Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Finished in the nick of time

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Managed to get a gutter job done just in the nick of time before it started hammering down and still is raining now.

I did feel sorry for the other lads at the house as they just finished pointing a new patio they had laid.

How about you folks today?

No rain around here yet, but its looking like we might get thunder tonight. Bad news about mateys pointing, I always keep a large roll of plastic (like the thin plastic dust sheets you buy) in my van for jobs like that. The stuff I have has saved me on so many occasions.

The poor chaps had no chance of covering it up as the heavens opened so to speak. The rain was so heavy it was bouncing about a foot of the patio and was soaked within seconds. :rolleyes:

Damn, that's annoying. Nothing worse then getting called back for something that's mostly out of your control.

Been stop start for me, brilliant sunshine then a heavy shower then back to sunshine so a bit of sitting around in the van day for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were gutted to say the least...

The good news is I haven't had a phone call yet to say that house guttering is still overflowing. Not surprising really as all the gutters were rammed solid and 8 downspouts plus bends were blocked solid too./emoticons/biggrin.png

Damn, that's annoying. Nothing worse then getting called back for something that's mostly out of your control.

on one house up my ladder clean windows then downpour down my ladder then it stopped 5 mins later move my ladder climb up start clean windows downpour down ladder rain off back up ladder clean windows down ladders move ladders next windows up ladders rain starts but not heavy so keep working and finish cleaning front windows start cleaning side custy comes out says working between showers [ not happy] i says yeah he checks out my work and says thats better looking now

carry on working custy another check and pays:thumbsup:

hmmm yes it be dodgy weather for me too... i was stick waggling today ...just a gutter/facia clean...it was a bit far away for me ...some seven miles... anyway to make it worthwhile i called in to b and q for a 25m hosepipe on reel and all fittings knocked down to £23...well my old one is well kinky...ohh mrs...

i didn't rush today as its monday and i like to ease myself into the week and from crewe b and q put in the the postcode to tomtom and off i went...i was really not amused to find the frackin (battlestar galactica) road completely closed off with a digger digging and tomtom kept saying go that way and i kept shouting i can't.....it was a hundred yards to where i wanted to turn...why me...?????

i was getting a bit peeved as to get to the other side was miles out of my way i gave it one shot and lucky i got it right..

so running late i wasn't really in the mood to be nice to customers....who could have bloody told me the road was blocked..i told him why i was late and he just said oh you should have just come down dairyhouse lane....i know he knows where that is but i am buggered if i do and i came from the opposite direction....grrrrrr

and of course i had to pass the local wfp window cleaner ....and as i went around again cause i couldn't find the house i pulled over to watch him work...well i have to learn from somewhere and i have never actually watched them at work...however...i think he may have spotted my ladders and pole inside my car so i did a runner...

of course when i did come to get my wfp out of the car guess who was working opposite....sorry mid cheshire window cleaning i am not poaching as such....its too far for me....i snuck my kit around the back quick whilst he was around the back..i am a sneaky boy..(the job is the parents of one i do in sandbach...)

and so off to my stick waggling....well i had actually to empty the gutters first and i couldn't really say too much on the price front as there was very little front gutters and he had apparently done the downstairs ones...still there was the back.. and so on i went up my ladder ....and looked to see the sky going very grey....i was on that stupid imprinted concrete which is a bugger to put ladders on when its wet so i got a move on before it arrived...just made it and then to the car to put on my wet gear...as it was gutters i had now got a rule that i carry dirty clothes as i know the muck gets all over you...but as usual...i had taken them inside wet and they had not come back to the car...so the wet gear probably would save my clothes..

of course he kept:specs:specs:specs on my progress....really helps that.....and of course he came out just as i set my new wfp up and connected it to the tap...and of course ....the pressure was too much and guess where the water went....no not on him...straight into the bloody fascia vents and we all know what that does...... i managed to set the pressure up right and soon got into the swing of things and then the rain stopped...and of course it went red hot...i was still in my wet gear....betty swallocks was out today...

i got changed into my shorts and got stuck in but my muscles are not used to this wfp thing...ache ache....

anyway the wfp adventure went okay really ...it was a bit of a pain as not using pure i had to re clean the windows as you can not really do gutters/fascias without dripping on them..and once i got around the front in the shade i relaxed a bit... then:specs came out to say they had to go out ...hurray....and so i got left to finish in peace....took me approx four hours not including the conny as that was new...i had priced it for three....hmmmm but he did give me extra so mustn't grumble and put it down to the learning curve...i also threw in a freebie...the garage door...well it had to be done....

is it quicker to wfp than go up and trad....i don't actually know...but in this case....well...he had everywhere immaculate and decking and gravel and plant pots so not so easy to get a ladder footed on your own ...and two dodgy areas over the bays...but aching muscles apart...it was quite good fun...next one wednesday....oh joy.../emoticons/biggrin.png

hmmm yes it be dodgy weather for me too... i was stick waggling today ...just a gutter/facia clean...it was a bit far away for me ...some seven miles... anyway to make it worthwhile i called in to b and q for a 25m hosepipe on reel and all fittings knocked down to £23...well my old one is well kinky...ohh mrs...
i didn't rush today as its monday and i like to ease myself into the week and from crewe b and q put in the the postcode to tomtom and off i went...i was really not amused to find the frackin (battlestar galactica) road completely closed off with a digger digging and tomtom kept saying go that way and i kept shouting i can't.....it was a hundred yards to where i wanted to turn...why me...?????

