Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

flipping hydrophobic glass!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Here's one for you mate!

This little tip has saved me a million spots I'm sure.

Next time you clean a window and frame together, you'll see water droplets left on the top frame when your done, flick the excess water off your brush then push the top row of bristles onto the top frame firmly and pull down slowly, then watch as capillary action takes place and all the water droplets run down your bristles and into the brush.

It leaves most frames 90% dry, it's not a cure all thing but its a huge help. It works on hydrophobic glass too, if I have the problems you've described then I will slowly pull my brush down across the top frame and the top5-10% of the pane too, so when I do rinse I can stay well away from them black seals and the windows come up perfect.

Now the suns out you wanna be careful, great bonus though the front windows are usually dry by the time you've done the back so any issues are visible before you leave.
That’s what I do mate, but I’ve been told by a few experienced window cleaners that you don’t have to do that.. As long as the frames/ seals have been cleaned and rinsed properly there won’t be a problem with the drips left on them. However the windows with the thick rubber seals, I'm still knocking the drips off them before rinsing the glass, as I’ve a had a few problems with them in the past. 

I’m trying to trial different techniques to gain more confidence. 

Ive just tried both fan jets today, I’m not that keen tbh. I prefer the more powerful flow from the pencil jets, I feel that the rinse will be much better with the pencil jets as the water comes out much faster.. 

That’s what I do mate, but I’ve been told by a few experienced window cleaners that you don’t have to do that.. As long as the frames/ seals have been cleaned and rinsed properly there won’t be a problem with the drips left on them. However the windows with the thick rubber seals, I'm still knocking the drips off them before rinsing the glass, as I’ve a had a few problems with them in the past. 

Ive just tried both fan jets today, I’m not that keen tbh. I prefer the more powerful flow from the pencil jets, I feel that the rinse will be much better with the pencil jets as the water comes out much faster.. 
You have got to really perservere with the fans. Whack up your flow rate. Mines on 60. I`m starting to prefer them to pencils I think but I understand everyone is different

Fans for me were dreadful, I like to have the ability to very precise when rinsing on some occasions, fans wont allow you to that. They also lack concentrated power to move certain bits off the glass. Each to their own but defiantly not my cup of tea.

Back