Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Red Mist!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

dunno whats happening to me lately. not like me to lose my temper or the plot for that matter. but when i get another windy who trads like a cowboy and cant afford a few hundred quid to upgrade and get with the times i get slightly peeeed orf. i saw this guy watching me work from the reflection in the glass and he was writing down on a notepad. i thought nothing of it and went round the back to clean the windows. when i finished i had my customer say another window cleaner just knocked and asked what i charged and he was willing to go in lower and do them less frequently. he told her wfp breaks the rubbers on the glass and scratches the sills etc. talk about gutless wonder. trying to steal my work. i thought nothing of it as she told him no. move to the next house over the road and go round the back and guess what, this bloke was only hiding round the corner and waiting till i went round the back of houses to clean to knock there doors and try to steal my work, this time i caught him. i shouldnt of said it but i bascally said whats your game pal?? trying to steal my customers. this lot did it before to me. he started giving it all mouth and told me he can knock what ever door he wants. this is the street i knocked last week and not one person wanted me to clean there windows but this punk dressed like some tramp on the dole, holes in his trainers and his mate cleaning the windows while he knocks. i told him toback off my customers there happy. he said bet they wouldnt be happy if they sore missed windows and dirt on there sills would they. ( had me thinking, is this punk gunna sabotage my work after ive been to gain me customers ) i basically threatened him and said if he does it again ill bust his hands so he cant knock. gets home theres 12 missed calls from unknown number saying i do Sh** work and watch my back. i know who they are and when i see them im gunna batter them!!

dont sound good, get a joke when they are like that, guess there dealer put the price up and they need to get more money to pay there habbits!

nahh these are real cleaners, been going for like 25 yrs. but they employed prats and kids who rather cut corners and do things the wrong way. ive seen these cowboys climb up slates on roofs that go like this \ without safety or anything. no doubt i will lose some customers but they will be back when they realise what cowboys these guys really are. i felt like thumping them lol. its obvious they rang my number tho while i wasnt here. ill find out where they live trust me lol

we got a company like that round here, had a few off them as some of the females feel intimidated by them, they are wfp guys and spend about 5-10 minutes per house! still leaving muck on doors etc! people like that gives the rest of us a bad name!

thats not a cowboy, that's a normal window cleaner, who has learned the skill of the squeegee, not like us muppets who use poles and aint got any skill, just splash water around and walk off,

best thing to do is just follow him one day, every where he goes, and find out his name, and when he is working stand a few doors away with your trad gear, and shout up the street "dave, did you manage to rob that money that was on the table"

or get his reg no and next time u see a police man, just give it to him and say you keep seeing it drive around all day really slowly where you are working,

or find out where he lives and go knock on his door and ask him what he wants, and if he starts mouthing off, ask him does he know where you live, and say I know where you live,

or just smash his face in

pmsfl. thats one way of doing it, when i first started out i got a berlingo van had it all kited out and everything, two weeks later got it sign written, the next day after i had it sign written i woke up to 2 slashed tyres. so thought bloody kids, paid over 100 for new tyres etc and a few weeks later same happened again but this time there blade was stuck in the tyre where it snapped off. i called the cops and they didnt wanna know nowt bout it. i got wise and bought a infra red video camera and mounted it out my window and pointed it at my van, someone reported me and the cops and counsil had the nerve to say IM breaking the law by filming public highway. so i sold that van after blowing it up and got my subaru impreza and so far only had 2 run ins with them punks. 3rd time unlucky for them. thing is its a big firm and they have a different person workin for them all the time.

this is why no one is saying yes to me at the doors when i knock, i kno it is. i dress smart they dress like..... typical benefit cheats. tracky bottoms cap. crappy old fiesta with roof racks. then u get ppl like us who take pride in there work and these peasants ruin it for us all. we should be like scotland and have licences for window cleaning. it wouldnt stop it completly but wud cut it a bit i recon. i see them in almost every village town i go to

this is why no one is saying yes to me at the doors when i knock, i kno it is. i dress smart they dress like..... typical benefit cheats. tracky bottoms cap. crappy old fiesta with roof racks. then u get ppl like us who take pride in there work and these peasants ruin it for us all. we should be like scotland and have licences for window cleaning. it wouldnt stop it completly but wud cut it a bit i recon. i see them in almost every village town i go to
unfortunately its like this in most trades you will always have some cowboys working for £40 a day and doing a **** job but as long as theres people who are willing to pay them its going to carry on happening.