i was getting a bit peeved as to get to the other side was miles out of my way i gave it one shot and lucky i got it right..

so running late i wasn't really in the mood to be nice to customers....who could have bloody told me the road was blocked..i told him why i was late and he just said oh you should have just come down dairyhouse lane....i know he knows where that is but i am buggered if i do and i came from the opposite direction....grrrrrr

and of course i had to pass the local wfp window cleaner ....and as i went around again cause i couldn't find the house i pulled over to watch him work...well i have to learn from somewhere and i have never actually watched them at work...however...i think he may have spotted my ladders and pole inside my car so i did a runner...

of course when i did come to get my wfp out of the car guess who was working opposite....sorry mid cheshire window cleaning i am not poaching as such....its too far for me....i snuck my kit around the back quick whilst he was around the back..i am a sneaky boy..(the job is the parents of one i do in sandbach...)

and so off to my stick waggling....well i had actually to empty the gutters first and i couldn't really say too much on the price front as there was very little front gutters and he had apparently done the downstairs ones...still there was the back.. and so on i went up my ladder ....and looked to see the sky going very grey....i was on that stupid imprinted concrete which is a bugger to put ladders on when its wet so i got a move on before it arrived...just made it and then to the car to put on my wet gear...as it was gutters i had now got a rule that i carry dirty clothes as i know the muck gets all over you...but as usual...i had taken them inside wet and they had not come back to the car...so the wet gear probably would save my clothes..

of course he kept:specs:specs:specs on my progress....really helps that.....and of course he came out just as i set my new wfp up and connected it to the tap...and of course ....the pressure was too much and guess where the water went....no not on him...straight into the bloody fascia vents and we all know what that does...... i managed to set the pressure up right and soon got into the swing of things and then the rain stopped...and of course it went red hot...i was still in my wet gear....betty swallocks was out today...

i got changed into my shorts and got stuck in but my muscles are not used to this wfp thing...ache ache....

anyway the wfp adventure went okay really ...it was a bit of a pain as not using pure i had to re clean the windows as you can not really do gutters/fascias without dripping on them..and once i got around the front in the shade i relaxed a bit... then:specs came out to say they had to go out ...hurray....and so i got left to finish in peace....took me approx four hours not including the conny as that was new...i had priced it for three....hmmmm but he did give me extra so mustn't grumble and put it down to the learning curve...i also threw in a freebie...the garage door...well it had to be done....

is it quicker to wfp than go up and trad....i don't actually know...but in this case....well...he had everywhere immaculate and decking and gravel and plant pots so not so easy to get a ladder footed on your own ...and two dodgy areas over the bays...but aching muscles apart...it was quite good fun...next one wednesday....oh joy.../emoticons/biggrin.png
Core blimey it must be nearly bed time now after reading all that cnc...lol

Only joking as always a good post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep ....for what i paid musnt grumble....the pole is a bit ...bendy....but it does the job...dont think the clamps will last forever but i probally am not going to use it that much at the mo anyway...still got the ro pure water kit in the box too scared to put it all together.../emoticons/biggrin.png and next day delivery...

well i might feel better if i got the money you got...:rofl:

thats where i am going wrong...i always get the time wrong....must add at least an hour in future to all my quotes....

:rofl:

well i might feel better if i got the money you got...:rofl:
thats where i am going wrong...i always get the time wrong....must add at least an hour in future to all my quotes....

yep ....for what i paid musnt grumble....the pole is a bit ...bendy....but it does the job...dont think the clamps will last forever but i probally am not going to use it that much at the mo anyway...still got the ro pure water kit in the box too scared to put it all together.../emoticons/biggrin.png and next day delivery...
look forward to hear how first window clean goes :thumbsup:

yes i need to get my ro set up ...i keep looking at it ...i know where its going...i have even ordered two 25 litre barrels...so it wont be long.../emoticons/biggrin.png

as for charging smurf prices ...well mine are on the up..but i was cutting his lordship over the roads grass on sunday and some lad handed me a business card....of course it was for window cleaning...where from ...knutsford some ten miles away...

two recent new jobs i got ..the old windy came from stoke...ten miles plus away and the other winsford again ten miles away....so there is a lot of competition around here...i only travel about four miles ...max....

not that i bothered ...cause no one can beat cheapncheerful prices.....:rofl: mug that i am...

yes i need to get my ro set up ...i keep looking at it ...i know where its going...i have even ordered two 25 litre barrels...so it wont be long.../emoticons/biggrin.png
your going to be the best stick wiggler out there

i dont clean the windows today where i was all though as i said i had to go over them...he was defo trad as there was a no detailing work pattern on most of the windows...:eek:

of course ...the first windows i clean will be my own...testing testing 1,2,3

Latest Posts

Back