Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Compact

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Honestly don't even know it's there when driving I only have a transit connect  t230 even when I first had it installed off centred the driving experience wasn't any different to having install centrally,  maybe because it not a upright tank and only 325l, as a matter of fact I'm considering putting another van on the road in the near future and going to purchase another for my son, the only thing I would change is putting bolts and spreader plates instead of the screws as  it a very simple mod.
Me to. I would not hesitate in buying another one :)

Thank you all for the feedback. I have also got a quote from grippa so I have a couple of options. 

Also, I am going to ask around some garages regarding bolting the compact down.

I recently received a glossy magazine for wcw and noticed they are doing a compact 525 that as the option of one or two men setup it's not on their website when I upgrade my van think I will got for the two man version. 

Did you get yours bolted down.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Funny you should mention that, my mate should being doing next weekend he was supposed to have done it a couple of months back but broke his collar bone. 

Wonder why they are supplied with that fitting kit if not deemed safe? You would think a company like that would tried and tested the fitting kit unless they have?

From what i saw when a mate got one i would use big bolts and spreader plates underneath

No way would i trust a few self tapping bolts to hold it

From what i saw when a mate got one i would use big bolts and spreader plates underneath

No way would i trust a few self tapping bolts to hold it
So does the tank have feet on which the bolts are to be put through or are the separate brackets.

Cheers @Dave B I am going to get rid of my truck before next April, So just waying up options van of choice is a Ford courier but just wondering whether to go for the compact or go for a diy set up 350 upright tank  with tank frame .

Only thing thats got me puzzling at the minute is just how secure the compact can be and which one will be easier to fit depending on were fuel tank etc is located underneath the van. And I am wanting a electric reel with rollers through the floor. 

You just undo lid to check water no external gauge, personally I don't see the need as I fill up every day. 

They are brackets that hold the tank to the floor almost z shaped brackets see photos on first page of this thread to give you an idea. If you go to wcw see measurements that's the overall footprint as everything pump, battery etc is fitted inside the tank very neat and compact. 

You just undo lid to check water no external gauge, personally I don't see the need as I fill up every day. 

They are brackets that hold the tank to the floor almost z shaped brackets see photos on first page of this thread to give you an idea. If you go to wcw see measurements that's the overall footprint as everything pump, battery etc is fitted inside the tank very neat and compact. 
Cheers Den, Looking at the tank in your van compact might be to long for me can't find dimensions but I assume your van has the same dimensions as the newer courier. I will have to take a look online tonight. 

Cheers again Den, Your is a longer wheelbase than the courier. When I saw the other pics with the tank almost against the rear doors thought it might be to big. Think I will go and look at a courier in the flesh as the advertised load area will be smaller due to the sloping bulkhead.

Thanks for all the comments today. After doing a little more research I think my best bet will be to get 350 tank and frame from Pure freedom and do the 4hr 30min round trip and get them to fit it.

I haven't contacted them for a fitting price as yet but even if it's £500 like GrippaTank it will be done properly.

Back