with the country as it is and more and more ppl taking the benefit route it will carry on i think. then if they force ppl bk its more competition i think as theres not enuff jobs going about for all the millions of dossers out there. when i started there was a few in my area who cleaned windows but in past year its booming, every car u see has ladders on there roof and them tacky vista print magnet signs on there doors.

are people saying no after you give them your price
i dont get that far mate lol. i knock and say hello, do you want a window cleaner or a change of words to would you like your windows cleaned. still get a no, i tried all the scripts going and still no. i got lucky other week without knocking a door, they ran out there door and said yes lol.

the reason it is booming, is because of wc, who talk about earning £300 a day for doing nothing,

think about it this way, you clean someones window, and charge then £10 and takes 10 min, they then think you must be on £60 a hour, as it took 10 mins to do mine, that's 6 an hour, 8 hours a day that's £2400 a week wages, and I bet its all cash in hand

I only need £400 a week to live, I bet I can get that easy, so starts his own wc business and undercuts,

plus look how many wc have new vans, gone are the days of **** cars and vans, we look like we earn money and people want some

when some one asked me if the job is worth doing I say this

I worked it out once it costs me £3.23 to do each job and I charge you £6, so am making £2.77 per house, do about 4 an hours, so am making (2.77 x 4) £11.08 an hour, take off tax and your talking about 7.20 after tax, which sounds ok, but then I do a few hours every night I don't get paid for, when weather ****, I don't work so don't earn, I only do this job as I have child care problems, so need to take time off when ever I can, but I don't work, I don't earn, if I could get a job that would pay me what I earn now, and be able to afford child care I would jack it in

i dont get that far mate lol. i knock and say hello, do you want a window cleaner or a change of words to would you like your windows cleaned. still get a no, i tried all the scripts going and still no. i got lucky other week without knocking a door, they ran out there door and said yes lol.
try this

hi mate, sorry to bother you, am starting a window cleaning round and was wondering if you would be intrested

yes, greats its XXXX that's for glass, frames, cills, and surround, plus the doors, basically what is your window

no, ok no probs, heres a flyer anyway, thanks for your time

do you look to good

you a single dad then??? im a single dad, i work school hours and dont really earn enough to pay tax yet. next year ill be in the tax zone i recon. maybe even summer this year the way things are going. i pay nat ins etc. ppl dont think about fuel wear and tear on equipment and other overheads we have. ok i use rain water but i still use resin in summer when its dry and theres no rain. then theres the website and advertising. i dont go out collecting as thats a waste of time, i tell my custys to pay online or post me a cheque.

no, got a misses, just a good excuse, I was part of the reasoni became a wc as couldn't get child care 5 days a week, so need a job that would pay good money for part time hours

Dam it. He was supposed to wait until you left before knocking /emoticons/tongue.png

I will come up one weekend and we can go door knocking If you want ant.

no, got a misses, just a good excuse, I was part of the reasoni became a wc as couldn't get child care 5 days a week, so need a job that would pay good money for part time hours
reason i took it up was coz no one would gimme a job, job centre said theres jobs but no one wanted to give a single dad a chance to work. who would you employ tho really??? single dad who needs money to live and keep his kid or a single lad who wakes up monday morning with hang over and calls in sick. seems the calling in sick ppl win lol. i got into window cleaning by mistake really, a mate just had a back op and wanted her windows cleaning, she used a cheapo pole from betaware magazine and said ill give u a tenner for doing it. i said is there anything else you need doing. she said nahhh just do my windows. hence my business name just do my windows ( JDMW ) :lol:

Dam it. He was supposed to wait until you left before knocking /emoticons/tongue.png
I will come up one weekend and we can go door knocking If you want ant.
damo you got a deal, for every customer you get ill give u a fiver lmfao /emoticons/tongue.png

ok if you can get me 10 ill be happy. ill let you knock the area i did and if they ask im your manager lol :lol:

Back