Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack pump help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

With respect you're adding dirt cheap non reliable components. 

Why not support a British based company selling tried and tested equipment such as Darren at DA Components and for a few quid more get the chemical rated viton pump 
No offence taken, my son as just used for approx 4 years using 2 x 25l  drums the equivalent of a 50l pure freedom trolley pumping thru 100m of microbore and 25m pole hose (we are tubless) before then that £7 pump started to make noises. 

I highly recommend if you want a temporary cheap reliable highly used pump my son was only going to work with me temporarily. Lol still with me 5 years later lol. 

Yes I do support British business spent manny many many thousands £££ notes on window cleaning gear with them replacing like for like pump in a backpack made of CHinese components is normal if you ask me.

all these people that make their own backpacks/trolleys  where do their buy components of the likes of Ali express then sell on eBay at a much higher profit level as they are in business just like my self ?

No offence taken, my son as just used for approx 4 years using 2 x 25l  drums the equivalent of a 50l pure freedom trolley pumping thru 100m of microbore and 25m pole hose (we are tubless) before then that £7 pump started to make noises. 

I highly recommend if you want a temporary cheap reliable highly used pump my son was only going to work with me temporarily. Lol still with me 5 years later lol. 

Yes I do support British business spent manny many many thousands £££ notes on window cleaning gear with them replacing like for like pump in a backpack made of CHinese components is normal if you ask me.

all these people that make their own backpacks/trolleys  where do their buy components of the likes of Ali express then sell on eBay at a much higher profit level as they are in business just like my self ?
Just to add I haven’t cleaned any gutters, Connie roof etc fo approx 18 months - 2 years as I’m full to capacity so I personally don’t need chemical rated pumps all my add on works gets passed on to other local windows as I like to help the newcomers that haven’t a full round and need the extra work.

Just ordered one to keep in stock in case I need it.
You can get more powerful chemical resistant one for about £12 as they are all physically the same size we renewed my sons older pump 4.0l that worked overtime for approx 4 years to a larger 6.0l chemical pump as couple of weeks back.

I put one of those sub £10 5LPM eBay pumps on my PF trolley because they are a third of the weight of the Sureflo and can be used all day on a much smaller battery.  As I prefer to use a plain PWM flow control, I wired it up with a 40 amp relay to protect the pressure switch on the advice of another member. That pump is in it fourth year. I run it at 60/100 on the flow controller with 15-25m of pole hose depending on my needs. The flow is plenty from two 100 degree fans.

I have now ordered 2 just incase I need one. My first backpack which I used hypo for has gave up but I think its the pump that's gone. Once I have time I will take a look at it and see if I can change the pump as I also have a Gardiner pump in stock.

I have now ordered 2 just incase I need one. My first backpack which I used hypo for has gave up but I think its the pump that's gone. Once I have time I will take a look at it and see if I can change the pump as I also have a Gardiner pump in stock.
Very easy to change out just cut the two wires on the old pump solder the two wires on the new pump and shrink wrap the join ?

I bought a small box of shrink wrap from Lidl the weekend £2.99 

I’m terrible at diy and even I managed  to Chang the pump out ???

Very easy to change out just cut the two wires on the old pump solder the two wires on the new pump and shrink wrap the join ?

I bought a small box of shrink wrap from Lidl the weekend £2.99 

I’m terrible at diy and even I managed  to Chang the pump out ???
If anyone is unsure on hose to rewire a pump drop a comment and ill make a video for you 

Soldering 

Wago connectors 

Crimp terminals 

Chockie blocks will all do the job safely 

Austin 

If anyone is unsure on hose to rewire a pump drop a comment and ill make a video for you 

Soldering 

Wago connectors 

Crimp terminals 

Chockie blocks will all do the job safely 

Austin 
That would be good ?

When I last stripped down my trolley for maintenance, I rewired it using Wago connectors on the recommendation of an electrician friend.  I love that they are reusable.  Makes maintenance a breeze.

When I last stripped down my trolley for maintenance, I rewired it using Wago connectors on the recommendation of an electrician friend.  I love that they are reusable.  Makes maintenance a breeze.
I personally don't use them for long term use. Especially in a trolley setup with humidity as they deteriorate and the jaws rust 

Just set up ready to film a YouTube video tomorrow on how to make connections to your pump 

20210421_213424.jpg

Got a second hand Gardiner backpack just had to replace the output hose so it fits my hose, sounds a better my last backpack sound like jumbo jet ever since I had it I thought it was normal but now thinking about it I believe there was an issue to begin with.

A video would be great, I'll be ordering a replacement pump and bits so I can always have a back up.

After a late night producing an informative, educational & in depth custom video which has been edited, processed and finally uploaded to YouTube just for you.

It has been split into two videos both of which should really help those you that would like to understand basic wiring & connections.

The Video's go live on YouTube at 20.00hrs tonight (GMT)

My Channel is - AW Services 

Please Subscribe as it's been a long day getting this finalised 

Austin 

ipiccy_image.jpg

After a late night producing an informative, educational & in depth custom video which has been edited, processed and finally uploaded to YouTube just for you.

It has been split into two videos both of which should really help those you that would like to understand basic wiring & connections.

The Video's go live on YouTube at 20.00hrs tonight (GMT)

My Channel is - AW Services 

Please Subscribe as it's been a long day getting this finalised 

Austin 

View attachment 24311
Video's are now live 

We keep learning. Having had a dad who was an electrical engineer and who always had projects of some sort on the go and then getting into the world of RC modelling in my twenties, I've also been soldering for many years. I'm now I'm my 61st year and I learned a new technique from your video. I recon there will be quite a few of us who will benefit from your efforts. Many thanks  

Back