Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Expanding Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

1 thing i know from experience is 2 people don't work twice as fast unless in seperate vans doing their own workNot sure why..maybe to do with setting up and packing away etc but it is definitely not double speed

Maybe if you earn 30 quid an hour on your own it would be about 50 quid as a double act

Still a lot more eaned in a day though
This is definitely true. It's usually about another third worth of work win a second person. Well at least that's what I've found.

I make more an hour now than I did with two people. Most I've had is 3 other employees in the early 00's and it still didn't pay 4x as much a day.

Once I've built enough work with this round I'll be getting a second van, sending someone out and make them hit targets. Two van's making 250-300 a day is better than one van with two blokes making 400.

1 thing i know from experience is 2 people don't work twice as fast unless in seperate vans doing their own workNot sure why..maybe to do with setting up and packing away etc but it is definitely not double speed

Maybe if you earn 30 quid an hour on your own it would be about 50 quid as a double act

Still a lot more eaned in a day though
This is definitely true. It's usually about another third worth of work win a second person. Well at least that's what I've found.

I make more an hour now than I did with two people. Most I've had is 3 other employees in the early 00's and it still didn't pay 4x as much a day.

Once I've built enough work with this round I'll be getting a second van, sending someone out and make them hit targets. Two van's making 250-300 a day is better than one van with two blokes making 400.

I use a bilge pump that I got of eBay only cost about £30 and have put it in my tank fitted to leisure battery and have an out door light switch to turn it on an off. It fills my 36 litre trolley system up in seconds. My lad uses the trolley system and goes around the back and I do fronts from van mount or if we have a few down the same street I park up to get the most of them why the trolley gets the ones I can't reach with out moving the van

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'd have the new employee tradding the tops whilst I did the bottoms. I know you were talking about wfp work, but think about it, why do you want the help? So your job is easier right? What could be easier than tradding bottoms all day?

Get him up to speed tradding then get him on the backpack, but I dont think backpack first is a good idea. You need to earn your stripes as a tradder first in my opinion.

Hi guys I've just made the move of employing someone, a 17 year old lad who's looking for some work who will start in about 2 weeks. I was gonna buy him a water genie back back to use with the idea of ill clean the fronts using the van system and get him to clean the backs or visa versa. I'll be paying him £40 a day till he gets the hang of things. I just wanted to know what would you guys do? Use a back pack or will he spend most the time refilling etc? Or just buy another hose and set that up to the van setup? Hoping taking someone on will really make my buisness boom as currently have 400 houses. What do you guys think? Feel really nervous taking someone on.
I work two weeks on my own and two weeks with me mate earnings down £40 a day with two

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I really carnt see how your earnings will be down £40 a day you must do a awful lot of chatting lol he starts with me in 2 weeks. If doing fronts and backs isnt any quicker once he's up to scratch ill get us doing a house each. At the end of the day if he makes me £20 a day extra it's a £100 a week I wouldn't be making and I can fit my round into the 4 weeks as Im currently doing it in 5 so should....fingers crossed work out better but only time will tell thanks for all the feedback guys? Any other things I should bare in mind when taking someone on?

Yeah, make sure he doesn't get too good and steal all your work! Only half kidding - although this has happened to some windys but if it did happen then you dont have very loyal custys. Im sure it'll work out well. Your day will be a lot better aswell, having someone to talk to - makes a heck of a difference. good luck pal

Get a bilge pump and drop it in the van tankFill a backpack in seconds

Send him round the back with it

I can do around 2 whole houses with a 22l backpack full so backs should be no issue
2 whole houses is pretty impressive mate i usually do a backpack a house.

That's because i don't hang about lol

High flow and smash it out

At the moment i am using pump/reel etc with no controller as it is broke so 5.2lpm sureflow running full power

I know you never get the full 5.2lpm due to the fact of using smaller diameter hose than the outlet on the pump etc but still a fair rate and i can do a couple of average 3 bed terrace with 1 25l drum easily with my regular cleans

Most of the rinsing is done while scrubbing and i rinse on the glass also which i find quick

That's because i don't hang about lolHigh flow and smash it out

At the moment i am using pump/reel etc with no controller as it is broke so 5.2lpm sureflow running full power

I know you never get the full 5.2lpm due to the fact of using smaller diameter hose than the outlet on the pump etc but still a fair rate and i can do a couple of average 3 bed terrace with 1 25l drum easily with my regular cleans

Most of the rinsing is done while scrubbing and i rinse on the glass also which i find quick

Yea i suppose fair play. I use backpack no idea of the flow rate.

Also i dont know how to rinse on the glass lol

When I first got my gardener backpack I used to do two (standard three bed council) houses on one fill up. I only do one per fill up now. I'm not sure what's changed.

When I first got my gardener backpack I used to do two (standard three bed council) houses on one fill up. I only do one per fill up now. I'm not sure what's changed.
Maybe it's because you actually rinse stuff nowadays:rofl:

Probably because you re uaing a van mount mostly now mate

You get used to not needing to rush anymore

Use one hose from the tank must be 1/2 inch both then can both use same pipe. Two men working together less money made is a no no.

Latest Posts

Back