Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Favourite industry Youtubers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windows95

I've been surprised by the amount of content creators covering window/exterior cleaning.

Really enjoying Partridge Exterior Cleaning and Chris Addis at the minute.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Personally don't, and never have, watched any YouTube channels. Most are paid to promote equipment and can't see how watching them will enhance any part of my business. We had one of the earliest, most watched, ones as a Mod on here, and where is he now.
Much prefer learning from my mistakes on the job. At least I have learned in my real world rather than their fantasy one.

I like Squeaky Clean Dave (UK) and SteveO the window cleaner (from the US). Most of the others I find a bit cringy to be honest - and as for the UK ones that try and sell people courses in how to clean windows ??.

I like squeeky clean dave very informative and he message you back if you have any questions.

Least favourite is ae mckintosh guys a geek and annoys me.

I don't go out searching for you tube window cleaning videos but like anything once you watch something they keep popping up.

Equally I love my job and half the reason for that is buying new bits of kit and testing them out so I do like to see what they think of new bits that pop up.

I watched a lot of them back when I was starting out but not anymore. I think they are a brilliant resource for newbies or for expanding into a new service. But like @Part Timer said a few have, or had, sponsorship agreements which made their recommendations alot less credible, personally. But not all of them are like that.
Yeah it's for that purpose I'm watching to be honest. Although I do enjoy Chris/Partridge content

I like squeeky clean dave very informative and he message you back if you have any questions.

I don't go out searching for you tube window cleaning videos but like anything once you watch something they keep popping up.

Equally I love my job and half the reason for that is buying new bits of kit and testing them out so I do like to see what they think of new bits that pop up.
He's a bit too sickly for me. I'm sure he's a decent bloke though. Made me laugh that, "guys a geek" ?

Never watched alot of them tbh, have felt myself cringing at most of them as they think they are successful buisnesmen telling ppl what it takes to run a successful buisnes, working for yourself having a window cleaning run doesn't quite equate to that imo. They think they could be am advisor to Ellon musk the way some of them go on.

Not sure if I've came across the ones the op mentions. Probably seen something of there's though.

Before I started I watched as many as I could. Watching a big range I believe gave me a good overview of things. For me they gave me a visual idea of how to do things, focusing on a few youtubers might not give you enough of an overview or give you bad techniques.
It's all about picking the wheat from the chaff. If you watch you generally won't see them tackle difficult windows like reaching sideways across a conny to the 1st floor windows, in tight alleyways etc.
As for kit, I tend to give them a wide berth as sponsorship and free products can sway their views.

I think with most of them looking back at their older vids is more useful.

I watch a few other trades like gardeners (blow, mow and go) stuff - not for how to do my garden but more for how they run their businesses as they have lots of relatively small jobs that repeat. My fav one is https://www.youtube.com/@maxwellsgrasscuttingservices.

It seems most of them who are advising people about how to run a successful buisness are really advising people how to run an ilegal buisness. It shows how stupid these people really are putting all of there goings on in videos for all to view when what there doing is ilegal.

They talk about when taking on staff and what they done etc. If they have enough work for 2 ppl then do the math, that means crossing vat thresholds, yet they are all sole traders still for the most part.

Unless there telling the truth which means there that successful that 2 guys are doing under £330 worth of work a day, which would make the prices they say they get pie in the sky stuff. 1 guy would get close to that £330 per day in an 8 hour shift and some days get beyond that. It's not hard to figure out that there not doing what they preach.

It seems most of them who are advising people about how to run a successful buisness are really advising people how to run an ilegal buisness. It shows how stupid these people really are putting all of there goings on in videos for all to view when what there doing is ilegal.

They talk about when taking on staff and what they done etc. If they have enough work for 2 ppl then do the math, that means crossing vat thresholds, yet they are all sole traders still for the most part.

Unless there telling the truth which means there that successful that 2 guys are doing under £330 worth of work a day, which would make the prices they say they get pie in the sky stuff. 1 guy would get close to that £330 per day in an 8 hour shift and some days get beyond that. It's not hard to figure out that there not doing what they preach.
Totally agree on the VAT thing. There's no way they are staying under the threshold with what some of them preach. The 'courses' some of the do must be utter nonsense too. As for illegal, one of them has a lad and he had a wfp set up in a little car and he'd sprayed the tank black (I assume as he'd get spotted and pulled over to easily with a big white tank in the back). It was laid right across the back of the front seats and is so dangerous in a car. I know people have to start somewhere but any sort of accident at all and he'd be crushed by it.

I watched a Mckintosh video allegedly of a power up 3D reel review it was as informative as a blank piece of paper

I've been surprised by the amount of content creators covering window/exterior cleaning.

Really enjoying Partridge Exterior Cleaning and Chris Addis at the minute.

Anyone got any recommendations?

maybe it's just me but I can't stand PEC, there's something about him that really grinds my gears!

Back