Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you structure your round?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulio

Hi guys,

Was wondering how you guys go about keeping your round compact?

Im only new and dont have lots of customers but the ones i do have seem to be really disjointed, i have a fair few flats i do in and out which is easy money but the customer has to be in so it limits me to when i can do it, some days i'll have lots to do then others i'll have 1 or 2, it's a real pain.

I have 4, 6 and 8 weekly jobs at the moment and i think that might be half my trouble, am i best just sticking to 4 and 8 weekly rounds and concentrating on just one area each week?

So for example. week 1 only do jobs in area A. week 2 do jobs in area B etc?

really not sure how to approach it. any help would be very much appreciated.

It is messy to start with mate, but it will get better. When starting up you have to take what you can get, doesn't all come at once.

But as you said, the 6 week ones will be messing you up. Stick to 4 & 8, much easier to deal with. I try get all 4 weekly if I can.

I have recently re-structured, try to group ones close by and do them on the same day, and keep them together as a run.

Then do same with others. May take some shifting around but you'll get there.

Not sure if that's any help! lol

ya the 6 weeks need to be moved to 4 or 8

i dont do 8 week work for less than £10 tho so if anyone wants it least i'm getting £60 a year from them + lol

ya i'm 8 weeks in atm and got a few scatterings jobs but i'll just restructure them once i get to a nice amount of customers

how long you been at it and how many you roughly got atm ?

Thanks for the reply guys!

Been at it just over 2 months i suppose give or take. have 70'ish customers. But alot of them are flats i do in and out, which as i said before is easy money but its hard work sometimes trying to fit them in together coz they have to be in.

I walk my round as i don't drive yet. which has limited me to the areas i do. but i have recently bought a ladder and will be canvassing more houses for work. (houses i do at the moment i use an ext pole) so hopefully i can pick up more work, there are 100's of houses within 20mins walk from me i aint even touched yet (should be able to manage that walk with a ladder on my shoulder lol) because i never had a ladder.

Main goal obviously is to save enough for a van, but we'll see /emoticons/smile.png

Have to say I started out with just 4 or 8 but the area I'm in not many people liked the 4 weekly clean so always went for the 8. I now offer 4 & 6 and will only mention the 8 week service if the customer asks or is not sure on the other options. So far so good. It is more of a pain to organise but hey.

I also do 6 weeks. Found that the custys thought it came round to quick so they wanted 8 weeks so offered 6 & if you got a lot it was the same as 4. Over 24 weeks I get 4 cleans rather then 3 but it's each to there own & obviously want the custy is happy with.

I cover my local town monthly and Bi-monthly (missing them out every other month) and do a village every 6 weeks on a Sunday... Use Saturdays to fit odd jobs in etc. As you build the round you will fit them into your way of working no problem... Example. Mrs. Smith has a monthly clean on the 20th-ish and Mrs. Jones phoned you on the 27th a new custy and wants her cleaned... Clean them ASAP and the following month pull it forward 3 days to the 24th and then the following month pull it forward again and then Mrs. Smith and Jones will be on a level playing field.... Or ttell them you are really busy and it may take a couple of weeks before you get to them - this way bringing Mrs. Smith back a few days...

Back