Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners 100° fan jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I got mine today too and tried them on my last job. First impressions are good but I’ll wait until I’ve used them more before i decide whether to stick with them or go back to my regular fans. I really like the hiss they make on the glass. 

I got mine today too and tried them on my last job. First impressions are good but I’ll wait until I’ve used them more before i decide whether to stick with them or go back to my regular fans. I really like the hiss they make on the glass. 

They sound awesome don't they

Last edited by a moderator:
May be a silly question, but I'm now looking to trial and hoepfully move to fan jets as they seem like a great idea, however are they always that noisy or are they that noisy because the systems on such a high pressure for demonstration?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

With fan jets you will get noise to a greater or lesser extent. Note on my little video that when I lift off the glass to show the spray pattern the noise drops. Brush on glass? A lot of pressure bouncing around contained by the bristles. I find when using fans you must have a brush that allows you to rinse on the glass as the spray pattern is difficult to contain, especially at 2 stories and above. I use Constructor with spray bar (multiple pencil jet) above but can’t say I enjoy using the new Gardiner bar with the fan jets that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using 4 on a standard size extreme

Due to the way i work it is very beneficial to me

I just don't need to rinse anything as the rinsing is done automatically with that flow and if i work quick i can actually save water
in theory 4 smaller diameter jets should give the same flow as 2 larger diameter jets, does this ring true?

Sounds right but not tried it as they are 4 standard jets i use 
i will be trying four jets soon but i wouldn't want to lose the power i get from two,last few days i have been rinsing on most panes except from very hydrophobic and have found I'm noticeably quicker and use less water.

How does 4 jets improve things for you?

I get a huge amount of water pouring down the glass so it is rinsed by the time I've finished scrubbing

You do need to put the flow up though 

I use a 6lpm pump on about 40% power

I changed to the 100° fans yesterday which work even better for me

40% of 6lpm would be 2.4lpm

That is a rough guide as with hose etc you will never get as much as they say due to hose diameter etc

in theory 4 smaller diameter jets should give the same flow as 2 larger diameter jets, does this ring true?
Yep, it’s just maths. 4 x1.5mm produces the same flow as 2x 3mm and the pressure (spray length) stays pretty much the same without pump or spigot tweaking. In the early Reach-it Beta Brush days I found that 4x 1.5mm was always efficient and the wider spread of rinse meant less time on the glass (adding a pivot to the brush speeds it up even more)...over the top rinse is most effective on full width rinse e.g. Jeff Brimble’s early ‘show and tell’ with four small fan jets spaced evenly along front edge of his brush. Wagtail’s Jetstream and newer tools, Gardiner’s Top Mount bar with x2 by fan jets... I of course use Reach-It’s Hydroblade which can be tweaked for water pressure e.g. my go to 12” has every 3rd hole open. That’s 10x .75mm. No drop in pressure compared to 4x 2mm jets but used with pivot so much quicker on the glass which means less water used...

oh dear! just snapped both my pencil jets trying to take them ou to reposition them whilst adding two more jets!

Left with two pencils and two 100 degree fans, suppose its worth a whirl.

would it be better with the fans on the outside or the inside?

oh dear! just snapped both my pencil jets trying to take them ou to reposition them whilst adding two more jets!

Left with two pencils and two 100 degree fans, suppose its worth a whirl.

would it be better with the fans on the outside or the inside?
For future reference :) turn brush over place a short length of rod (or an old jet) and tap it through with a hammer. Trying to remove with pliers or grips from the top almost always ends in tears. A combination of fan and pencil will possibly be a challenge with their different flow rates...I would try it however with fan on the outside.

Back