cut my t bars I didn't cut the angle quite as much as you as I noticed the bar was smaller than the channel.
P.s. Hope you like the slipper. Lol
how you finding it works with just a square cut like that? i think it would still be in the way of reaching the corners properly?

nice slippers, an important DIY accessory :rolleyes:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Funny you ask on the 10" it worked fine but on the 14" I had to put a slight angle as to make it go into the corners but not quite as acute as yours in all honesty don't think having a more or less angle really matters any much difference just make sure the top of the bar is slightly longer than the bottom if that makes sense I think the main thing is not cutting sleeve after cutting the bar.

1st reason I thought maybe the cut t bar could scratch painted frames.

2nd thought the sleeve would fray and shelf life reduced.

Also to add when your doing your trails I don't think the sleeve will need changing

I.e. The sleeve being tapered it's good how it is the slight extra length don't impede the use at all.

Back